Reviews for Unstable
Anonny chapter 8 . 11/22/2016
Oh, yeah... and then I got back to thinking Harm was her father...

You going to pay the medical bills for my poor neck? ;-D

(Sorry to post this again but it should have been in chapter 8 not 7, like the comment it follows on from. Love it if you can delete my comment from chapter 7... )
Anonny chapter 7 . 11/22/2016
Oh, yeah... and then I got back to thinking Harm was her father...

You going to pay the medical bills for my poor neck? ;-D
Anonny chapter 8 . 11/22/2016
So complete the investigation! Or else! lol

Well, you certainly had me guessing and double-guessing with the 'how is she connected to Harm' bit - initially I thought perhaps a girlfriend from his Academy days failed to tell him about his daughter, then she's going on about looking for her brother and I'm running through his three parents and working out: 1 dead in Russia, stepfather had an affair? Mother had an affair? If so, did Frank know? Did she give the baby up? Are those really her parents or was she adopted...

Talk about whiplash! :-D
Anonny chapter 2 . 11/22/2016
I see 'Military Angel' picked up on the same thing I did BUT aside from being in a 'strange mood' that day (your words, Military Angel! ;-p ) he/she was also a little 'out there' in another way... a Private isn't an NCO (which stands for Non-Commissioned Officer), a Private is the lowest grade you can be and you have to move up three grades to a Corporal to be an NCO. More info here (remove the spaces and paste into the address bar):
wikipedia wiki / United_States_Marine_Corps # Enlisted

A commissioned officer has an appointment (commission) from the President. They can choose to resign their commission at any time AFTER they meet certain time/other obligations. NCOs and enlisted sign up for a certain period of time (three years is a common time) and at the end of that time, they either sign up for another block of time or say they're leaving. Commissioned officers usually have a university degree before getting their commission.

There are 9 pay 'grades' for Enlisted and a private is classed as the first one - E1. Officers have 'ranks' and their ranks are classed from O1 to O11 but it's pretty rare you'll see an O11. You may have guessed the E stands for Enlisted and the O for Officer. I find the US Military pay grades article at Wiki a great resource for working out who is what and comparative ranks, e.g. being able to tell at a glance that a full colonel in the Marine Corps is equivalent in rank to a Captain in the Navy; but a Marine Corps, Air Force or Army Captain in only equivalent in rank to a Lieutenant in the Navy; but a Lieutenant in the other forces is either a 1st or 2nd Lieutenant and equal in rank to a Lieutenant Junior Grade or Ensign (respectively) in the Navy. Put more simply: Marine Corps, Army and Air Force follow (mostly) the same rank/grade structure and all the other services follow the same one (mostly) as the Navy; and having the same rank name as someone else may mean one of you can order the other but not vice versa.

Hopefully, I didn't mess up while writing any of the above! Here's the link to the Wiki article I suggest (again, remove all spaces - FanFictionNet doesn't allow links to be posted as clickable links):
wikipedia wiki / U.S._uniformed_services _pay_grades
Guest chapter 8 . 1/28/2016
Very well written. Would love to see what happens.
Saissa chapter 8 . 8/9/2014
HMMM the story is not over yet - you said that you didnt plan to leave Arial in the veggie state.

But time does fly and Arial has now been left back in this veggie state for over 10 years.

Is anyone going to rescue her?
The Inflated Taco chapter 8 . 6/9/2004
Wow. This story is great. Your writing kicks major ass. I am eargerly awaiting the rest.
Bratling chapter 8 . 2/16/2004
Interesting. You've got a strong writing style here, and I'd like to see more.
BF
Domintel chapter 8 . 1/24/2004
Wow! What a story! I think that I had started reading this before a while back, but didn't keep up with it for some bizarre reason. But I should have, coz it's such a great story!
Keep up the fantastic work, and continue to update! Please?
-Domintel :P
MacHarm4ever chapter 8 . 11/2/2003
Great story. Keep up the good work!
flyboyfan chapter 5 . 9/18/2003
Hey, is anyone still alive? I want to see a continuation, a conclusion, anything! Like I can talk, but hey!
gHeTtOnErD chapter 8 . 8/29/2003
yAy...yOu posTed agAin...whOO hOO...grEat story! i'm jUst lOvin' it!

peAce..

kristin )
flyboyfan chapter 8 . 8/28/2003
This chapter was so good! Good Lord - she was finally calm. And I really liked how you used Harm's time in Vietnam to connect the two.
starryeyes10 chapter 8 . 8/24/2003
great story.
jagchick105 chapter 8 . 8/23/2003
Yay! *hugs computer* you updated! This was a great chapter! Very intriguing. Will be looking forward to the next chapter very soon! Very good and realistic idea with the whole Andrew Garner thing. I've never really thought about how Harm's life was in Vietnam...you did a great job creating it. Keep up the great work!