Reviews for A Difference of Opinion
Dicere chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
Very nice. Albus is a terribly manipulative bugger, isn't he...
Ysilme chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
Again, one of the stories I seem to have read very early on in my finding out about fanfiction - as I didn't review yet and back then didn't think my English would suffice to do so. But this one I remember well.

It was as striking and heartbreaking as it was the first time when I read it, and it is all the more so with all what we know now about DH. It always really astonished me that Snape should have accepted Lupin as a teacher so seemlingly easy after what we learn later on. Your tale fits much better and explains quite something. Now I just want to hug Snape and make it all better...
C.Rara chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
loved it! beautifully written.
Chemistress chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
Wonderful - very moving! I guess, you're absolutely right about the scene.
Little Tigger chapter 1 . 12/21/2004
Aw... This was very bittersweet. Poor Severus.

:~) LT
Persephone Lupin chapter 1 . 10/15/2004
Wow, this is absolutely how I would have imagined it, very convincing! Rowling couldn't have written it better!
Run Wild chapter 1 . 8/1/2004
Another one about power, negotiation and how people cope within painful, political circumstances. Yes, Dumbledore does tend to see most people like school children who need to learn something – in Snape’s case it is forgiveness. The older you are, the harder the lessons. I am not sure if Snape would be on first name terms with Dumbledore though, but that is such a minor point in the light of a beautifully constructed, well paced, well characterised piece. (I especially liked Snape’s internalising at the start: the cadences and nuances in speech are very Rickmanesque!) You’ve filled in a missing chapter – thanks. Now, I had always wondered what they may have said after Snape exposed Lupin…
P.D. Ellus chapter 1 . 4/7/2004
I love your portray of Dumbledore. He sure can be a cunning old man sometimes!
Well, you know I'm your fan LOL, so it's always a great read for me!
Rakshasa chapter 1 . 11/13/2003
That was a nice fill in scene.I like the fact that it didn't go over bored with emotions.
XxDragon Princess NikkixX chapter 1 . 10/7/2003
A very interesting story. I really liked the idea for its creativity and originality. I had often wondered that and it's nice to know that i can find the answer through this nicely written piece. I doubt Snape would go off and insult Dumbledore like that, however. I'm sure he was just as angry as you portrayed him to be though. Snape often has a quiet, deadly anger when dealing with his collegues(i know i spelled that wrong),rather than an explosive one. But you know, he does get pretty violent around Harry. His anger is definitly justified (at least in his perspective)and i love how you conveyed that. Nicely written, excellent grammar and spelling, overall a very nice piece!

Nikki
tall oaks chapter 1 . 9/18/2003
Nicely written story. The build up to the heights was so pleasantly done. I would hope you continue with this story. You're Dumbledore's manipulation of Severus is so wonderful. Dumbledore stroking so effectively and Snape knowing it was happening brilliant.
Chary chapter 1 . 9/13/2003
Hi, back again! I'm sorry I'm doing this in bits and drabs - I really need to manage my time better! Anyway, another *wonderful* piece; I love missing scenes, especially involving Snape and this was something I'd often wondered about. You made the scene sound very realistic, both Snape and Dumbledore had valid points, but much as I like Lupin, I couldn't help sympathising with Snape. His hurt at what he saw as a long felt betrayal, fairly leapt out at you. You also got me feeling pretty annoyed with Dumbledore in places because of what was basically a steam roller-ing of Snape's feelings. I think what made it even more difficult for Snape to accept was the fact that not only was Lupin being allowed back, he was doing so by taking the job Snape desperately wanted, and the two of them were well aware of that. (Or were they - was this written post or prior to OOTP?) Anyway, I also liked the way you managed to keep it tense, but still add a bit of humour: "Oh, really? I was expecting a front page article in the Daily Prophet "Werewolf Comes To Hogwarts…Staff and Students Thrilled to Death!"" Lol! Good old sarky Snape! I was also glad Dumbledore left Snape with what was basically an apology - if he truly didn't get one at the time of the Shrieking Shack incident, it was long past due. Excellent job!
Warlady chapter 1 . 8/24/2003
Wonderful fic, you manage to play this characters perfectly!

Blessed be

Kat
Arachne's Child chapter 1 . 6/26/2003
Ah, yes. Dumbledore is so omniscient, so powerful, that his decisions are often implemented by means of manipulation. In the long run, this tactic serves the general good, but he does tend to run riot over the individuals in his way... he rarely is held accountable for this method of operation.

I'm sorry to see Snape give in so quickly. *sigh* but he did get back a bit, didn't he, by revealing Lupin's little secret somewhat later.
RivanKnight chapter 1 . 6/21/2003
oh man.. I dun know why, but after reading this fic, I have developed an intense loathing for Dumbledore.. That is so manipulative of him. Poor Sev, I rather he agreed to it but not acting so submissive. I feel angry when Sev 'sigh' and Albus has a 'satisfied expression'. Argh! Was hoping it will end on a more angry note..

RK