Reviews for A Father's Right
Sosa Lola chapter 1 . 10/29/2015
That was beautiful. Poor Xander. That was a sweet moment with Giles.
The Buzz chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
I love this! Good Xander angst and a wonderful moment between him and Giles at the end. Thanks for sharing.
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
very nice
Gyrus chapter 1 . 12/18/2003
This is a good representation of the parts of Xander's life we rarely see - his family and his thoughts - and it provides a solid explanation for Xander's traditionalistic ideas about manhood in the first 3-4 seasons. I wish we'd had a scene or two like this on the show. (For one thing, it would have explained that exchange between Xander and Spike in "Restless", in which Xander implies that Giles was once like a father to him.) Well done.
Angela chapter 1 . 9/15/2003
sweet
Aurora Snowstorm chapter 1 . 8/18/2003
That was such a touching story. You did an amazing job on it. I love the Xander abused stories, and you did this one so perfectly. Great!
Leanne8582 chapter 1 . 7/14/2003
This was so great. I've never seen a Giles/Xander relationship fic done so well. Excellent job.
mags1587 chapter 1 . 6/24/2003
This was great. Excellent story, with lots of great little touches - Buffy, Dawn, and Xander in the kitchen, the conversation between Willow and Xander... I absolutely loved the way you handled the scene between Giles and Xander. They were both so in character I could see the actors playing out the scene. Please, write more!
Whisper2AScream chapter 1 . 6/17/2003
Excellent story. I find myself remembering a quote from Parenthood that I'm sure Xander would agree with, "...you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming a-hole be a father."
Tobert chapter 1 . 6/16/2003
this was a really touching story. I would love to see a sequel where giles pay's a little visit to xander's dad and goes all ripper on his ass. good work.
Erin Giles chapter 1 . 6/16/2003
Very well written! I'm a Giles orientated person myself and I thought that was a really sweet gesture of Buffy to make dinner for him on father's day. And poor Xander, he really does deserve as much attention as Giles does! The ending was very good as well! Very Giles.
Dr. Tamwe chapter 1 . 6/16/2003
Aw, cute!

I've personally never known a British man to hug another guy, even at funerals, but maybe Giles has Scottish blood or something. It was somehow believable anyway.

Very angsty and I like the bit about Hank Summers too... I was just thinkin about our own personal Hank and how I'd like to take a scythe and insert it into the underside of his chin and see if I could make it come back out again between his eyes.

That would be fun.

Thank you! Good birthday present and timely too. I am loved :)
Guest chapter 1 . 6/16/2003
Some father's don't deserve to have children. Thanks for the very touching scene with Giles and Xander. Good work.