Reviews for Lost to the Wind
Popples chapter 7 . 2/16/2004
Don't hurt Kaoru too bad! I'm a sap for Kaoru/Kenshin pairings!
Katala21 chapter 7 . 2/6/2004
Wai! Great story!
Put away the soy sauce and rum - I don't think you'll be needing those anytime soon _
So what happens next? Huh huh huh? I shall now be hanging on your every word!
(Especially if you let me proofread :p)
Nola chapter 5 . 6/28/2003
hm... I almost feel sorry for Sano... almost. :) Good character development. Maybe put a better space between changes in scence like from the Kenshin/Gin conversation to the Kaoru/Sano conversation. Otherwise, keep up the good work and tell Marla that I said good job! :)
hakubaikou chapter 5 . 6/26/2003
Again, I thought some of the people were a little out of character in this, but I have no problem suspending disbelief when a story is so well written in all other regards. Looking forward to the next chapter!
hakubaikou chapter 4 . 6/26/2003
Great chapter!

But I do have to bring up one complaint. This is a matter of personal interpretation, of course, so feel free to disregard this if you'd like. I just have a very difficult time accepting the idea of Kenshin ever taking on a pupil. It goes against everything he believes in, IMHO. You do acknowledge that he finds it ironic, and that he feels more than a bit of guilt about training Gin. But in my mind, I can't imagine any circumstance that would cause him to accept her (or anyone else) as a student. But like I said, that's my personal interpretation of Kenshin's character. Who's to say if I'm right or wrong. It doesn't really matter, I guess.

Otherwise, though, you continue to maintain an excellent standard of quality in this fic. Good job on the geisha research as well. I keep saying this, but it's so nice to see a story written with such care and attention. Okay, on to chapter 5...
hakubaikou chapter 3 . 6/17/2003
So he's a she. One surprise after another. This is a treat. Your original character is, well, original. I like her backstory. She's very fleshed out and real. I initially found it difficult to accept, a female hitokiri in that particular male-dominated era. But the details of Gin's past help make her more believable and acceptable.

And it's good that you give her some weaknesses. Strength and weakness are like light and shadow, imho. You need both for a fully fleshed out character. An OC that is too strong or invincible is, IMHO, really boring.

I also enjoyed watching Kenshin through the eyes of someone who knew him during the Bakumatsu. I liked seeing Gin's reaction to Kaoru and Yahiko's behavior. Yet another reminder that there is far more to the rurouni than meets the eye.

And finally the plot. It's wonderful that there actually is a plot. I see so many stories where one character professes his/her undying love for another... and that's it. No actual story. So it's nice to actually have some events going on, some external happenings, trouble brewing.

Sorry for the longwinded review.

I'm enjoying this. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Kitty Katana chapter 3 . 6/17/2003
I must agree with haku baikou on your wonderful grammar and attention to detail. They improve the story greatly. Your spelling (as far as I saw) was wonderful.

This Gin is a very interesting character. She seems very strong both physically and mentally. It's good to see a guy having a bit of trouble fighting a girl, we're often underestimated.

Anyway, I would love to see more of this story. Oh and by the way, will this have any romance in it? Just wondering, I'm a sucker for fluff. Good luck, cya soon!

Kitty Katana, mistress of the blade
Nola chapter 3 . 6/17/2003
Bad Rae! I didn't get to beta this chapter. Ah, well. Very good, but somewhere there is an "as" that should be a "has"... When Gin is talking about Kaoru about her temper. See ya!
hakubaikou chapter 2 . 6/16/2003
Well, you've definitely got me interested. First off, it's wonderful to see a writer with technical proficiency. Proper grammar and spelling are (unfortunately) kind of rare in most fan fics, and it was a pleasure to read writing that was smooth and flowing like yours.

Two very minor complaints. You have an odd way of spelling some of the terms and names. Shishio comes to mind. And seeing Kenshin swear was a bit jarring. I can see you doing it for comic effect, but it really seemed out of character for him to say it out loud.

Very interesting premise you have here. I liked the interaction between Saito and the hitokiri. I liked Saito's thoughts about whether or not he should tell the man of Kenshin's whereabouts, and I really liked the bit about variety being the spice of life. It seemed quite in character for Saito to do that.

I'm also intrigued by this Gin character. Interesting introduction of him. I liked the fact that he seems innocent and yet is very menacing. Reminds me of Soujirou. I really liked Kenshin's response to Gin when Gin reveals himself. That was definitely unexpected, and it piqued my interest.

I hope you keep working on this. I'm looking forward to finding out more about your characters. This is very good so far. I've enjoyed reading it.
Goddess of the Moonlit Sky chapter 2 . 6/15/2003
It's really good. Keep going.