Reviews for Learning from Lily
dhamann7878 chapter 2 . 3/31
Fairly original story, very enjoyable
reseh chapter 2 . 3/27
I thought this was a very interesting story. Thanks for posting.
Tay chapter 2 . 3/24
Don’t review often but this was too wonderful not to. Good concept; lovely ending. Very Luna.
potterpalspranks chapter 1 . 3/24
In a system of tracking points by having rubies or other gems go up and down an hour glass, how does a house go into negative points? I think it is impossible. The one point canonically we come close to going negative points at the end of year 5 Deputy Headmistress Kitty comes in to award a bunch of points cutting of Snape, who never gets to tell us what happens if points go less than 0.

I bring this up only to ask, how did Gryffindor earn 100 points before the first Defense lesson to be able to lose 100 points? This especially confuses me when house points at the end of the year never seemed to go above 500 in canon, at least in the years points are mentioned. Did you have an answer in your story?
fvdv123 chapter 2 . 3/24
This is a great story, I love the ending
keht.jelicho chapter 2 . 3/22
the only thing I find lacking is "what happens next in britain" honestly I wouldn't expect those of Clan Underhill (they are in scotland after all, and own land and by old law owning land is enough to legally claim the title Laird or Lord, so probably so way of legal or fictional at least finagling something up to establish them all as one Clan) to want to be involved in the rebuilding. was kind of hoping this would be a case of "Neville's parents were actually being kept mindless by potions Dumbledore arranged their healer to give" type story so that they could be recovering at least slightly. Maybe the ICW comes in (honestly if its the body that created and ratified the Statute of Secrecy you would think they would intervene/send forces just to stop the secret getting out) to restore/reestablish a basic system? Or the Queen, having records or something of magicals from before the Statute, or even being magical herself but not Hogwarts taught (and thus actually more knowledgeable and skilled than most British magicals) and was prevented by some old magic to not intercede with the Former government but since it has fallen she can come in and reclaim governance of the magical world? (wouldn't that be ironic, Voldemort promised magicals ruling over muggles and all along she already had been in a way). At the very least I somehow was expecting a forced educational reform (possibly backed by the ICW or forced to meet Their standards, after all there is no ministry/government to ratify let alone administer Exams (not that I expect the British O.W.L.s and N.E.W.T.s to actually count or measure up to international/ICW standards) so having ICW create a overseeing body to ensure quality education would make sense. Especially if Harry was convinced to write a letter to the ICW showing how all the problems and near breaking of the Statute within Britain could arguably be linked back to the crap education and the social structures it perpetuated. Thus changing the education and shaping the future generations would change the society. Still don't expect Harry to send his kids to Hogwarts though.

anyways over all I have absolutely loved the story, adding to favorites even, although the "i was love potioned and conditioned, but its ok because its now a part of who I am" bit makes me uncomfortable. But at least Snape was still a greasy git and not her true love or something that the potions took from her. And nice job of explaining Petunia in a way that doesn't excuse Harry's treatment at the Dursleys but does let her have more of a reason than simple jealousy. I liked the idea of the "Evans Grimoire" and honestly was halfway expecting Harry to change that to be his Surname at somepoint. Though that might be what he does for the future, or at least for his kids, such that fame isn't tied down on them.
dolph25 chapter 2 . 3/14
Great story! Thanks.
wanderingwitchelaine chapter 2 . 3/9
i enjoyed this and look forward to some stories based on the premise. look forward to more of your writings! thanks
wanderingwitchelaine chapter 1 . 3/9
very good story, really enjoying it look forward to the next chapter well #20 anyway :)
stevem1 chapter 2 . 2/23
This is an interesting story. I wonder if Hermione was optioned like Lily?
Lord Cartwright chapter 2 . 2/21
Loved it.
HarryPotterFangirl85 chapter 2 . 2/10
Enjoyed the story
FotoDi chapter 2 . 2/7
Very satisfying read!
Kevin Meyer1 chapter 2 . 2/6
One of the best fan fiction ever.!
mkoepp63026 chapter 2 . 2/5