Reviews for The Other
Antivika chapter 6 . 8/18/2004
Amazing story! I absolutly love werewolves, even more than vampires! _ There really needs to be more Merry and Pippin horrors out there, ya know?
Melime chapter 6 . 10/16/2003
Oh, thank goodness! Like all good stories, your's had an unforeseen solution. Thank you! This was excellent!
Melime chapter 5 . 10/16/2003
Wow, I was actually right! Merry was a...would it rightly be called a werewolf?

Oh no, are they really going to kill him?

I love how Sam believed Pippin so readily. Such trust they have between each other, I love it.

Rosie...what a smart lass!

The last chapter ends all. *Shudders in anticipation*
Melime chapter 4 . 10/16/2003
Poor poor poor Merry's parents...

How terribly sad. But how clever of you to have come up with this! It's a magnificent horror story. I can't wait to finish it.
Melime chapter 3 . 10/16/2003
This chapter is very odd. Definitly it falls under the "horror" category.

Wolf again...and Merry with no sleep. Hm.

What does Saradoc know that Pippin doesn't?

Off to read more!

Cheers!
Melime chapter 2 . 10/16/2003
Hm. Sting is there, as it was in the first chapter. I spy a commen thread!

Aragorn will be here too? Hm, again.

Elbereth help Pippin! I do believe that he has picked up some expressions from his time among elves.

Interesting how very well Pippin can read Merry's moods.

The Wagging Dog? I almost spit out my water when I read that! Who came up with that?

I wonder why Merry felt better after the beers...or was it the storm that cleared his head? And why does he have a bruise?

A wolf? That part at the end threw me. Werewolves, perhaps? Guess that I'll just have to keep reading!
Melime chapter 1 . 10/16/2003
Also, Miriel, from SoA.

This is really interesting. Although it caused me pain when you went in for the flashback (no! I want to know what is happening now!) I quickly became enthralled with it and was then disappointed when I was brought back to the present!

I'd ask why they're in the woods, but I'm sure that will soon be answered.

What on earth can be happening to Merry? And why, why would his beloved Pippin want to kill him? (That statement was quite an attention-getter!)

AS for distinguishing between the two of you, I must take up the same plea as Frodo. "I am not going to try and guess," said Frodo smiling.

As do I.
jodancingtree chapter 6 . 8/4/2003
Wow! If it was a book, it'd be a "page-turner" - I couldn't stop reading, once I'd begun! Very well done - such an au premise, and yet everyone perfectly in character - Brava!
runaround chapter 5 . 7/24/2003
" 'It's not far from the High Hay, but in a place the Bucklanders don't go very often. He says he can climb over the Hedge, he's done it before... now there's a story I'd like to hear... and meet us there for the waxing of the February moon.'"

I'd like to hear that story too...
MistressHolbytla chapter 6 . 7/12/2003
Amazing! I never could have thought of that! ;-) It was a great story. I'm adding it to my fav's! You have beautiful writing, and that's a real compliment! Thanks for the pleasure of reading this! I do hope you do another chapter or at least an epilogue. It's too intriguing to be over! ;-)
Unhobbity Hobbit chapter 6 . 6/27/2003
Nearly, oh so nearly a sad ending, but it was saved from the depths of sadness in the nick of time. My gratitude to the one Mr. Aragorn, and of course to you two for writing it.

Merci Beaucoup.
Hai chapter 6 . 6/25/2003
That was extremely tense! I did enjoy it though. I liked how you kind of mixed up the past and what was actually going on together, very cool. Thank you for such an exciting read!
Pansy Chubb chapter 6 . 6/23/2003
Pippin sure has a lot of guts and determination. Aragorn plain lucked out with that one hobbit. Merry saved in the knick of time; a little too close for comfort.
Aemilia Rose chapter 6 . 6/23/2003
Yay! Happy ending!

I was worried there for a moment you know.
Xena chapter 6 . 6/21/2003
*sighs with relief* Oh, thank goodness Aragorn arrived in time! In both cases. I knew there had to be a cure! At least Aragorn convinced Pippin to wait to do his business... I can't believe it, Aragorn got caught by the shirriffs? That's quite comical, although I don't think he looked at it quite in that light. The hobbit that let Aragorn go is such a hero, although he probably doesn't realize it. I didn't think Aragorn was going to make it, I was wincing as Pippin was ready to deliver his blow. Yay, Merry's free! That's such a huge relief.. I loved this chapter, very exciting and eventful, made me feel the urgentness. Wonderfully done! :P