Reviews for Une Seule Danse
Amaure chapter 1 . 4/25
These are the type of stories I love to read. I hope I can see your work in NovelStar. There are also a lot of talented writers in that platform. You may check their group on Facebook.
odonnellzoo99 chapter 1 . 4/23
Another excellent Flowerpot story dedicated to Emily. This story upped the ante with a firstborn naming (albeit with the French spelling). Very nicely done.
Oddblonde chapter 1 . 4/8
Beautifully done. Has to be the best fluff one shot I’ve ever read. Very realistically done too. I feel like whoever wrote this is genuinely a good person based on the things they focused on romantically
Azathriel chapter 1 . 4/6
Such an awesome story!
SKFF chapter 1 . 4/4
Beautiful!
Although I’m sad they didn’t make a move during the Ball, and lost that time together, I can see why you made it that way.
Harry had to grow up to stand as equals in their relationship, and it turned out really well.
Characterisation was spot on, and very consistent,
Excellent writing as well.
Overall, a wonderful addition to the Flowerpot community.
Thobeobo chapter 1 . 4/4
Characterization: Both Fleur and Harry are, in my opinion, written fairly well here. Neither of their characterizations are groundbreaking or anything, but they both service the story very well. I think Fleur’s character is one of the more believable versions of her that I’ve seen in a fic, and I think that Harry’s awkwardness is very endearing and makes his perspective very fun to read. I think Fleur’s character has just the right amount of haughtiness, so she’s still somewhat comparable to her canon characterization while also not being obnoxious to read about. I also think that, in general, Fleur and Harry play off each other very well. However, as I said, I don’t think that either of them are particularly groundbreaking or anything, so I think I’ll give the characterization a very respectable 3.5/5
Romance: This is where this fic fucking shines. This is, for all intents and purposes, fluff done right. There’s still very well written drama, there’s still tension, but this fic still exists for the sole purpose of making you feel all nice and fuzzy on the inside. Fleur and Harry interact really, really naturally, and their interactions are fantastic. The consistency here is absolutely astounding, as there are hardly any moments that fall flat. It’s really great, and I hope Void writes more romance oneshots in the future, cause apparently he’s great at it. 4/5
Dialogue: Overall, I think the dialogue works very well. It’s not groundbreaking or anything like that, and there a few clunky moments here and there, but it mostly works very well. I thought it was especially good in the little ending scene in the restaurant, but the scene in which Harry asks Fleur to the ball is quite charming as well. 4/5
Plot: Now I’m feeling a bit conflicted about this one, because I think the plot serves the romance rather well. It provides a good reason for Harry to be happy during his fourth year, and not be in the tournament, and also does a decent job establishing Fleur and Harry as friends, but I’m also not really a fan of AUs where Voldemort’s just died on Halloween night. I don’t even have a solid reason for not liking it, it’s just not something that I find to be especially convincing. However, this is probably the best execution of that idea that I’ve ever seen….so let’s go with a 4/5
Mechanics: This is a very mechanically sound fic. All of the grammar is accurate, all of the spelling is correct, and I think the writing is stylized in a really neat way. This fic feels like it was written by Void, and a lot of his style from The Shadow of Death shows up here as well, and I think that’s rather impressive, especially considering this fic’s radically different tone. So….yeah, I think this fic’s mechanics are rather impressive. 5/5
Bonus Point: So here’s the thing. This fic was written for the Emily Collection on the Flowerpot server, and this entire project has essentially restored my faith in the fanfic community. It’s such a wholesome project, and I’m sure that she’ll absolutely adore the collection when it’s complete, and I’ve decided this: whenever I review a fic from the Emily collection, I will add an extra point to the total before I average the final score out, because anyone who writes a fic for this collection is a wonderful person, who’s doing a wholesome, kind thing for someone in need, and I think that deserves commendation. 1/1

Overall: This is a really great fic! It’s a great example of fluff done well, and it’s written for a great cause! Fleur and Harry are both great, their interactions are cute, the style is interesting and distinct, and the dialogue is quite readable. I really like it, and it earns its place in the top tier. 8.6/10
sabbath9997 chapter 1 . 4/3
Great job!
My best wishes to your friend.
Arnie1701 chapter 1 . 4/3