Reviews for The Sky Is Dark Tonight
OldFashionedGirl95 chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
I've just started dipping into DIRS fanfic, and the more I read, the more I hate Susan Cooper for marooning Will alone in the universe. This expressed it very well, and the sci-fi emphasized how long he had lived.
Sirius-Black-is-not-dead chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
I almost started crying, damn that song was touching and angsty.
Martianlightsaber chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
Wow I know I'm reviewing a TDiR story that's 4 years old but this was excellent, not overblown, yet with a strong message. An interesting interpretation to a modern-day closure to the series. It's ironic almost, that most fans see an eternal loneliness in what was supposed to have been a happy ending. But the tone really stays true to the book - reflective, yet not overtly so - kudos to that. (Also a wonderful relief from the film so-called adaptation that just came out)
JadedRainChild chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
beautiful story

and melancholy

i keep on going back to this little fic...over the years...and rereading it (ive just been quite bad at leaving a review)

its awesome though the word awesome isn't really appropriate...but more like satisfying yet aching and slightly profound or resigned? hm i'm not so sure myself

but i like it alot just as much as the original DIRS...(i'm also a sucker for sci fi anyway)

the song Will sings, the lyrics really does embody what i'd imagine would be some of his feelings when the world and everyone he knew in the DIRS timeline passed on..

well thanks for writing this...
Guest chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
Please update "This Kiss"
Saucie chapter 1 . 7/30/2004
Oblique, perhaps, but very much in a good way. This is excellent ... characterisation, lyrics, the theme of music that ran throughout all the books. The writing is very effective - clear and sad, without being overly dramatic.

I loved the salute at the end, Will holding up his brand of the sign of the Light. Brilliant touch.
buggirl chapter 1 . 2/20/2004
that's awesome! and when i say awesome i mean the best thing i've ever read awesome. i kind of read this a long time ago but didn't review, so. great job!
0-l- 4 eva
Rachel chapter 1 . 12/3/2003
More More More! That is cruel and unusual to stop it there! PLEASE! That was wonderful! Thank you.
By the way, if you need a muse, i volunteer to come and hit you on the head with the inspiration stick!
:), Rachel
Nanashi chapter 1 . 11/22/2003
I like it a lot. I mean a whole lot! I think you did very good job and loved the song. I could see that happening and just wanted to let you know that it was very much enjoyed
spinnerofdark chapter 1 . 11/13/2003
i like it its good your right in thinking will could prob live that long i also feel sorry 4 him iif he could (i know hes a made up charector but who wants 2 live 4ever?)
Silver on the Tree chapter 1 . 10/24/2003
Wow...this was beautiful. I like the way you inserted Will into the story, and the song...

Really, I wish Will didn't have to be so ALONE!
M.E. Magnificent Entity chapter 1 . 10/18/2003
(I thought I commented on this back when I first read it, but I guess I was wrong)

Oh... I've never heard the song that this was based on, but now I really want to! It's so sad...

I just finished re-reading the entire series, and I'm always sad at the end of it, since Will is all alone. This fic (and the parody(?) song) really bring across that lonliness ::sniff sniff::

Excellent, excellent writing!
silent H chapter 1 . 10/5/2003
I really liked this, you have a good writing style. I like how you incorporated Will into the story. And I really love the Goo Goo Dolls. Nice work!

sielnt H
Sam Davidson chapter 1 . 7/22/2003
I'd say it's GOOD oblique. I like it.
Ellie chapter 1 . 7/14/2003
Strangely appropriate song choice. It's sad to think of Will so alone, the last of the Old Ones...