Reviews for Aemon The Conqueror: The Rise of the Dragonknight
creativo chapter 17 . 11/29
Elia Targaryen se acabe de convertir en hija unica que mala suerte
Dunk an Egg chapter 17 . 11/28
Great chapter. I love that you're setting up the challenges and enemies of Aemon slowly. I can see where Tywin would attempt to unite with forces in Essos to stretch Aemon thin and force him to make choices he doesn't want to make. I feel like he might decide that the Empire needs to stand on its own and not rely so heavily on him, but at the same time he still feels a duty to his family. Should make for an interesting dilemma.
Tarly is really going to end up as ashes. I do think that he will likely be someone that rallies the Faith Militant if he isn't dealt with soon. The FM will probably happen anyway given the way Reach lords are so faithful and some will definitely think the same way that Randyll does about the Targaryens being abominations. It will be a result of the FM uprising that House Tyrell will come to power in the Reach. You wouldn't have set up that little caveat otherwise.
I like that Aemon will be bringing some advances to Westeros. I think it would be cool if he built another tower of Harranhal that had openings and balconies off of it that could support the weight of a dragon so that they would have something akin to a landing pad. Similar to the designs of towers in Valyria.
Looking forward to seeing Tywin again. I really think you love these incredibly overconfident characters to show their folly. I do think events in Dorne will be fun to read. Lots of treachery and backstabbing.
Celexs Draconia chapter 17 . 11/28
This was a fun chapter to read, i really enjoyed the interactions with the Tyrells. I am looking forward to seeing what happens with Tarly and with Dorne. excellent work as always.

Cel
jccoop54 chapter 15 . 11/27
I really enjoy for stories but instead of finishing these how’s about you finish dark prince and same song no offense really enjoy your content but disappointed these stories aren’t finished
FrenchWhiteFox chapter 17 . 11/27
I love this story and Really like the love between Rhaenys and Amons and the I will do whatever need to be done attitude no good no bad
Sozin's Flame chapter 17 . 11/27
Love this story! Can't wait to read more!
DarylDixon'sLover chapter 17 . 11/27
Great chapter, excited to read more.
creativo chapter 16 . 11/1
El par de idiotas acaban de hacer equipo mis condolencias a los civiles bajo su mando
xan-merrick chapter 16 . 10/24
Great chapter can't wait to see what happens next
Vwchick chapter 16 . 10/21
Another great chapter! Thank you so much!
Blackwidow713 chapter 16 . 10/19
I can't read anymore. Your stories are usually good. This one is not. Poor character development. Aemon is annoying and so is raenarys. They are boring. Who cares if if he good with a sword. His ego is too big, there is no serious challenge for him. He just came in from essos, declared himself king, and everyone just fell in line. All too easy. I dont care how much he loves raenarys. I get that he loves her, but does that have to be mentioned every chapter.
Dunk an Egg chapter 16 . 10/18
It's hilarious that just like in canon, Littlefinger is doing everything for his dick. I think you really like writing his POV because of how unwaveringly confident he is in his intelligence yet how foolish he is in reality. I can't help, but think that his whole plan is horrible and really isn't a threat in the slightest. Even if Aegon were to be killed, Aemon is in Westeros carving out his own kingdom and Rhaegar knows that Aemon wouldn't have done it. It would make slightly more sense if it was Rhaegar who was killed, but even then, Aegon wouldn't buy it. Neither will the West-Drone alliance be a threat. Field of Fire redux coming up. Only difference is Aemon may want to get in there and mix it up with his sword since he seems to be getting a little antsy having not killed anyone in so long.
I had a feeling it would be Aurane/Dany. That seems like such a fitting duo. While I think it would be easier to control the seas from land further out to sea like Massey's Hook or Cracklaw Point, I see why you would want to keep KL in your story. I think it would be cool if you could find a way for them to sail up river which would then make a connection between Harranhal from the God's eye to the Blackwater on to KL. Or do you plan to build something akin to Valyrian roads? That would be cool.
Can't wait for more from this one. It's a really great, original story. Sad that we have to wait almost a month. Keep up the great work!
Realmirror71 chapter 16 . 10/18
Well, you sure took your sweet time updating, didn't you? Well, it's here at last.
The Aurane pov makes it sound like Dany will marry Aurane. I mean how else will Aurane be credited with reinstating house Velaryon as a house of dragon riders. I guessed correctly with Braavos' making deals then. It just makes a lot of sense, the iron bank and the faceless men are too big a threat to let be that easy. There is no lack of enemies who would be able to pay the faceless men to kill the Targaryens and the iron bank funding someone could make a very big difference in the war. Dany was not who I expected Peytr to obsess over. He was already sixteen or seventeen at the time of the rebellion which was also around the same time that Dany was born so this time he's not only creepy and obsessed, but he's also a pedophile. I am guessing he hugged her and met her in some meeting acting as the iron's bank representative. Then he got obsessed with her. The line, "when I held her in my arms" certainly suggests such a thing. I hope his plot fails. I know he will succeed in creating discord but hopefully, Aegon is not killed, even if he manages to create such chaos that it almost goes to Dance of dragons level. If Aemon becomes holy valyrian emperor then that would just kind of cheapen the story in my opinion. It would be much better if all he has is what he accomplished himself.

Obviously Tywin is planning to betray Doran. I mean that's just obvious for anyone with half a brain. How do these two geniuses think they will be able to stab the other in the back without the other attempting the same first is beyond me. Overconfidence I guess. Oberyn will have second thoughts? So perhaps he can be saved. Obara should be made Lady Commander of a queensguard made exclusively of woman, or at least a part of it. It would sit well with her since she always wants to be seen as a warrior, it would be a powerful way to show that the Martells stand with Rhaenys, even if Doran doesn't.

I thought Aemon was being mean to Dany because he thought she had come to convince him to come back and make peace with Rhaegar or something, though I suppose him being worried about his family makes more sense. Aemon is itching for a fight? Well so are we. I think that it would make much sense if he decides to spar with Tarly in order to shut him up. Randyll Tarly was known to be one of the best warriors in Westeros, even though he wasn't the best swordsman, so defeating him will shut up many reach lords who doubt his ability with a sword. Especially if he humiliates Tarly which given his ego, well I wouldn't put it past him. Maybe he can also humiliate Gwayne and Garlan and while Garlan is willing to let it go as the reach lords were making life hell for Aemon earlier and since he is a steward's son and is more humble, Gwayne holds a grudge against him which can lead to conflict further down the road. The reach is bound to betray Aemon at some point. They aren't too happy they are kneeling in the first place and they won't follow Olenna forever.

I can't imagine Rhaenys would be too thrilled to learn what Doran did. I hope Rhaenys shows her dragon by raining more Dragonfire on the dornish than Aemon. Especially considering what Gerold Dayne did and that Rhaenys is closer to Dany than Aemon.

I can understand the planning thing. Time travel always presents such problems even when you don't have to go back to the original time, add in going back to a world with these changes and it adds another layer of complexity. As you said, if Rhaenys lives then it's possible she has more children and one of them is competent so Maegor doesn't usurp his nephew. Aegon and Rhaena could be close to their cousins and so perhaps as soon as Aenys dies, the Targs can work together to fight against the faith. Or maybe Aenys is not as indecisive as canon. He could also possibly be married to his sister so his children are completely different. That's just the different things to consider for this one change. Jon living a full life at times will be interesting, I wonder what magic allows him to remain young when time hopping. Him meeting his descendants in his own time will be funny, but it will undoubtedly be awkward for him. Hope to see it soon. Also thank you for your advice, the story is out now, so do check it out if you are interested.

Anyway, time to end the review. Hope you update sooner next time. Stay safe. PEACE OUT.
~REALMIRROR71
I really enjoyed this chapter as always but found myself not really liking the Garlan POV. Everyone seems to be perving on Daenerys and the more I read this the more I just want Aemon to go full Conqueror reborn and get with Dany also. This isn't a deal breaker for me and I'll keep reading for sure...I'm just not a fan of where Dany's storyline may be going if I'm reading the cues correctly. Can't wait to see what comes next! Keep it up!
tashawng chapter 16 . 10/16
Curious i would feel better if you put Daenerys with someone loyal to Jon not tyrells Aurane feel like hell be better for her