Reviews for Mass Effect: Isolation
Zandaino-Nova-Ari chapter 9 . 3/29
Exterminatus Batarian scum
Darkstar163 chapter 15 . 3/4
we have a winner here! there are very few well done underdog ME fanfics that don't stray into morbid depression. this give the horrors of slavery, but nicely balances it with hope and possibilities. I don't expect it to be all sunshine and roses, which is why I can't stop reading. can't wait to see where this goes. :)
Chronus1326 chapter 15 . 2/8
Great chapter, thank you!
You mentioned DD Samuel B. Roberts and Capt Evans' DD Johnston, have you seen on YT Drachinifel's Battle of Samar: Odds, What are those? Its an excellent retelling.
OMAC001 chapter 15 . 2/8
Great space battle!
Skout1984 chapter 15 . 2/7
There is one particular trope I love if executed well: Humans Through Alien Eyes. So, you can imagine that I absolutely ate this chapter up. Fantastic stuff. Actually reminds me of another, sadly discontinued Mass Effect-Fanfiction named "First Contact" which depicted Humans from an Asari's standpoint in a similar fashion.
Looking forward to where you'll take the story next, am onboard with everything as long as it includes more Human/Alien-Interactions & getting to know each other-stuff. :D
Pteaset chapter 15 . 2/7
So good
yurib chapter 15 . 2/7
I've been waiting till Operation SPARTACUS was complete in order to give a review and I can tell that this was awesome. As I said before, most of the stories that try to depict independant humans in Mass Effect tend to cosplay a budget version of Warhammer 40000 Imperium and this can become quiet boring and unimaginative after first fifty times. Otherwise they create some sort of edgelord faction with weird technology in order to keep ahead of other factions in this setting (for exemple the alternative forms of faster than light travel in order to avoid "the trap"). It is nice to see a story where humans have to fight for their place in stars while being genuine underdog(no arbitrary unique human supertech but simply using existing ME tech in unconventional way due to their real technological and numerical limitations).Only real problem that I can see in this story is the fact that some edgelords might complain that humans here are nice and lucky, but we are in a spaceopera and this didn't stop me from enjoying Star Wars or Stargate SG-1(that this story makes me think of). I'm looking for the next arc with great anticipation.
Excellent story. You gave good reasons for the technologies, economic, social and political situations present. Continue with the great work.
George Cristian810 chapter 15 . 2/7
This is not my type of story so i am out . I read fiction for an escape from reality , not to read more grim stuff .
Touhoufanatic chapter 15 . 2/6
Dam, I've liked this arc alot. Who knew seeing batarians as more than scum could be enjoyable.
Pteaset chapter 15 . 2/6
So good
Jalaras chapter 14 . 2/1
I like the character you've produced for Onatheer. I can see him become leader of sorts of a "Free Batarian" Movement. He has experience commanding and is dedicated to destroying the Hegemony, plus being part of a well-known family. He's a somewhat natural fit. I liked his backstory with his wife and daughter. The way he talked, I wondered if he was going to leave with his ship off on his own, but the final few lines basically said that he was going back to Alliance Space with the Humans.

Nice little short story with the girl. Didn't connect to much, but it was a nice little short blurb. It did give an interesting reminder how the Batarian Government is portraying humans with their Propaganda.

I remember one Mass Effect story had a side detail that dogs were becoming a very popular pet in the galaxy.

It was funny that the Human Doctor does mistake a harmless myth for actual medical procedure. A nice reminder that there would be misinformation out there, even with advances in technology. I thought the Doctor agreeing that humans were insane was rather funny.

I do like the dynamic of the Asari former-slave having to remind herself that, even with her race being much longer lived, that doesn't give her an excuse to put on airs. I could actually think of an interesting contrast if the Asari Doctor ever gets repatriated and she keeps getting asked about how primitive (in less blatant terms) the humans were. It eventually really annoys her because the human weren't primitive, they just didn't know as much. In fact, she might find that she actually prefers life in the Alliance because they aren't as high-and-mighty there, something she can finally feel and recognize in her own culture after being out of Asari space for so long.
Firehelper chapter 13 . 1/15
Fun story
SSJ-Jolt chapter 14 . 1/5
One advantage to the genetically modified dogs? We could get rid of all the health issues selective breeding has caused by editing or removing the genes that cause those health issues. Fix those back issues, no more scrunched up faces that can't breath, no more brittle tails and so forth.
Chronus1326 chapter 14 . 1/4