Reviews for The Guardian
AnonymousDelete chapter 7 . 6/5/2004
I was reading your story, and when I read your author's note, I couldn't believe it. Finally, somebody else (besides myself) mentions this! I lost my mom a little over a year ago, and I can't stand it when people say things like "I'm so sorry!" and stuff like that. It's not their fault, so why apologize? In my opinion, nobody knows really what to say...it actually depends on the person they're talking to. Some people like all the sorrys and crap like that. Some just completely avoid the subject with others because they don't know what to say...wait, I'm confusing myself. Well, I just wanted to say that I've noticed that too, and I absolutely love this story. Now, I've just GOT to continue reading. I'm only on chapter seven!
Gemini ice 39 chapter 9 . 6/1/2004
I don't know if you planned on updating or finishing the story, but I wanted to let you know that I really liked it and I actually put it on my favorite stories list. I loved the way you portrayed the Marauders, my favorite fanfics are the ones where Harry meets his parents or his daughter and a lot of them don't capture the Marauders that well, but I really think your story does and I can't wait to read more. Please update soon.
White Evergreen chapter 9 . 5/30/2004
You've been on my favorites list for quite some time, Cass. Though it is rather short right now (not that I can talk, but), I really enjoy "The Guardian." You write like I wish I could. Harry is spot on in personality, as are all of the others. I enjoy the fact that you have him as both kind of (who am I kidding - "kind of"?) dark and saditistic Harry and Harry, the-kid who-despite-all-still-cares-for-others-even-though-he-really-resents-knowing-them-right-about-now. It makes for an interesting read. I do have one question, though. Why do James and Sirius have such a problem with Dennis? Remus doesn't. If it's because Dennis is from a Slytherin family, then both of them should know better. Sirius especially, since he's from the same stock. That reminds me - I agree with Harry on the fact that something about Blair definately rings a bell. I looked through my HP books, and as far as I saw, there wasn't anyone else with that name, so what's up? Also, a few months from now (in the story, at least), you could make Harry tell Remus that he knows about the wolf and have Harry's speaking in tongues (I love that phrase) as a sort of "I'm a dark creature/being and so are you. I don't care, really" sort of thing. Just an idea. Last thing, I swear. Could you please provide Daniel with one hell of an excuse to punch the rat? Right in the face would be pretty good, but smack in the gut sounds pretty tempting as well. Come on, please? You know you want to. Oh! And on behalf of readers everywhere, an update now that it's summer would be much, much appreciated. Thank you, and have a happy Memorial Day weekend. Peace out!
icklebrina chapter 9 . 5/25/2004
I love your story, and no I don't think you're bitchy, it's annoying getting mean reviews from people about spelling grammer and facts and stuff, when they get them wrong, I once wrote a mean review back to someone woh had reviewed on some story who was going on and on about the grammer and spelling were bad and they needed to get a beta, and she'd be happy to beta for them and blah blah blah, but had terrible grammer and spelling herself (just guessing it was a girl, I don't really know) and it ticked me off, because for one thing, the story was really very good, nice grammer and spelling, the whole deal. and for another thing, she/he didn't seem to know what they were talking about. Anyway, didn't mean to be so long winded! And awesome story, I hope you're still writing it, even though it's been a while! Update soon!
anonomous chapter 9 . 5/18/2004
Uh! What a cliffhanger!
princesscutle86 chapter 9 . 4/1/2004
you do a great job! i hope you continue, i know that it has been a long time since you have updated and i want to let you know that you are doing an excellent job so far!
Japonica chapter 9 . 3/31/2004
As I know I've already reviewed this is one, to tell you that I hope that you are continuing with this story. It is very good and I am enjoying it. I hope that I see another update soon! Keep up the super work. :)
nooneimportant chapter 4 . 3/21/2004
in the 3rd book, when tom wakes harry up with a toothless grin it means a smile without showing his teeth, not he has no teeth. ifound that hilarious anyway. good story
Japonica chapter 9 . 3/16/2004
Why haven't we seen another chapter. This is an excellent story and I'm desperate to see another chapter soon. Keep up the superb work.
cat jones chapter 9 . 3/13/2004
this is an incredible ff! i can't wait for more!
Tara chapter 9 . 3/6/2004
Okay how long has it been since you updated! A millenium! Hurry and UPDATE!
Illucia chapter 9 . 2/25/2004
I like the story and their characterisations. Especially Sirius who has the concentration of a knut and it's not all the time bullying and .. but you do ramble a lot.
I don't know what's up with those reviews at the end but they take half of the lenght! dissapointing.
Illucia chapter 7 . 2/25/2004
You ramble awfully lot out of story.
Kazaera chapter 9 . 2/23/2004
Lovely!
I enjoy time-travel fics but often have to screw both eyes shut in order not to scream at the horridness - "Yes, I'm your son and I'm from the future and if I tell you what's going to happen the timeline will be seriously messed up but I'll tell you anyway..." This fic is not at all like that, it's highly enjoyable and actually *plausible*! *gasps* Furthermore, I love how you show that MWPP were a bunch of gits in school and Harry's reactions to that, as he's basically idolised his father for most of his life and now has to deal with the fact that he's behaving like - no, he *is* - a self-righteous bully. Harry's characterization is spot-on as well. Kudos for his Slytherin side! Face it, everyone needs one of those to get out of trouble.
To wrap up a long review: although I'm not usually that fond of OCs, I love Dennis - he's very interesting :) I wish there were more like him around. All in all, this is one of the best (if not the best) time travel fic I've read :) Go you!
Guest chapter 9 . 2/16/2004
Will this be updated anytime soon by chance please?
257 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »