Reviews for After All We've Done : A North and South Modern Variation
Anna Stonebrook chapter 17 . 7/31
I was a little skeptical on this story at first. You say you weren't happy with Back to You? BAH, I say! Back to You was _perfect_. Here, I wasn't getting the same sense that these two are meant to be together. All they do is fight all the time, and it was a bit exhausting to read. Maybe they should just break up?

But I see it starting to turn around in this most recent chapter... and all your other stuff is so good. I think I should trust you. :) Looking forward to seeing where you take this.
faith-hope-and-glory chapter 17 . 7/31
Sorry for belated review. But better late than never, I hope.
Aftermath of Boucher’s suicide is heavy, with the children suffering. I was sort of surprised Hannah went that far and was so supportive. Of course, understandable with her own history, though.
Margaret noticing John’s contribution (arranging the funeral and so on) while witnessing his night time ritual is brilliant. I liked your plot so much here. Who can help thanking and kissing John here?
Thank you for this heavy but important chapter!
It’s astounding how one simple act can make or break someone’s feelings.
Great chapter and plot development in moving M’s feelings along
Carolineonestop chapter 17 . 7/18
Oh dear me. After all this time is Margaret only now thinking about trying to love John
Poor guy! He deserves more. He may not be open in his manner due to his upbringing. But his actions speak volumes
Grow up Margaret. You are soon to be a mother yourself.
YuuriQueen chapter 17 . 7/17
Maggie is the type of person who wastes time going in circles around the same damn thing. It must be tiring being herself xD
For that reason I wonder: I know she's young, and she doesn't understand much about love and she lacks of good examples about it, but she really doesn't know that she wants him? Besides the physical aspect, obviously. There is love, there is sex and then there is the stage in which Maggie founds herself: she don't love him YET, but she's attracted by him and wants to know him and I think that, if she lets go the fear, she can start feeling her own heart (and John's love for her). I'm a shipper of the "love at first sight" motto. Not matter what she thinks, she's the type of girl that can entrust herself physically if there isn't some kind of feeling in the background. She's so damn thick! xD

By the way, loved Jonh 3

PS: I know someday they will learn to talk to each other. TALK TO EACH OTHER. xD
John’s exhaustion really came through the words, poor guy. Wonderful how it broke through M’s final? reserve
Lynn chapter 16 . 7/17
Hannah emotionally crippled her children with her need to hold on to them. I am glad John is finally moving out and moving on. I cannot imagine being so selfish as she is. Margaret is the best thing that has happened to John. I feel sorry for John to have to go through this suicide with the Boucher children, but he will help them through it.
Enarak chapter 17 . 7/16
That was beautifully done! What a way to build tension, and what a lovely end of the chapter! Thank you for this story!
ColleenD chapter 17 . 7/16
I loved the ending of this chapter. I was so afraid at first that it was going to end badly, but that was just perfect. Please keep adding chapters and I don't care if they are here or on any of your other works. I am enjoying them immensely.
faith-hope-and-glory chapter 16 . 6/20
Well. I understand Margaret’s points and also John’s. But the situation at the bar and the Boucher children are quite helpless. We can’t burden the world’s troubles, but what if we witness some? Living in our sphere is sparing us from knowing or experiencing uncomfortables. I don’t know what I’ll do in Margaret’s shoe.
Paralleling John’s early life with the Boucher is very clever. Hannah somewhat helpful here surprised me, but it makes sense. Good read always, thank you!
3marant0 chapter 16 . 6/19
So much action in this one! Truly a delight to read and we got to see so many different characters!
Yay for a new update! Thank you!
I'm glad Mrs Thornton finally apologized and Edith knows about the pregnancy. Can't be too long now for Margaret and John to settle their differences, right?! As always, can't wait to see what happens next :)
Hi! Really enjoying this story! Difficult to translate this into modern day, but I think you got the characterization right! (I do kinda think the age difference is a bit iffy for modern attitudes, especially since she's so young, but it is what it is.) I feel sorry for John in this too, as he must think Margaret in some way felt coerced into marrying him and might be better off without him, but I love me some angst! Keep it up!
mariantoinette1 chapter 16 . 6/17
Sad chapter in the Boucher children lives but luckily they have Mary, Maggie and John.
So good to see Margaret growing up and realizing how her words have the power to hurt John.
Didn’t expect Margaret and Hannah situation to resolve so quickly, will they still move out then?