Reviews for First Fourth
DraejonSoul chapter 1 . 3/11
This was lovely, and the ending is just perfect. I loved the potential of Careese in the show, but unfortunately, that fell through. I'm glad to find Joss and John's stories like these, so thank you for writing this.
magensby chapter 1 . 3/9
More Joss and John is always a good read. Thnx.
odalys-ortiz chapter 1 . 3/9
So much swooning and lots of awws for this story. Loved it so much :D
Phoenixinfinity chapter 1 . 2/26
Very nice, as always!
Lady Sundiver chapter 1 . 2/22
WOW.

It is fabulous to see a work of yours on the boards again. What a sense-tingling declaration of love between John and Joss. Better than fireworks!
Rielle chapter 1 . 2/22
Beautifully written! Excellent job, and really deep emotions! Thank you for sharing yet an amazing story with your readers! Kindest regards!
POIphantomgirl chapter 1 . 2/20
The start of this story had me. I can't imagine what soldiers experience during July 4th. What are sounds of celebration for so many can be sounds that trigger bad memories for others. But I love how this connection brings the three of them, yes the three of them closer together.
Bear is so loyal even in his love for Joss. Like master, like dog. Joss lightens up both their lives. Oh and the part where John finally admitted the fireworks bother him too. That went to my heart. He needs someone to be vulnerable with like this and Joss can handle it. Truly they are their own therapy group.

HA! John caught Joss trying to ask him out on a date.

"To do it right... and to use both hands this time." This was so cute.
"I don't want to wait for you to get through all of this alone. I want to be there." John is such a giving person. These two need each other so much, and I'm glad they can get the support they need from each other. Thanks for sharing this.
TheNextPage chapter 1 . 2/18
I love your writing so much...
And these too. CaReese forever right 3
nicdvidmaker chapter 1 . 2/17
This was well worth the wait! So beautifully written. You haven’t missed a beat. It’s nice to read a story and realize you’ve been smiling the whole time. I loved to see their willingness to be vulnerable with each other. Their willingness to lower their guard and be open with each other. I really enjoyed this. Thank you wolfmusic218!
PiscesChikk chapter 1 . 2/17
This was worth the wait, hon.

It hit me deep in the feels in a way I can't describe. It was a very quiet moment, but the connection was powerful. I like that this was them basically just finding their way together after both being uneasy about the day and the memories it conjured up.

Their trauma gave place for a new beginning, something they had both wanted for a long time.

Great job. Amazing.
SWWoman chapter 1 . 2/17
Tis was sooooooo good!

"I don't want to wait for you to get through all of this alone. I want to be there." Nice callback to the show where being alone was a constant theme. They have each other now!
TennWalker chapter 1 . 2/17
This was sweet and adorable. One of my new favorites! Thanks for sharing.
jakela chapter 1 . 2/17
“I want to be there. When you wake up from a nightmare. When you need a punching bag or someone to hold you. I want to be the person you turn to for those things. I want to be the one you wake up to and go to bed with…I’m all in.” - Reese stating his vows right there...that whooshing sound you heard was me swooning!

"I was tired of fighting it. My demons, my fears, my feelings. I'm tired of living w/out you." - This was an excellent callback to their meeting in the ep Legacy when Reese told Joss that he was tired of her chasing him. - He wasn't, he wanted more from her, even if he didn't know/couldn't admit exactly what he wanted then, he just knew that he needed it, needed her.

This was beautifully balanced - their friendship and their love for each other. Great job!
iheartShules chapter 1 . 2/17
This was wonderful. I am immersed in my Careese feels thanks to this. I do so love when they finally pledge their love to each other. *happy sigh*

Thank you for the lovely story.
impvme chapter 1 . 2/17
Awww. I like this so much. Glad John made the first move and that Joss was ready to make the next. As always, looking forward to your next one.