Reviews for Hit the Ground Running
mokona chapter 8 . 10/4/2003
Is this going to turn into some kind of romance?

Zel/Lina couplings are some of my favorite.
Karris chapter 8 . 9/27/2003
M, a delicious chapter, and thankfully not the last. You had me worried there! Oh, and what a great battle. Certain anatomical details (what would've happened to Rezo had the first bolt hit, the tendons in his wrist)added a special greatness for me. Magic of course played the dominant role in the fight, but there was an earthly edge that I thought was excellent.

Also, I liked the mention of the Mazoku and golem elements having a presence in Zel's psyche. It gives insight into his experience of inhumanity and makes the chimera affliciton more grave than simply a change in appearance. Zel's account of what it had been like just after the transformation truly made me cringe.

And now, my mind begs the question, "What next?" Continue the plot based somewhat loosely on the Slayers storyline? (Personally, I wouldn't want to limit your vision to some timeline with villains set in stone.) Search the likes of Africa, Asia, or (dare I suggest) America for a cure for Zelgadis? Whatever path you choose, I know that it will be executed with the same quality and ingenuity that you've graced us with.
ZoieLark chapter 8 . 9/26/2003
Oh! I hope this isn't the end. This is the one fic that I look forward to every time I come to . It's, dare I say it, one of the best stories that I've ever read! It has all the elements that I love: action/adventure, humor, a bit of suspense, an incline toward L/Z. . . I also love that it's smart and quick-witted; the banter between Zel and Lina, whether it be verbal or physical, is awesome and fun to read.

I can't wait for your next chapter.
Absentia chapter 8 . 9/24/2003
Gah, you had better NOT end this here! This so happens to be one of my very favorite Slayers fics, and I am a hell of a tough critic (I can be very much the bitch should I so deign), so don't you dare think of stopping this in the lurch! *shakes a fuzzy pink slipper* I'm warning you!

*deep breath, Evil Amazon Bitch face slowly replaced by a calm, unassuming smile* Now that that's over with, onto the more impotant matters.

As usual, that was a wonderful chapter with beautiful description, detail, and plot attention. I very much enjoyed the intertwined action/battle scene; it was vivid and realistic (as realistic as one can get within such parameters, anyways) and a wonderful read. Everyone was delightfully in character, per usual. As for the liberties taken with the Philosopher's Stone and other thaumaturgocal matters, fret not. I enjoyed each little twist, and details are actually quite completely left to the mercy of us authors, because it's not as though they go into terrifically deep or explanatory discussions within the series. And, again, your leaps and theories were entirely plausible and very well thought-out. It's about time somebody tried explaining the whole matter, after all. God knows I've not dared to test those waters. ;p Another thing, I absolutely adore the length of your chapters. I love to read stories where chapters are more than a few short pages; it somehow adds more and speaks more highly of an author's cailbre and experience, or at leats it does in my opinion. (Not that that's wortt a sixpence, but, eh, whatever) Please do keep it up. Also, thank you very much for the expedient update! I know better than to come to expext such speed regularly, but it was certainly a nice treat. :) I hope you are able to get out another chapter soon enough, because I highly doubt I'm the only reader glued to the edge of her seat.

A question. In your summary, you say that this has Z/L bias... however, is that bias simply alluded to in this fic, or will it actually brought to light? I understand that such things cannot be rushed or counted upon but, may I be damned, I'm rather a hopeless romantic at heart, however callous I may come off as. ;p I won't pester you about fluff or anything of the sort, and I wouldn't want you to do something you weren't wanting to just for the sake of a reader's request. Just wondering is all.

And finally, but not least noteworthy, a hearty thanks to PKNight for betaing this story, because without you, us poor, pathetically strung out addicts- er, readers, would never get an update. Keep up the good work and prod our dear Xue into updating more often, eh? ;p Lol, j/k.

Well, with that disgracefully long piece said and done, Ja ne!

Nyxie
Kuraimakkusu chapter 8 . 9/23/2003
This story just keeps getting better and better! I'm glad you are going to keep writing because I'm addicted now, thank you. lol
Zen chapter 8 . 9/23/2003
Wow! This is so interesting and well writen. It makes me kind of jelouse! I love the Lina and Zel pairing, and even though there's no romance in this (so far...), I just love how they interact. Anyway, I can't wait for the next update, type away!
deleria chapter 8 . 9/23/2003
I'm really glad to hear that this isn't the end. The chapter ended so nicely that I was a little worried.

The fight scene was well done. You didn't overwhelm us with details and you didn't totally ignore the conflict, either.

The way Zel opened up to Lina and the way she responded (and then says, "Let's be friends.") was excellent.

I'm totally digging this fic, Xue. You never disappoint. Kudos, kudos, kudos!

_
Ysengrinn chapter 3 . 9/19/2003
Not bad. Sorry I'm too tired to write something more constructive_.
Kuraimakkusu chapter 7 . 9/15/2003
This story just keeps getting better and better! I really like that you have captured Lina and Zel's characters while using a whole new universe for them to explore. Bravo!
Gentle Murmur chapter 7 . 9/15/2003
Update soon! I think you're magical theories are so interesting. Will this have real romance in it? Meep?
deleria chapter 7 . 9/14/2003
Awesome chapter, Xue! I think this one is my current favorite. Lots of Zel/Lina interaction, and it was meaningful, too. You're doing a great job with the chemistry between them.

And the way you characterized Zel's angst and Lina's optimism... PERFECT!

The whole magic discussion between them was a bit over my head, but the motivation behind that discussion was very satisfying. I like seeing Lina reach out to Zel like that. Zel is too intellectual to be pulled out of a funk by having a heart-to-heart chat. Lina understood that.

And it was nice to see Zel recognize Lina as a friend, thinking he would miss her, etc.

Dude. This fic is excellent. You should be getting way more reviews than this. You know that, don't you? I'm honestly surprised you haven't gotten *more* reviews...

Anyway, I hope that next chapter is coming along for you because I can't wait to read it!

-del
Crimson FyrLite chapter 7 . 9/14/2003
Another great chapter! I'm so thrilled every time I see that you've updated. It really does give me pleasure for the rest of the day! I hope to see more ASAP.

Till whenever,

CFL
Karris chapter 7 . 9/14/2003
Woot! This was a tremendous chapter, possibly my favorite yet. I could blabber on forever about what I liked, but I'll just point out a few of the things that struck me the most. There's definitely something special your interactions between Zel and Lina. Not only do you capture the essence of each character, but you're then able to throw their egos together in awe-inspiring smatters of dialogue. You do a great job of setting the location and mood. I can just feel the rain drops on those drizzly London streets. Oh, and I happened to really like the magical theory segment. I found it to be cool and interesting, and most importantly, it shows that you have an excellent concept of how magic works in the Slayers world, which opens the door for further creativity.
deleria chapter 6 . 9/8/2003
Sorry it took me so long to give you a review of this fic. Real life sucks up far too much of my leisure time!

Anyway...

Awesome chapter. The interaction between Zel and Lina is very entertaining. I think you're doing a great job keeping them in-character. They've got good chemistry... I can dig it...

_

So, how's that next chapter coming? You were just about to post it, right?

~_

(I can dream...)
ZoieLark chapter 6 . 8/30/2003
I always enjoy your story whenever I read it. Thank you for writing another great chapter.
67 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »