Reviews for Locking This Away
helluin on chapter 1 . 2/26/2006
Odd. My steps keep drawing me back to this story by accident, as I follow chains across the net, tracking Lulu's and Auron's footsteps for might-have-beens, maybes, and never-weres.

Everyone else has walked this path two, three, four years ago; like Auron, I came too late. The buzz has moved on.

I come and look at your story as people gaze in the Farplane, seeking an image of something past that can't talk back.

What I'm trying to say - oh, you don't need critique. Or at least I have none to give. Your skills are better than mine and you know these characters so well that I find no point where I think, "oh, no, Lulu doesn't quite talk that way," or "that was the wrong note."

What I'm trying to say is that your words are like pyreflies, and I appreciate being able to come back in here and look through Lulu's eyes at what should have been, but because it makes better story, it wasn't. Every measure is right, including the disruptive Guado child. That reminds me of those dreams where you realize you're about to bed the unattainable, but people keep walking into the room and interrupting the perfect moment.

Lulu is all about lost opportunities without strong angst. Too many of these characters wallow in complete sorrow. She's human, she feels it, but she moves past it. "No regrets."

Well. A few.

And I wish like crazy you'd written Auron, since I'm sure you could write him as well as Lulu, but that's the most annoying thing about him: he's barely there, he never says enough, and you're left staring at empty air and a presence defined by absence. Even when he was there, he wasn't. Maddening.

Your Lulu gives voice to the frustration so many people felt.

Thank you.
Moonseeker chapter 1 . 2/5/2004
I can't believe I didn't read this earlier! Such a great story...
Even though I knew you were an AuronxLulu fan, at first I thought you were having Lulu visit Chappu. I was surprised at the end, in a good way of course.
I also really loved Lulu's interaction with the Guado girl. It just seemed to be a really meaningful scene that you put a lot of time into.
The story flowed very well, and was very dramatic and thought-provoking. I'll have to go read and review your other stuff now! Keep writing!
Poetrim chapter 1 . 2/4/2004
I like this a lot.
Great writing. You are talented, i could read this for hours.
Serah Villiers chapter 1 . 1/14/2004
That was really good. REALLY good. I loved it. This is actually a really good pairing, I didn't even think of it before! It is a better couple than Wakka/Lulu, they have similar personalities.
aes sedai AK chapter 1 . 8/14/2003
i really love this. i don't even care for auron/lulu but i love this. everything flowed so well and Lulu was in perfect character and i held my breath everytime you described the Farplane and felt my heart pull when Lulu started to open up to that Guado girl and the 'grief ages people' line and a lot of lines felt so *right* when they came and at the very last line i felt a small, sweet smile. *cough* yea sorry. seriously. this is one of the best fics i've read in a long while.
lynnxlady chapter 1 . 7/10/2003
That was really very good. I liked Lulu's interaction with the Guado girl, and the way Lulu didn't go back after Auron had finally appeared. "She had found her closure; going back might mean losing it." The thing I like about a lot of Lulu/Auron fanfic is the way Lulu tends to go on after the romance, a whole woman even without the man she loves. The ending to this fic leaves you with a bittersweet feeling in your gut, but it feels -right.- It isn't the happily ever after that people come to expect from romance (even when one of the characters dies/is dead), but it fits the circumstances and the characters, and that's the whole point. _ Good job.
PrometheusUntied chapter 1 . 7/3/2003
I absolutely love this story. In fact, it was what inspired me to write my own little Auron/Lulu vignette. I think you did a wonderful job of characterizing Lulu, what with her seemingly harsh, cynical exterior and her internal vulnerabilities that only briefly make their way to the surface. The quick transitions of her internal monologue, going from love and respect to disdain to frustration and back again was very well done and very revealing. It certainly seems appropriate for Lulu's character.

I also liked Lulu's interaction with the Guado girl, how at first she didn't want to be bothered by her, but then began opening up to her a bit and understanding that they weren't so different. And Lulu's line about Auron being "very much a man" is an instant classic. It captures both characters to a tee and was certainly the top highlight in a story full of many.

I believe you have a wonderful grasp on language and pacing, and I found myself completely hooked in anticipation of Auron's appearance (and though I thought you did a great job at concealing who Lulu was visiting, I somehow knew from the very beginning). In fact, at times I was beginning to think that somehow Auron would turn out not to be dead at all (though I've always felt resurrecting deceased characters cheapens their death), and would certainly not have been surprised to see him turn up in the flesh. However, I found myself completely satisfied when he did finally make an appearance at the end, and I loved the manner in which you presented it, as well as Lulu's final line.

Overall, this was a wonderful story and I look forward to reading more from you in the future.
Onyx Eyes chapter 1 . 6/30/2003
I luv Aululu fics *sigh* This one was very well written ~_
The Highwaywoman chapter 1 . 6/23/2003
auron's a hottie... something about the winged eyebrows i think. or maybe it's the sak'e... it must be the red coat... hmm... maybe the shades? i don't know. this is wonderful as it is, but it would be cool if you continued it. lulu/auron forever!
RocketGurl chapter 1 . 6/20/2003
An Aululu! Yay, you're my hero! Hehe. This was *such* a well-written story! Is there gonna be more, or did you just intend to have it closed at the end? Anyway, I loved this fic. You kept Lulu in character wondrously, and I liked the twist at the end where he actually showed up. Do you have any more Auron x Lulu stories coming, cause I'd *love* to read em!
zhakeena chapter 1 . 6/20/2003
Aw... *sniffle* I wish more people would write more Auron/Lulu stuff like this!
Melancholy-Girl chapter 1 . 6/19/2003
Wonderful story. I always thought Lulu and Auron would be good for each other. I usually see people pair him up with Rikku ::shudders:: Anywho, I hope you write more in the future. _
Masked Reviewer chapter 1 . 6/19/2003
Damn. Nice twist there at the end. I was expecting closure, not a twist. It puts this in a new light. Cool.
wewe chapter 1 . 6/19/2003
Ahh!Hooray for Aululus!
Ninth Lady chapter 1 . 6/18/2003
Good story! It was really well written, you should write more Lulu/Auron.

~Ninth Lady~ "The Messiah of Silence"