Reviews for GATE: Journey in the New World
DFMRCV chapter 16 . 8/25/2021
...Chocobos? Well, there's a surprise.

Anyway, a nice, long chapter. Again, the character interactions are on point, and certainly above what we saw in the original canon, really mixing the fantasy elements which is certainly interesting, like the discussion of the different kinds of dragons was done pretty well. It is very much like the cast is going into another world that has its own story, not just a copy/paste of the original Gate series, which is very well done. I also enjoyed your little reference to "God of Cookery" here with Furuta's character, though I do hope it's not just a reference cause canon-Furuta was... well... not the best.

Rory is seriously coming along much more interesting than her canon counterpart. Again, the sense that she's actually some kind of ancient person who's had to live a long time in service to a god genuinely shows. I mean, in canon people just walked up and worshipped her and the JSDF just kind of went along with it. Here it's great to see her actively interacting with the civvies and have other people comment and answer questions about her, as she's pretty mysterious here.

I guess this is where my knowledge of Japan Summons causes me to falter, though, cause I don't know much other than the very, VERY basic gist of it, so the... gun(?) at the end is something I'm not entirely certain of being an original concept or a weapon seen in Japan Summons... either way, there is now a feeling of dread about the Empire... I don't know exactly how to explain it, but since your Empire is more fantasy-leaning (unlike mine and many other author's version that just sort of bases it off historical accounts of Rome and takes it from there) it gives it a sense that it's at least a threat now that it's apparently innovating.

Again, good read.

Looking forward to more.
naufalrakha0104 chapter 15 . 8/10/2021
Hoho what is this? Noriko?
Maroon567 chapter 15 . 8/10/2021
so in this case tyuule the ex queen is not in the hand of certain sadist, But with someone else who has more common sense and more humane.

and after reading the fanfic she's either former slave because she's married to that noble darius or his lover, the slave that he and tyuule mention of try to save are probably one of the japanese probably noriko

the again it's not common that some lower class or mid class noble allow to marry a commoner or in fantasy case a demi-human

anyway a nice change of fate for once i could say tyuule and noriko probably the luckiest
Major Simi chapter 14 . 8/10/2021
Well interesting chapter
DFMRCV chapter 15 . 8/10/2021
Oh, dang, Tyuule made an appearance?

This is certainly... different. I'm assuming the girl she's referring to is Noriko. Tyuule working with an Imperial Soldier is also quite different from canon, and I'm sensing her character is going to have a different personality given that here she appears much warmer already, less cold, and vengeful... at least, that's what I got from this short chapter.

This seems odd, as I'm also assuming she's referring to getting Noriko away from Zorzal, and one would assume Zorzal would still be keeping Tyuule locked up in the palace dungeon, so either something changed in canon here or I'm missing something.

Anyway, decent short chapter. Raised questions to the point I'm intrigued. Looking forward to the continuation!
DFMRCV chapter 14 . 8/8/2021
Nice to see you back at it!

Definitely better than the Coda arc in canon. This feels much more like two worlds interacting and the fantasy and the modern interacting than most Gate stories. Even mine was mostly focused on the "war of eras" side of things. Here you have a more genuine interaction, and it isn't just one-sided curiosity from the locals, but both sides trying to peacefully communicate.

Characterization is still good, but the big improvement is on the fact that we're seeing some level of understanding between both sides, not just a level of dependence from the villagers... kind of reminds me of the early episodes of "High School prodigies have it easy in Another World" in a good way, actually. While the original Gate "one V one" scenario can work, you do a very fine job of showing that this is very much its own world, with its own vibrant societies, not just a mirror of Ancient Rome.

I'm assuming the village official with an agenda could potentially try to lay a trap of sorts for the villagers where maybe he gets a larger Imperial Force to try and subdue the people in order to "protect them" in his mind, but that's my speculation.

Good read, good chapter. Keep at it!
Maroon567 chapter 14 . 8/6/2021
''Aside from the crystal device, there was an unusual object that had never been used by any Imperial Elite Soldier or anyone on this continent. A magical weapon with the appearance of a golden smooth bore three-barrel, accompanied by a unique draconic design and a long, wooden grip ending in a knob''.

okay i can asume that the saderan has either a triple barrel break action shotgun or magically enchanted tri barrel Musket.

which i can asume that only high ranking offcial or capital legionnaire are the one that have one consider it's standard issue of parpaldia empire (aka british empire with real dragon).
KGBAgent75 chapter 13 . 8/5/2021
Very good fanfic. I love it a lot. Damn i can't make words of praise, but still, this fanfic is a really good piece of a fanfic. I'm looking forward for the new chapters.
naufalrakha0104 chapter 13 . 7/11/2021
Woah this fanfic is interesting...
Onion of the Soviets chapter 14 . 7/3/2021
It's OK. Take your time.
JustABoredAuthor chapter 14 . 7/3/2021
Take your time, current times is tough.
DFMRCV chapter 12 . 6/29/2021
Okay, a slow chapter to build things up.

Nice.

It's always good to see characterization, and it's great to see that there is an established world here. I mean... duh, the world is already established, but most fanfictions (mine included) kind of just roll with what exists and focus on their own scenario. Seeing a lot of slice-of-life elements, which is pretty good for characterization, which was done well overall.

I get it's tiring to look for the proper words to push a conversation between characters, so don't worry about it. You're doing a pretty good job establishing your version of the Gate characters compared to the original that just kind of... threw them at the viewer and then moved on... none of that here, thankfully.

The one issue that isn't really an issue here but might become an issue later is some of the characters shown here may not really have any presence going forward, and that may affect people reading this later on as some scenes may appear as "filler", but presently that isn't the issue here, it's just something that came to mind as I was reading the scene with Rory and Cato as it slightly reminded me of some Filler scenes from shounen anime series like Bleach or the old Naruto series. Again, not an issue here, it's literally just something I thought of while reading and decided to note down.

I did like how relaxed everything feels here, as the atmosphere is different from the original gate but it's also capturing a bit of the relaxing part about exploring a different world, which is always nice, especially here where it's more of a fantasy world, to begin with. Since Tuka is already at the village here, I'm curious as to how she will add to the meeting with the "Men in Green" as things are already so different from the original.

Good chapter overall, keep at it!
Maroon567 chapter 13 . 6/29/2021
ok so the Sadera can invade Qua-Toyne Principality because it's an agricultural nation with little standing military with the only advantage is ww2 style mana com (like in the novel)

and even if they (the sadera) succesfully invade it's neighbor they probably would still be steamrolled by more sinister and more powerfull empire with firepower equal to JSDF and US Army Combine

P.S
In Nihonkoku Shoukan Novel almost every country in the northen Civilization Military Power and technology are either in their 1940's all the way to early 1950's
with one of them are a litteral IJA Reincarnated or Gra Vaskal Empire where their Technology are somewhere in late 1940's to mid 1950's
Onion of the Soviets chapter 13 . 6/26/2021
Hmmm, interesting...
Major Simi chapter 12 . 6/26/2021
Well seems like things just got interesting. Anyway great chapter
106 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »