Reviews for Fish
igeisha chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
(I'm sorry, Ash, but this really IS good! And you read yaoi doujinshi anyways so it's not like this matters!)
Uhm... I'm pretty sure you mentioned something about a sequel, except I can't find it anywhere.
buntesLicht chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
This. Is. HILARIOUS! Comparing Kaito to a fish - a fish of all things - was so damn funny I couldn't stop laughing. I loved the dialouge between Kaito and Hakuba about the 'sneaky fish', best part! ;)
Ocean Starfly chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
Cute. I like Hakuba's fish/thief analogy. Not perfect, but hey, he's drunk. Also, "I wanted to catch it, but I didn't want to *catch* it." fits Hakuba so well. There were several brilliant lines in here. Hakuba is an interesting drunk. "I'm drunk, and so I'm not responsible if I do something stupid. It's part of Japanese culture, I read about it." I think I have to look up if that's true.

On a side note, I didn't notice any grammar mistakes.

Keep up the good work!
Peltra chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
No "king of the mushroom people" part?
Starburstia chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
"That fish is sneaky. A sneaky fish. It's swimming rings around the other fish. But do you know what Kuroba?"

"No, what?"

"It's still going to get caught," he said glumly. The alcohol must have really gotten to him, he sounded so sad.

Kaito sighed a little and put a hand on the detective's shoulder. "I don't think you're up to double entendres tonight. I'm not getting caught, and neither is the f-fish. It's purely ornamental. He's going to swim in this canal for the rest of his icky fishy life and make lots of sneaky baby fish."

"No he's not. It's a mathematical fact. Probability. He'll get caught, and then do you know what will happen?"

"What?" asked a long suffering Kaito.

"They'll eat him. Fry him up and eat him with chips."

"Look, no one's gonna eat the fish! They're a tourist attraction! Tame! Look, if you clap their hands they come up to the surface!"

"It IS just like you!"

"Hakuba, the fish is not Kaito Kuroba. The fish is not Kaitou Kid. I am not Kaitou Kid. No one is going to catch, the goddamned fish."

aaaaand this part made me fall off my chair in conniptions. this was. so great.
bobbyneko chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
this is not an atlernate take on the story. They fit hand in hand as i see it.

anyways, i liked this a lot, especially with kaito being the sane one and hakuba being insane. it just works really well for some reason.
Dybael chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
I really love how this and Mad Dogs and Englishmen tie together. The things that get said and the things that get heard... it's really intriguing. I like both stories an awful lot.
Rosslyn chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
This and Mad dogs and Englishmen are my two fav. HakubaxKaito stories, hahaha, it entertained me so much. I wish people writes more! .
goldfishlover73 chapter 1 . 12/20/2004
that was SO funny! with fishie jail and all...i don't like that you made my kaito gay but it being funny was worth it! I hope the japanese custom is not kissing other guys! great story!
sick lil neko chapter 1 . 8/20/2004
cool
Chiharu-chantoo lazy to sign in chapter 1 . 12/24/2003
Well, that was... Awesome, just simply brilliant. It was so cute, especially the part where Habuka admits that he wanted to catch the "fish", so the others don't catch him and hurt it. I adore this story. _
Hikaru R. Kudou chapter 1 . 9/10/2003
Love it! It's really sweet~!

So sorry for the late review - partly because I've stopped reading Meitantei Conan fics for quite some time...Do write more!
Altariel-Jaina chapter 1 . 7/21/2003
loved it!wow!they are such a cute couple!
anonymous spanish girl chapter 1 . 7/15/2003
Really good story. This alternate view of Mad Dog’s and Englishmen blends really well with it. keep up the good work
Jaelle chapter 1 . 7/9/2003
I love this story. My favourite part has got to be Kaito coming to the realisation that Hakuba's not going to put the fish back. "I think you've taken the Kid as fish analogy far enough" - classic.

Of course, one has to wonder if he'll ever point out to Hakuba that taking that fish from the river was technically stealing... :-)