Reviews for Goosebumps: Kids vs Monsters
SideshowJazz1 chapter 28 . 5/31
I'm glad the Summoner helped. The Vampire Breath Monthly was pretty good. Also, this was a relaxing read. I just bought a Spanish book and I'm trying to read it. After you've tried to read a language you're not fluent in, this is so much easier.
Ugh, Dr Gray really annoys me. He never does anything good, and I agree with everyone else - Hannah is definitely easier company.
JadedJanine chapter 1 . 5/25
Wade Brill is trans. I'm both shocked and happy to see a trans character in a goosebumps fic. I'm rooting for her, go Wade!
SideshowJazz1 chapter 27 . 5/23
I am pro-Goosebumps supporting diversity. Someone pointed out that Goosebumps was very white. I heard that there may have been mixed-race kids and Egyptians, but my go-to for an African-American character was always Briana, and she's a bit stereotypical at least in appearance (she's described as the girl with cornrows before her name is known). I just want to see Wade's family react to her new voice and hair. Will they even recognize her?
I once saw this video on YouTube, you know, Reddit stories, where one story had a Karen tell a manager to fire this twelve-year-old who didn't work there at all because her voice was too deep and raspy. The twelve-year-old had been nice and friendly and helpful when she didn't even work there, but no, "She's scaring my kid, so she shouldn't work here!" There's other stories similar, but that's pretty terrible. There was also a woman who expected a girl to take her top off because it was blue and "It's confusing my son". Well, she said "change your top", but what did she expect? No one said to her "I don't have another top. Do you expect me to show your son my bra?" Reminds me a bit of Wade.
I'm a little bit worried about Margaret and Casey. They need to be careful of everything in the Fun Zone.
Sarah Sims chapter 27 . 5/22
Cole and Crystal, I was wondering when we'd hear from them again; at the very least, they should tell people about their experience with her, and her "policy". After all, it'd be the POLITE thing to do, wouldn't it?
jcray73 chapter 27 . 5/22
Oh the scene with Wade and Clarissa put a huge smile on my face. There’s something so cathartic about seeing Wade being treated kindly by a better and nicer witch who truly WANTS to help her. Lovely scene, great chapter.
SideshowJazz1 chapter 26 . 5/20
Well, to be fair, Vanessa's actions had surprising motives. I mean, seriously, slow animorphs for kids who forgot to apologise for something? I'm not that surprised that she wants to redeem herself, especially after meeting a witch whose acts causing harm are from incompetence rather than spite and her motive was actually returning a kindness. Witches can do all sorts of good things aside the evil ones, right?
I don't remember Mrs Eakins, or Officer Rawls, for that matter. Where are they from?
jcray73 chapter 26 . 5/20
Loved the inclusion of Mary-Ellen and the scene with her and Slappy. Another great chapter!
Sarah Sims chapter 25 . 5/12
I love Holly Jolly Holiday, that's one of my ever most favorite stories!
SideshowJazz1 chapter 25 . 5/11
That's a TON of new things to hear. Guess Petey has the same strange urge Fifi had in the original book. I remember finding Petey irritating, but I was still spooked when he was killed. Wait...if he was undead, shouldn't he still be undead? And burned down with the rest of Dark Falls - or maybe someone saved him? I don't know...
These kids can't catch a break. I don't know what to make of Zoe here, because some storylines make her sympathetic (the ones where she keeps morphing from rat to human and needs rat saliva, but can turn the kids back to humans afterwards and then sends them home), but other ones mention getting grated into Switch Cheese or made another rat soldier. Then there's the Games section which is entirely different (Zoe shows up, but disappears as soon as you play the Games section).
If only they knew the way to destroy the Grool...but who wants to kill it with kindness when they're not feeling kind to anyone?
A black ring might make you do evil things... but a black heart is the evil thing, I guess. I have no idea what Tara's going to grow up to be, but I get the feeling she's going to be that Karen that calls the police and makes up lies about assault. Michael will be lucky if Tara doesn't say anything that lands him in juvie for something he didn't do.
jcray73 chapter 25 . 5/11
I actually really like how well you’re balancing the characters and having them have such good chemistry. Also even though it was small, I loved the part with Wade.
JadedJanine chapter 24 . 5/9
Not sure if this was on purpose but i noticed you had Della and Sarah talk about Mr. Toggle twice in the same conversation. Anyway still a good chapter just figured you'd want to know
SideshowJazz1 chapter 24 . 5/6
Yep, I am VERY happy that Hannah's appeared. I hope you do have Ghost Camp in there. You don't have to add all the counsellors and/or campers you know of. Probably most people will expect Lucy to be in there, though, since she was the one that went for Harry orignally.
My favourite part is the fact that Conan's just inadvertently taken his punching bag's body. How's that for bullying? And he's going to really have to figure out how to act right so that no one suspects.
osbeck chapter 23 . 4/15
You are right, this was long to read... Really important stuff happening, would have separated some of those... So, in order

Nice to see that The protagonist-centered morality is acknowledged! It's honestly a massive plot hole of what happened to the real commander. Ricky is a spy, nice )

The Sarah plotline is advancing, really loves how you write grief, so realist and yet so much melodrama... It might be my favorite storyline despite me not being a big fan of the slappy books. Piano lessons was one of my first goosebumps books, always preferred the most gritty ones as a child, so I guess it help.

One more book/episode unto the mix... Oh, that darn camera. No one will miss those people though, so why worry?

Vanessa is showing a nice side, against all odds. Her motives make senses for an anti*villain, honestly, but her actions are just so awful... great to see her being nicer. Bim was a surprise to see. Clarissa, you are one complex mess. Love you.

Awww, the Della and Sarah mend-up! Would have not put it between two big things, but there were the previous chapter cliffhanger, if I remember correctly. Still, rezally felt like it was one of the long storyline we would get, and it seems to be maybe the first to close up. Hope we get more surprises

Conan?! Was expecting him to not reappear! Wow, no more dark falls, huh. Guess it's comptson and maybe Ray and Karen... Three most important? Okay, guess those three...

Did I miss a Slappy show scene? Kidnapping off-screen seems unlikely, but I wondered if I missed something. Guees this is why I don't enjoy long stories: I have spotty memory. Poor Dan. But there are so many characters. Yeah, MORE GRIEF (melodramatic voice) UHHHH... Jared is dead? Oh boy, I'm already forgetting that stuff! Got to re-read a few chapters I guess.
SideshowJazz1 chapter 23 . 4/9
Poor Dan. I suspected what the Snatcher was going to say since she's already done it once.
I ADORED the friendship conversation between Sarah and Della. Seems like Della is showing off her fun side (she did that a little in the books and I wanted to see more).
House of No Return...I guess the camera pulled a Shari with the photo not showing the ghosts. Those kids aren't very nice, but maybe this will make them better people instead of trying to force other people to do stupid dares.
JadedJanine chapter 23 . 4/9
Night of a Thousand Claws is a Give Yourself Goosebumps, and not one of the more well known ones, closer to the middle of that series, but definitely worth a read if you can find a copy and really like reading about cats. Vanessa isn't all bad it seems. In fact she was downright helpful and kind, for a second anyway. And Clarissa finally succeeded AND had a laugh in the process.
This story just keeps getting cooler.