Reviews for Golden Bands to Bind Them
madcloisfan chapter 6 . 11/2/2014
Loved it
Killer Angel chapter 5 . 2/22/2008
Normally, when reading a finished story, I wait until the last chapter to leave my review, but I feel the need to comment in particular on the scene with Anya in this chapter, so I'm going to leave it now instead.

First, this is hands down the best "Something Blue" based story I have ever read, and I have definitely read a lot. The timing is far more realistic and EVERYONE is so in character.

Which brings me to my Anya observation. Anya is one of the characters I've noticed that people seem to write least well. Whenever someone manages to capture her tone well, they focus far too heavily on just sex and money, and while she does talk about both a lot, people go way too far with it. I absolutely loved this scene you wrote with her trying to be like the woman in Murder She Wrote, especially the conversation with Hallie about feeling compelled to get them to notice her. I can absolutely picture that conversation happening in the show.

And for everyone else, not only is your dialogue very in character, but you somehow manage to, even through writing, get people's physical mannerisms, like earlier with Xander emphasizing with his finger about how he won't like housing Spike.

I think this is pretty much just one of the most well-crafted Buffy stories I have ever read. You are just phenomenal.
KittyVamp208 chapter 6 . 1/13/2008
love it
teejplease chapter 6 . 1/10/2008
Um, hell's yes this was amazing. Don't know why but lately I've been going on a 'Something Blue' tangent and this perfectly fit in. LOVELY.
susan pero chapter 6 . 6/16/2004
hey just saying u should make more chapters. i liked it thats why u should keep going.
Zzickle chapter 6 . 1/25/2004
I liked it. very nice little story. thanks for sharing.
cousinjean chapter 6 . 9/8/2003
I love this premise. Your voices and dialogue are both very good. Great job!
LuckyStarz chapter 6 . 7/29/2003
Okay, just realized I never reviewed to this one, and I really should have! Although I was a bit disappointed in the end, I now know that you are continuing with "Still Bound" so all is happy goodness. This was a wonderful story, and I do believe I feel compelled to put it on my favorites list! Along with it's sequel, of course! Anyway, good job, and sorry I didn't review when I actually read it! I must have been tired or something. But yes, very nicely done!
gwendolenau chapter 1 . 7/22/2003
Enjoyed this very much. Apart from the Spike and Buffy arc, I also appreciated the little character moments you had, e.g. Buffy, Willow and Anya sharing an "estrogen moment" at the sight of Spike and Xander facing off; Anya wiping Xander's pale, sweating face after his discovery of Buffy and Spike's nuptials; Anya determined to MAKE her boyfriend's friends like her. This all rounded things out nicely.
BrownEyes chapter 2 . 7/21/2003
Hahaha I really like this story. I like the 'So let me get this straigh. You hold my life in your hand .. and you're going on a DATE?" Hahaha that was funny. Gotta love the Spuffy!
Sodapop Allerdyce chapter 1 . 7/17/2003
this is the first buffy fic that i have ever rr'ed. although i haven't been watching the show as often as i used to, i love the buffy/spike pairing. it was a happy moment that they were able to accept and be in love.

i never got to see "something blue", dying to find it on dvd. i love your story and it's funny. i'll read some more after i finish up a chapter of one of my fics and watching dbz. ja ne!
KeepTheFaith chapter 1 . 7/16/2003
I just started reading this story and it's amazing. Great job bending what happened in Something Blue just a little bit to really make things complicated for Buffy & Spike.

I loved the wedding rings that they can't get off and the fact that they're both worried about the confidences they shared more than the sweaty, tingly love making they shared with each other. The ammunition they're afraid they've put in each other's hands is too funny for common ground.

Spike's jealousy was great too. I loved that he was jealous of just a little flirting. Wonder what he'll do when he hears about Buffy's date with Riley.

I can't wait to find out what happens next, so I'll definitely be back to R&R the rest of the chapters and your sequel story.

Laura
vampkiss chapter 7 . 7/12/2003
I really enjoyed this fic and I'll def be looking forward to the sequel. :)
artemis66 chapter 7 . 7/12/2003
i loved the story. can u do a sequil
Pat chapter 1 . 7/11/2003
Yeah, for BonnieD - you rock, I keep expecting some more ... and Yeah!