Reviews for Something To Hope For
Talimancer chapter 3 . 8/24
I like this story, I hope you continue writing it :) I love finding a good writer on here, I'm now going through your stories and enjoying them a lot
imn0tahick chapter 3 . 6/30
I know it's been a few months, but I really hope that this isn't abandoned. It's definitely a really good start, I love the way you've portrayed Astoria, and I'm really interested to see how you move Daphne from the overprotective sister to having any sort of interest in Harry.
Necroknight 303 chapter 3 . 6/15
Very interesting premise, and I'm interested to see what come of this story, should it be updated again.
stevem1 chapter 3 . 5/19
This is a brilliant start to a story. I hope the author sticks with it.
stevem1 chapter 2 . 5/19
Astoria is a brilliant character.
saltysherd chapter 3 . 4/29
This is a great premise and a great start to a story, I hope you do keep on updating it! You've managed to set up a few very interesting plotlines in those three first chapters, ones that truly make us wanting more. You have a great style as well, both for descriptions and dialogues. Can't wait for the rest!
premier213 chapter 3 . 3/30
This is just amazing. I can't wait for the next chapter.
HammerSteel chapter 3 . 3/28
I honestly hope in this fic that Harry gets some kind of justice regarding almost everyone hating him. I can't remember reading a story where the ministry actually apologizes for their treatment of him. Especially in this fic where it seems like the hate and slander has been turned up to 10. Anyways, Love the story and I hope the next chapter comes out soon.
This is a paradox chapter 3 . 3/27
A really novel and interesting take, I look forward to more!
Kit Willow chapter 3 . 3/26
This is quite good, I love the flow of the story
WiseSilver chapter 3 . 3/26
I definitely find this story interesting.
I enjoy the nihilism here as well as the long term effects of horrific injuries. Though I’m not sure that standard injuries really equate well to the magical world. But it still works because of our idea of long term care overriding the fact magic should replace it.
Honestly I wish this was more “walk to remember” with Harry and Astoria rather then Harry Daphne. Just because they have such good chemistry here.
But if you continue to write, I hope to see where this goes.
Aetemus chapter 3 . 3/26
Quote:'but it seems that you've grown accustomed to a level of care that is unacceptable.'

*Snorts*

Part of the entire HP storyline is people treating HP's feelings, wants or even needs as secondary to whatever 'Professor Dumbledore' would want. The rest is mostly HP slacking off and focusing on Quidditch and other irrelevant things, even when he knew that a maniac was looking to off him permanently.

Andromeda can try any amount of mind healing and psychoanalysis, but nothing will change, until she can find someone who would treat him with basic dignity.

As for the rest, I'm unsure of what is to be expected by crippling Harry to this extent. Canon!HP was already badly matched enough against even the Death Eaters, let alone their boss. But I suppose something will eventually work itself out.
hooplah chapter 3 . 3/22
I thought this was fun.

Also Astoria is right, Harry is horrible at Chess XD I played the notation out on my phone and was wincing pretty hard. Bishop to G6... I think that's a pretty convincing super chess novice moves.
HeartsGlow chapter 3 . 3/21
Harry has, at this point, only been to the Weasleys twice. Before second year he was there just over three weeks. Before fourth year he was there five days. So, about a month total in two visits. Then again, it's the only place he's stayed away from the Dursleys other than Hogwarts, and the bit of time at the Leaky before third year. I can see how hard it is for Harry to believe anything bad about his friends, as they were his first friends ever and to keep them, to believe in them, he wont agree that they have to give him the same thought and consideration that he would for them. Sad. Great story BTW. Will we be seeing what happened to Harry in the graveyard? What about Lupin? Why hasn't he visited?
HeartsGlow chapter 1 . 3/20
I like the start here, wondering why no one has been to see Harry. Why weren't they able to heal everything but the aftereffects of being crucioed when they can re-grow bones in a night?