Reviews for Say Yes
SaltedLily chapter 4 . 2/19/2004
I don't know what to say...
Um, subtle in a very obvious way. I do like how you played with the characters and the way you portrayed Vetinari. It's very well written, and the subject is very tastefully dealt with. As well, your ending was bloody brilliant. Nothing can be so straightforward with Vetinari involved, and the motives of your characters were clear and (perhaps most importantly) GOOD! Awesome, awesome story. Well done, indeed.
Merit Somnia chapter 4 . 2/13/2004
A most interesing fic.
TheCheeseman chapter 4 . 1/24/2004
Very good!
rhapsodee chapter 4 . 1/24/2004
this is lovely..
'“Hanna?
Tindomiel chapter 4 . 1/12/2004
Well this is a fine little jewel in the mires of fanfiction.
Elly chapter 4 . 12/24/2003
So artfully done! I'm amazed at your execution of Vetinari's character.
Badge177 chapter 4 . 12/18/2003
I know I reviewed this a while back at the Discworld Fanfiction group on Yahoo, but I think it’s worth another mention here. It’s so well written, it’s incredibly sexy, and it has that rarest of things in fanfiction - a plot. As a slash writer, I can’t say I’ve ever really enjoyed het fiction (I’m loath to use the term hetsmut), but this is the fic that swayed me. It really is wonderful. What more can I say?
Missmalfoy chapter 3 . 12/16/2003
I know I gave a short review and I don't know if you're still reading them but now I have more time:
Truly fantastic - one of the sexiest fanfics I have ever read. You capture HV very well, completely turning everything on it's head in the last chapter. Hana is well sketched and the whole thing is well-paced and flows nicely.
Very well done - please write more
Missmalfoy chapter 4 . 12/15/2003
Really, really enjoyed it - very well done! Always thought HV would be good at *that*!
Ariana Deralte chapter 4 . 11/27/2003
That was surprisingly briliant:) Hanna was an amazingly fletched out character, while Vetinari was nicely in character even if he was in a situation I'm sure we'll never see him in. Loved all the manipulation at the end. Cheers:)
anna chapter 1 . 11/11/2003
alright! this is the first discworld fan fiction im reading, and its off to a damn good start! very intriguing! youve got the patrician down-pat, and hanna is a really original character, witty and intelligent. while hopping to the discworld section of i had hoped to find some quality piece on the patrician, because hes one of my favourite secondary (if such a category befits him!) characters in the discworld series. you are really very good at writing him. i guess the "over-25-detail" helps...;-) (im in the same league) so im very much looking forward to the next chapter. on to it!
DominoFalling chapter 4 . 11/7/2003
I adore this story. Vetinari is soo... well Vetinari! Devious is too mild a word for his manipulation and exploitation of the situation. The 'love' scenes are so well written - sigh!

This is such a superb job of work. I've had to come back and read it again. More Patrician stories please.
Jurious chapter 4 . 9/22/2003
Thought I'd leave a last word here seeing as I haven't done so, yet, though I did read it at Skyehawke: just *too* good! I must say that it's nice to have a plot in a story that contains a bit of risque stuff - usually people just write it for the hell of it, but we have a direction in this one! _ And I just adore Havelock - he's great! I'll be doodling some more soon now my memory's been refreshed.

Until later!

~Jurious
Katz chapter 4 . 8/29/2003
That was absolutely the best Discworld fic I have EVER read. You captured the private life of the Patrician SO well I'd have to say you rival Terry Pratchett. Absolutely amazing. Just wow.
Merrymoll chapter 4 . 8/18/2003
GASP...

Fantastic! Bloody fantastic! (excuse my Klatchian...)

This is now one of my favourite stories ever!

Well, I knew ol' Havelock had something up his sleeve, but that was a real bolt from the blue. The suspense was well crafted - from Hanna thinking she's lost her position in the Guild to that contract... Sneeky conniving swine, he is! But that's what we all love about him, eh?

Then of course, “My most refined of tortures.” *shudders* Oh God, yeah... When he approaches Hanna with one hand behind his back, I was NOT expecting the feather!

For a few moments, I thought the Patrician tickling anyone was a bit out of character. but then I thought about it a bit more: it isn't, really. It IS refined, it's devastatingly effective, and it doesn't leave a mark... Yep, definately a very Vetinari thing to do!

He's definately got his own back there!

I should have known he'd file Hanna's ticklishness away for future reference. He quite pointedly avoids mentioning it during the music lesson - he comments on hot cocoa because she's cold, but not a word about the writing tickling her.

"The alternative, of course, is remaining here in this room with me and the feather.” He held it up again. “I haven’t begun to show you all its uses.”

At this little comment, my mind didn't so much run riot as stage a full scale peasant's revolt! I wonder if he's done this before...

I can't wait to see more of Vetianri and Hanna - these three years are gonna be REALLY intersting!

And I can't wait to see Downey's face either! (heh, heh!)

Chess lessons? Yes please!

Fantastic! Thank you, Mercator!
77 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »