Reviews for The Ladder
TheNightbearer chapter 3 . 2/21
I'm really excited for this, and with the timeline not being as he remembers it, we can be surprised big time. I want to ask though, how would he have gotten King of Snakes, and what would the skill look like?
sanjiv121606 chapter 12 . 2/1
Based MC
daemon452 chapter 40 . 1/11
its a bummer this was abandoned.
Killinq chapter 40 . 1/11
Damn... I wish this was continued. It has been a great read. Thanks.
Killinq chapter 38 . 1/11
Sweet, I love a time skip
Killinq chapter 35 . 1/11
Damn... you had us in the second half...
Killinq chapter 23 . 1/10
Nice, I find him going to Essos more interesting than sticking it out in Westeros. Way too many enemies in Westeros at the moment. Once he builds up his armies and his strength, he can come back to Westeros. Shame about his fallen relationship with Robert though. At first I really thought he'd be Roberts hand, but then Jon Arryn came in and messed up the plot.
Killinq chapter 19 . 1/10
Holy shiet, that was a great chapter
Killinq chapter 11 . 1/10
Damn... I always loved Ser Davos Seaworth as a character. Petyr has gotten a great comrade
Killinq chapter 10 . 1/10
Nice chapter, quite surprising that Bryden abandoned him. It'll make his future plans a lot easier now though. When he got knighted, I thought it was too early but it makes sense if Brynden wanted to get rid of him
her.kos98 chapter 21 . 12/29/2023
This is going to be a long one, isn't it?
In a medieval world where the most defining concepts are bloodlines, reputation and legacy, where medieval values define the everyday life and future of a medieval society( at least until the ice zombies arrive) the author introduces a modern SI into Petyr Baelish at the lowest point of his life and ensures that beyond learning how to wield a sword he makes no effort to actually fit in with the local customs... This is a pet peeve of mine, but I despise this approach to storytellingthis self insert is one of the most frustrating ones I've ever seen because he has no moral identity past the first few chapters. He immediately begins martial training because that's almost necessary for a lord in the local society to be taken seriously and he needs to mend Petyr's shattered reputationso he's adapting to the local system to use it for his own goals like any sensible SI in his position, right? He's gonna start by becoming a knight, right? He could have gone the merchant prince route like OG Littlefinger by buying brothels or any other business, or the lord/knight route as he's doing here, or a very careful mixture of both. Then magic is introduced; the SI knows that magic is heavily frowned upon by all Andals, while the Rhoynish/Dornish don't give a fuck and Northerners are somewhat accepting, especially if it's related to weirwoods due to their religion. Everyone with a basic understanding of the setting knows this. So the mc reveals himself as a sorcerer to his Andal allies, has secured no support from the North before, while or after doing so, is currently at war wih the Dornish, so he automatically loses any kind of goodwill or good rep he has worked so damn hard to accumulate, which could have easily been avoided with just a few words. Yay. Imagine someone in Warhammer 40k goingso, Chaos is kinda cool, isn't it?" to a bunch of Inquisitors on an Imperial world after getting caught doing a ritual to summon a demon... I'm still surprised not a single one of them tried to lop his head off. Then Robert Baratheon, the mc's friend, betrays him and strips him of all of his accumulated authority which he had used for their collective benefit, simply because Jon Arryn said so afer the SI tanked his reputation, and the SI offers no opposition at all, just rolls over. The author may vehemently deny it, but even though I heavily dislike the term, this is in fact first class "beta" behaviour. I was expecting an Achilles-style ultimatum, an argument, the SI calling them out on their bullshit so that he has ground to stand on if they come crawling back to him begging for help, but instead he just backs off with a whimper. In a society defined by notions of honour, that shows weakness and is an admittance of defeat, of guilt, of having been wrong. When Ser Barristan is stripped of his white cloak in the books, and to a lesser extent in the show, he throws down the metaphorical gauntlet, calls them all dumb, weak and honourless in his typical polite manner, then walks out like an absolute chad and there is not one person who could say he's in the wrong. If he'd just stuttered outoh, I understand, I'm sorry", handed back his cloak and fucked off, he would have proven them right in calling him too weak and old. That is just how society functions in this setting, and the mc's modern, more flexible, wishy washy attitude makes him not just an outsider here, but outright an undesirable. Anyway, this is the beginning of the author trying to force the world to function on modern values. The entire thing with him marrying Ashara would be concerning by today's standards too, if to a lesser extent. In the setting, genocides are committed by characters like Tywin to ensure the concept of legacy, to keep one's bloodline in power. The mc decides to marry Ashara because she has a "modern woman's" attitude and is witty? Apparently? That is the perception of the author and several reviewers defending him. Now, I don't really give a damn about feminism or the manosphere and this is not the place for that sort of discussion, but take a moment to consider this: Ashara is considered a witty modern woman that the SI instantly wants to marry because she was in love with another man who was then killed, had an illegitimate child with yet another, this time married, man( was this while Brandon was still alive? Shortly after his death maybe?), and now that illegitimate child is going to become the SI's heir by his own design. And the author does not think this is behaviour typically associated with a cuckold? The SI hasn't even met the woman, so he's not desperately in love with her, he legitimately plans this out and justifies it with the fact "he's not gonna play by medieval rules and wants an "intelligent, active partner" and people are supposed to accept this as smart, logical planning? I have stopped reading at chapter 21 and do not intend to continue, but based on other reviews it's implied that Ashara t
The Genesis Emperor Of Reality chapter 7 . 12/23/2023
Green Hair?
Manko and Chinpo chapter 27 . 12/10/2023
IDIOT AUTHOR AND CUCKOLD LOL, BORING MC FUCK
polarpwnage chapter 35 . 12/9/2023
I think Ashara merely was tired of her boytoy and merely created this play to tie off loose ends, otherwise the first time her bodyguard tried this, she would've ordered him killed.
polarpwnage chapter 22 . 12/9/2023
Honestly if you were trying to get us feeling bad for Petyr being labelled traitor, it has completely backfired. Everything that has happened was his own damn fault.
3,597 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »