Reviews for Upon the White Shores
Hawaiichick chapter 6 . 2/4
So happy you added another chapter to this story and very happy it has my favorite duo, Legolas and Gimli in it. But ah! Such a heartbreaking and bitter sweet one. The thought that they are now forever separated is not a world where I want to be in. You did such a beautiful job portraying those last few moments and that last adventure together. When Legolas said, “Side-by-side with a friend,” that just had me in tears.
Paul Lenzen chapter 6 . 2/1
This chapter made me cry like a baby
kathawk chapter 6 . 1/17
Such a lovely chapter. Thank you.
OneWhoReadsTooMuch chapter 6 . 1/16
Well I wasn't expecting to be hit in the feels but damn this hit hard in a good way.
Ellynn chapter 6 . 1/16
The fact that I really don't like omniscient POV and that I love this chapter tells just how wonderful this is.
Kiriari chapter 6 . 1/15
When I realized this is what updated - what a great surprise to see today! I love this very much, it's almost bittersweet there at the end but I'm so glad to have gotten this whole reunion and the essence of their friendship 3 Thank you!
Your OCs and their stories are dear to my heart
PadfootCc chapter 6 . 1/15
And now I'm sobbing. This was beautiful!
Guest chapter 5 . 10/13/2023
Please Epilachna, I love your stories, upload more chapters. I’ve been rereading skindeep and this one so many times since you uploaded the first chapter since 2014. I remembered rereading every chapter while waiting for the new upload each week, then once every two weeks then once a month. Those are good times. Thranduil stories are the ones I come back to read most often. I have missed you and your stories. Wish you beautiful day.
shoppe69 chapter 5 . 2/25/2023
Mark the Scientist chapter 4 . 6/5/2022
Very nicely written, thanks!
Mark the Scientist chapter 2 . 6/5/2022
Nice to see Haldir find someone. I was not very satisfied with the film version of the character, seems like they made him kind of unpleasant versus just stern and serious, for no particular reason.
Mark the Scientist chapter 1 . 6/5/2022
A nice vignette, realisation of the elvish process of reincarnation. Thanks!
laurelith chapter 4 . 2/22/2022
as I read Skin Deep first, I thought the elves of Greenwood's actions were understandable. Not justified, for sure, but understandable. This put a satisfying end to the tale.
darcy.notar chapter 5 . 10/21/2021
Oh, how I absolutely LOVE these two! So perfect! I'm glad to have found this post. All of these are great tales! Thank you, so, so much!
kellyhorse chapter 5 . 10/17/2021
Damn straight.
After finishing my first of your stories (skin deep) I wasn’t sure what I was feeling, or how to write both my praise and unhappiness. I don’t recall the last time I’ve felt so much for a character- angst isn’t my genre of choice. And I think for that reason I was (am) unable to put into words how moved I was by your story. So I put off a review while I read the next story in the saga. And the next. And the next (btw I think you’ve made Maglor my favorite character in Tolkien lore)…. I still keep thinking about two lines- thranduil talking about Eöl, and maglor saying he wants to confront those he’s hurt so they can be set free and the response “them, or you?”. Wow. Those are big.
Still processing them all, I think, but I do want to move on to you’re other book/movie pieces, so I’ll sum it up with wow, those were great.
And I’m glad I get my happy endings now ;)