Reviews for Whump Collection
islandsandstars chapter 48 . 9/24
Omg, omg, omg!
I LOOOOOVED THIS!
Poor scott. Insomnia is HORRIBLE!
Thankyou, thankyou, THANKYOU for another ABSOLUTLY AMAZING chapter! Woohoo! :)
islandsandstars chapter 47 . 9/22
Omg, poor scott! Alan did AMAZINGLY taking care of him.
Woooow, what a BRILLIANT CHAPTER!
Thankyou for sharing another FANTASTIC Whump! :)
islandsandstars chapter 46 . 9/15
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!
Omg, omg, OMG!
I love it, I love it, I LOVE IT!
This chapter is MAGNIFICENT! You should definitely write more of this in the future! It's AMAZING! :)
Needlesskitkat1232 chapter 46 . 9/14
oh, now that's a cool ending. So love this.
islandsandstars chapter 45 . 9/14
Wooooooooow!
Absolutely FANTASTIC CHAPTER!
Omg, that last sentence gave me goosebumps!
Totally, TOTALLY LOVED IT! :)
Needlesskitkat1232 chapter 45 . 9/14
great story. Would love to see more!
cybersocks chapter 45 . 9/14
Chilling and heartbreaking. The sparse, clipped style and robotic repetition powerfully gives the impression of distance, lifelessness.

It wasn't til the third or fourth re-read that I caught the bit about not having supplies for *ten* people. Oh, Scotty...

I love the staccato rhythm of: "I have four brothers, one sister, a grandmother. Godmother. Three close friends."

Perhaps a companion piece from Gordon's POV?
Needlesskitkat1232 chapter 8 . 9/8
Scott... no... not my baby boy... Scotty no
Once I'm done crying I will tell you how much I love these stories.
I really do. but did you have to kill him? My baby.
I'm going to finish my cry now.
you're an amazing story and I love your stories.
islandsandstars chapter 44 . 9/7
Yay, conrad! He and Alan did get on so well, I'm glad they've stayed friends.
Awww, poor scott! I really want to give him a huge hug!
Woohoo! Thankyou for another MAGNIFICENT CHAPTER! :)
islandsandstars chapter 43 . 8/30
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!
NOOOOOOO! You can't leave it there. We need more!
This was absolutely THRILLING!
OMG! Totally, totally LOVED IT! :)
montogma chapter 43 . 8/30
Oh I hate it when you do one-shot stories like this. I always want more to the story! Anyway that you can continue this one?
Arlene chapter 12 . 8/29
Chapter 12. - What Do Hugs Feel Like?
Ick. Next thing you know, EOS will try to inhabit a human body in order to experience hugs. i love Isaac Asimov’s robots, but EOS isn’t one of them and seems not to be governed by the Three Laws. “She” will keep them safe, all right, as she alone determines.
Arlene chapter 23 . 8/29
Chapter 23 - In the Grand Scheme of Things
One’s value doesn’t depend on the number of people who value a person or on the nature of the effect, the size of the effect. This is not how to measure value; it’s as foolish as a child claiming to have more friends than someone else. What matters is the effect of each act or of one’s very existence on someone else, not the type or size, not the number of people whose lives are affected. One act of kindness on Scott’s part might have as much value in the grand scheme of things than the saving of many lives. Thanks for this thoughtful story.
Arlene chapter 29 . 8/28
Chapter 29 - Imposter
Ach, that’s tragic — trying to live up to the example of one person, wishing for validation from one person. The best parents teach their children to be good, find something worthwhile that they like to do and are good at, and so be happy; not to compare themselves with anyone else, because that generally leads to discontent. Will Scott ever be free?
Arlene chapter 39 . 8/28
Chapter 39.
This is Jeff’s voice, I guess. I wonder if Lucy would have encouraged him to find another woman to love, not to replace her, of course, but to be an “also.” Many people experience his kind of loss, and many find new happiness when they weren’t expecting it or looking for it. I’d like to see a story in which Jeff struggles against an attraction to a new character.