Reviews for After All We've Done : A North and South Modern Variation
Lynn chapter 16 . 7/17
Hannah emotionally crippled her children with her need to hold on to them. I am glad John is finally moving out and moving on. I cannot imagine being so selfish as she is. Margaret is the best thing that has happened to John. I feel sorry for John to have to go through this suicide with the Boucher children, but he will help them through it.
Enarak chapter 17 . 7/16
That was beautifully done! What a way to build tension, and what a lovely end of the chapter! Thank you for this story!
ColleenD chapter 17 . 7/16
I loved the ending of this chapter. I was so afraid at first that it was going to end badly, but that was just perfect. Please keep adding chapters and I don't care if they are here or on any of your other works. I am enjoying them immensely.
faith-hope-and-glory chapter 16 . 6/20
Well. I understand Margaret’s points and also John’s. But the situation at the bar and the Boucher children are quite helpless. We can’t burden the world’s troubles, but what if we witness some? Living in our sphere is sparing us from knowing or experiencing uncomfortables. I don’t know what I’ll do in Margaret’s shoe.
Paralleling John’s early life with the Boucher is very clever. Hannah somewhat helpful here surprised me, but it makes sense. Good read always, thank you!
3marant0 chapter 16 . 6/19
So much action in this one! Truly a delight to read and we got to see so many different characters!
Yay for a new update! Thank you!
I'm glad Mrs Thornton finally apologized and Edith knows about the pregnancy. Can't be too long now for Margaret and John to settle their differences, right?! As always, can't wait to see what happens next :)
Hi! Really enjoying this story! Difficult to translate this into modern day, but I think you got the characterization right! (I do kinda think the age difference is a bit iffy for modern attitudes, especially since she's so young, but it is what it is.) I feel sorry for John in this too, as he must think Margaret in some way felt coerced into marrying him and might be better off without him, but I love me some angst! Keep it up!
mariantoinette1 chapter 16 . 6/17
Sad chapter in the Boucher children lives but luckily they have Mary, Maggie and John.
So good to see Margaret growing up and realizing how her words have the power to hurt John.
Didn’t expect Margaret and Hannah situation to resolve so quickly, will they still move out then?
As always, enjoyed this chapter! I had given up looking so I was surprised when I got the notice in my email. I’m glad Hannah mad the gesture and asked for forgiveness. I’m hoping Margaret sees John’s side and is a little more compassionate towards him. I know you’re busy but can’t wait for the next chapter! :)
Enarak chapter 16 . 6/16
So glad to read you again! This was a truly tough one, but feels like it's helped Margaret and John see things from each others point of view. Can't wait for more!
Carolineonestop chapter 16 . 6/16
Wow an emotional chapter. Hannah at last showing some humanity towards Margaret. Things are looking up between them at last. Great story writing. Thank-you for sharing your talent with us
3marant0 chapter 15 . 5/26
LOL read this chapter 5 times AMAZING WORK DARLING. The interactions are so sweet and woven into the struggles. Best of luck in your new apartment! I know it’s jolting and I appreciate the update :)
faith-hope-and-glory chapter 15 . 5/24
Thank you for updating! Lots of J&M together in this chapter, however struggling. It’s good John taking Fanny’s advice; trying to be charming. Also finding their own flat and moving. They are slowly progressing. I hope Edith won’t call often. Her call really spoils J&M’s happiness. Margaret’s own problems, though. At least I am happy they had some time together here in this chapter.
Carolineonestop chapter 15 . 5/24
Lovely to see another chapter. I like your John and Margarets characters in this story. Stepping on eggshells trying to make their marriage work. Thankyou for sharing
147 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »