Reviews for The Assassin's Heart
reb chapter 2 . 6/20/2003
thanks for a really well-done fic. i've always been intrigued by odin, and think of him and his relationship with hiro much the way you seem to. i can tell that you have done your research before writing. Too many fics lack that "ring of truth" that distinguishes crystal from glass. Overall, the story might benefit from a little polishing, but it is very well-done and I like the "flashback" style. straight narrative would not have had the same emotional impact, i think, because here the reader has to work at putting puzzle pieces together.

On a side note: i've always wondered if odin wasn't just as much of an idealist as the man he killed. he's not your average killer- he's an intelligent, thoughtful guy who i think regrets a lot of what he's done. did he actually think at the time that what he was doing was the right thing to do? did dekim betray yuy? plenty of room for speculation here...

thanks: reb
Yira chapter 1 . 6/16/2003
O_o Anata means "you". I've seen "omaesan" used for "darling" or "dear" but not anata. O_o;

Other than that, good fic. _ The flashbacks weren't confusing. It was unusual though. Heh. Good job.
Swifthawk chapter 1 . 6/16/2003
Very, very nice, though I have not seen the Zero episode yet. I have heard much about it and love what you have done for Heero's little part of it. The tense change was a little annoying, yes, but neccessary. This goes on my favorites list now.