Reviews for A Fair Trade
Orion9 chapter 12 . 7/22/2003
Yay! Another excellent piece! Finally! A chance to R&R. I've been meaning to do so a while now but something always manages to get in the way. Really enjoyed it! Thank you for yet another great story!
Sue chapter 12 . 7/13/2003
Very nice, Kitty! I had a smile on my face by the end of the epilogue and a few previous ones also while reading your last chapter.

Well they were apprehended once again, so to speak if only in Trip's delirium. Sneaky, but smart idea! :)

My only problem with the chapter was Johnson subduing Trip by shooting him with a phaser. I believe T-pol did this to Trip in "Strange New World", but I think that was only under orders from Archer and due to dire circumstances. I don't see a subordinate coming to such a decision on his own, but Johnson's explanation at the end to Reed and then Reed's disbelief that the crewman would take it into his head to carry his instructions to that extreme was indeed an enjoyable part of the story. So all and all I thought it was a little far fetched, but it made me laugh. Good work!

One of my favorite lines was:

"Murphy secretly harboured the feeling that the Vulcan science officer was a she-devil, anyway, so the fact that she seemed able to see in the dark only added conviction to his beliefs."

Lol! Your writing has such a lightheartedness to it and though the characters might be surrounded by serious circumstances, you manage to keep the reader smiling.

I'm glad you did a full circle and ended your story back with the chess tournament. I'm wondering if the Enterprise will encounter Goff again since he was not captured. I have a sneaking suspicion that they will and I'm looking forward to it if they do and what other stories you will write. Thanks for the great read!
Keleshnar chapter 12 . 7/10/2003
I like the ending a lot - Trip definetly would be pestering Phlox to let him out earlier than he should be. The conversation with Johnson and Reed after Trip had been stunning was funny :) This story was a very enjoyable read.

Kee
tracy chapter 12 . 7/9/2003
glad to finally get the rest of the story...

initiative huh! very good!

only complaint is you wrapped it up to fast... would have liked to see a bit more Trip angst... and the report to the captain ... and of course Trip finding out!
plumtuckered chapter 12 . 7/9/2003
Another great one, kitty! I hope you have other plots floating around in your mind 'cause I always enjoy your stories! Thank you!
Sue chapter 11 . 7/8/2003
Apprehended? Was this some sort of foreshadowing of what's to come? :) Exciting chapter, kitty! Poor Trip, however! He's now survived not one, but two crash landings. I'm not sure he could take a third or whatever else you have in store for him, but I'm very willing to find out! :) Looking forward to more.
TracyTheCubedNag chapter 11 . 7/6/2003
Very cool. Love the dialogue between Trip and T'Pol and Malcolm.
Daria chapter 11 . 7/6/2003
I've enjoyed the excitement of this one- and you've left me hanging AGAIN. I did think the vehicle being right across the street, unattended, and easily started (in Chap 10) was a little "deux ex machina" (I think that's the right phase), but the line about it being rude to NOT borrow it, since it had been so conveniently left for them about made up for it. Next chapter, please.
Dolly chapter 11 . 7/6/2003
Very kewl! Glad you updated so soon! Upsate sooner! Please!
Sue chapter 10 . 7/4/2003
Oh! A high speed chase! Very exciting! Good work, kitty! You made me smile with T-pol's thoughts that wherever the Commander was and if trouble was surrounding him, there were usually alien females there too. Lol! Also I liked your line about satellite TV and your allusion to old time westerns. Very good! You did an excellent job writing Malcolm this chapter especially the part about him not caring whether his phaser was set on stun or not . Looking forward to more as always! :)
kas chapter 10 . 7/3/2003
plz carry on
asd chapter 10 . 7/3/2003
That was really good. I can't believe I never read this story before. That' comment of Trip's, that was hilarious, and I love how you describe everything but don't make it boring. I feel so bad for him! Please tell me they get off the planet safely, PLEASE!
invisigoth chapter 10 . 7/3/2003
Looking forward to the next, Thanks for being so quick to post your chapters. I never expected another one so soon!
kas chapter 9 . 7/2/2003
plz carry on.

plz

the waiting is killing me

plz
Bek chapter 9 . 7/2/2003
Aw come on ! This is agony! Please let's have some rescue here LOL Don't get me wrong - I love Trip torture, I can't wait for the rescue! Write swiftly!