Reviews for Hit the Ground Running
mokona chapter 6 . 8/29/2003
Good! Good! I hope you will continue updating. I certainly enjoy reading your story.
Karris chapter 6 . 8/28/2003
Thank you Xue for yet another thoroughly enjoyable chapter, and thanks PKNight for making this possible. To state it simply, this story does everything right. That's very rare. Your fic is a diamond in the rough.

In this chapter, besides the usual quality that I've come to take for granted, I especially liked how Lina and Zel's quest branched out from the main goal. To have a better chance against Rezo, they decide to meet the alchemist. To placate the alchemist, they have to pull a heist. Scenarios like this add a depth to the plot that I love. Also, they make an eventual conclusion all the more satisfying.

Superb work. I'll be back for more.
Gentle Murmur chapter 6 . 8/28/2003
Yea! I get home from vacation, and there's a new chapter waiting for me! I'm so happy! This is great, by the way. Ha ha, much better than I could write!
Filia chapter 1 . 8/28/2003
I'm really enjoying this story! I especially like "the cafe Lina regularly victimized for her breakfast." You write with a humorous flair and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the story. :D
PKNight chapter 5 . 8/13/2003
This is only the third multi-chapter Slayers story I've read, but I'm really, really glad I picked this one. It's very cool, and after reading the second one, I appreciate beyond your comprehension your attention to grammar and spelling...and even basic sentence structures.

I would happily offer my services as a beta. I have nothing to do for the next week and a half, so I've got the time to do it, too. My e-mail address is at my author page. If you're interested, drop me a line.

Great story, though. Very interested to see if you're going to have cameos for the rest of the Slayers, or if that Amelia thing was a one-shot deal. Though it was perfect to have her ranting about Justice and Love and all that and be the Guard Captain's daughter. I can't wait to see what else you've got planned for this story.
Karris chapter 5 . 7/24/2003
Wow. After weeks on vacation without access to a computer (*sob*), I arrived home and eagerly scanned to see what had become of my favorite fic. Jubilation! Two marvelous chapters awaited me.

And marvelous they were. It's safe to say that you've mastered the English language; that fact is evident each time I read one of your beautifully detailed paragraphs or colorful metaphors. And best of all, I can count on laughing every chapter at your witticisms and great humor. I'd give you the Pulitzer for circular logic! Zel and Lina are also very well done. None of that mushy stuff from the start. You're taking the time to form a bond between the two, albeit quite a violent and sardonic one (what could be better?).

My only regret is the delay for the next chapter, but perfection is worth waiting for. Oh, and no need to be so modest. You're a great writer! Admit it! I'm just glad to see your story getting the respect it deserves.
Kore chapter 1 . 7/22/2003
Hi Xue!

I only have read the first chapter of your fanfic but I'm totally hooked now! It doesn't seem strange that people love so much your story (I've seen it at reviews). I like too so much your way of describing, your character speaking, your cynical and smart sense of humor. I really love it! I continue reading it and submiting reviews (or at least I'll ty it with my poor english) You are really good at this!

I'm glad you like my Harry Potter Hr/R/Dr too!

1 beset!

ZoieLark chapter 5 . 7/22/2003
Dear Xue,

I've gotta tell you, every time I see that this story is updated, I jump around in glee. I mean, you're writing style, characterization, and ideas are just so great...it's rather indescribable. Seriously, I'm near the point of pissing my pants with excitement every time I read this tale. Sad to hear that it'll be a while till you update, but I'll wait. Everything that's good always takes a while, and I'm very patient when I need to be.

Till your next chapter,

Sarie

aka Fyre :)
deleria chapter 5 . 7/21/2003
Do you have any idea how depressing your author's note is at the end of this chapter? Who is your beta writer? Who can we collectively nag here?

~_

I'm kidding.

Well... sort of.

I'm kidding about nagging your beta reader, but I'm *not* kidding about how depressing your AN is.

I totally appreciate the fact that you care enough about your readers to have your chapters beta checked. I really do. I just can't help but to be feel impatient. I really dig this story and I look forward to each update. That said, I'm hoping you have chapter seven and maybe eight written, too? (dare to dream, right?)

Anyway, kudos for another awesome chapter!
Phoenix Flame3 chapter 5 . 7/21/2003
Wow, this is really good, especially for an A/U. A lot of people can't pull off A/U's well, but you can. I hope the next chapter is beta-ed quickly.

Phoenix
ZoieLark chapter 4 . 7/12/2003
Oh man! I can't get enough of your story! I love it so freakin much! I'm so addicted to it, right now! I love your style of writing, the characterization, the verbal sparring! Everything is great!
Absentia chapter 4 . 7/8/2003
Yo. Very nice. *grins* In character, well written, loving the plot development, and the angst level is doing fine. Keep it up, and please update soon. And (shameless plug) if you ever feel like READING a Slayers fanfic, I have one! Lol, ok, I'll quit now. Good luck!
Sarie chapter 3 . 6/29/2003
Wow! This story kicks some major arse! I love it so much and the way they are characterized is really great! You have a wonderful imagination and i can't wait for the next chapter!
Lyn Archer chapter 3 . 6/26/2003
Coolness! I love your story!
Ukchana chapter 3 . 6/26/2003
Arg! I really love it, the previous review that said how refreshing a change of scene is was right, it's really great. But the chapters are so short! I am definitely looking forward to reading more. Your writing is good, you have great grammar which is a must, and the characters are very IC in my opinion.

Hope to see more . . .