Reviews for Phantoms
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
I wouldn't have wanted to have to face him. That's for sure!
caseyedith chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
Wow... Just wow.

What a powerful piece. I love that you wrote about what it's like for someone at the receiving end of Battosai's blade. Quite a unique perspective, that you pulled off excellently. There were several places in the narrative that recaptured my attention powerfully: especially when you talked about his slight figure, the imagery of his hair, the "Run!"...and the ending was perfect. Whoever the narrator was, he was quite an observant person. I loved that he mentioned compassion in the end.

It was really cool to get a feel for what Battosai really was. I think you captured Battosai's essence as a hitokiri perfectly here. Whenever I write about him from now on, I'll probably think of this story.

Awesome work! You're a fabulous author!
Brukaoru chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
Wow, you have such a way with words, it's really amazing. The feelings that this character exudes is explained so thoroughly that I can imagine the atmosphere clearly. Awesome one-shot, perfect ending!
LoveIchigo chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
It's hard to find Battousai shown at this point of view and I adore the way you finish with '...' The suspence and tension is spectacular and i'm in love with your attention to detail!

Brilliant fic, love all your stories on here!
sagebrush-soap-opera chapter 1 . 1/30/2009
Just sort of poking back through the older stories, and I realized I hadn't told you how spectacular this piece is. The atmosphere you weave throughout is magnificent, both oppressive and edgy, so that it's alive and smothering at the same time. Wonderful job with the first person here. First person is so, so hard to pull off well. Kudos and thank you. It's a great read.
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 10/29/2005
You capture the tension here so beautifully. I loved the way you describe the stillness, "I had never noticed before that silence had a sound, however thinking about it now, I believe that the absence of sound is a very loud thing indeed.

It is the sound of your head; of the breath leaving your nose and the pounding of blood. The sound of the wind and the shifting of clothes and the tensing of muscles. The beating of hearts."

Really unique.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/5/2005
i really like stuff like this, it helps you understand a lot better how the people who don't like kenshin feel when you put it back into perspective and see it from their point of view...it also captures the fear that his name held, and that also makes understanding other parts about the series easier. the interesting thing is, i can imagine that a lot of people who faced him feared the name of Battousai more than they feared death, just because of the anticipation of KNOWING that you were a goner no matter what if you saw him. not to mention the creepyness of the ability to seemingly vanish with the wind...it's the kind of aniticipation that makes good scary movies sucessful. you did a good job of capturing that feeling.
DeguChan chapter 1 . 9/16/2004
0.0

wow. That was an amazing RuroKen fic. INCREDIBLY well done, with detail so real you feel that you are there... and I would like to say that I also concur with every reviewer under this review.

Gaaw I wish the smut fics would go away so this stuff can be appreciated. *bows down and offers sacrificial curly fries* Indeedly.

0.0
Ms. Zeal chapter 1 . 8/25/2004
Wow. That is some powerful stuff. I love the way you captured the all the emotions throughout the story. The endless waiting with the phantom assassin, the breif hope that was quickly replaced with awe and terror at the hitokiri's skills, the helplessness as he watch his comrades die and realized he was next. It is expertly written, and draws the read into it. It's like you're inside his mind, watching it played out through the guards eyes - you can actually feel, to some extent, what he was experiencing. Your descriptions are very captivating. All I can say is wow.
misaoshiru chapter 1 . 7/12/2004
I love it! (*was searching the depths of and stumbled on this fic*) hope someday your fanfiction muse comes back to life somehow or something, you really are a fantastic writer.
Hiro-tyre chapter 1 . 7/9/2004
Thank heavens for HakuBaikou! I should have totally given up on quality RuroKen fanfiction if not for that most superb genius of knowing all that is Ruroken and good.

Wait... Should I be praising you, instead of HakuBaikou?

Brilliant. Genius. I love you now.

...

("What do you mean '...'")
audsome chapter 1 . 6/2/2004
i love this! i liked reading this because it was well-done... yep. i like this!
Kaerya chapter 1 . 11/3/2003
Your story is absolutely amazing. You have a wonderful style and have the ability to make your story entirely believable. Your story was detailed where it needed detail and vague where too much detail would have taken away.

It was a neat veiwpoint and I can't wait to read more of your work.
ESP chapter 1 . 9/22/2003
Ghaah. Am choking. This is truely amazing, a completely new look at our favorite Hitokri. Although, heh, guess you already knew that. Just wanted to say I loved it, and that your ability to manipulate words to convey emotion, mood, and tone is absolutely wonderful, and I envy you. This is awesome, and like most awesome things i find these days, completely under appreciated review # wise. Why is it the best fics out there are go unread? Why is the crap hailed as gold by the masses? I don't understand. WEll, as always, excellent work, and if you think I'm crazy, i blame the pudding pops.

ESP
M0ghedien chapter 1 . 9/18/2003
That was great, I don't know why more people haven't reviewed to tell you that. Excellent job!