Reviews for The Visit
Is this a 1 shot or will there be more
lil'mousie323 chapter 1 . 4/22
The way you have written this chapter is just so incredibly raw and real. I love the vivid picture I see while reading. I do hope you have more chapters planned, as I’m pleading for more!
Thank you for this!
mariamc16 chapter 1 . 4/20
I have really fallen behind on my reading (we won't even go into the writing side) but noticed you uploaded and I couldn't resist! I loved that E was not there with the kids and gave that space, I hope the next chapter is about their meeting.
Nanergb chapter 1 . 4/19
What an excellent story - your writing is so good & detailed. Thank you for sharing w us.
Kimesita chapter 1 . 4/19
Ok just wow! I can’t wait to read more !
Hetwaszoietsals chapter 1 . 4/19
Wow tough subject... great writing as usual!
nonadhesiveness chapter 1 . 4/19
I was so excited to see a story from you! Thanks for the RE shoutout. :)

I love this so much. You do a great job of talking around the breakdown incident without revealing what actually happened, providing all these little hints—I like how that adds a sense of intrigue and enables readers to use their imagination to fill in what the incident was, what caused it and what that night might have looked like. This is a great example of silence being more powerful than explanation.

You write the fear/apprehension that each of the characters experiences so well. All of the kids feel distinct and three-dimensional. I think you really captured the tension—the kids wanting information but not wanting to say the wrong thing, Henry wanting to reassure them but also needing to respect his limits and not wanting to scare them. The interactions between the four of them were spot on.

I think it’s great that Henry could find a greater purpose in him being there—knowing that his suffering might enable the kids to open up and prevent them from going through the same thing. There’s an awful lot of shame and stigma surrounding psych wards and holds, so it’s positive that he was able to frame it that way.

I’d love to see Henry’s conversation with Elizabeth, but that’s me being greedy—this story is perfect just as it is.
Missymoo3266 chapter 1 . 4/19
More please! This is amazing. I have read Ripple Effect and it is one of my favorites. I am so excited to see how you handle this story with Henry having the problems. I am looking forward to more! You are an excellent writer!
SALLYSAYSRELAX chapter 1 . 4/19
this was definitely an interesting start. I hope there is more...
Very nice. Thank you. I’m so glad to see a new story.
Kimber1983 chapter 1 . 4/19
Hmmm this is definitely an intriguing start
lostinthewords chapter 1 . 4/18
Well now I need to go back and re-read that chapter. Good job on this one, would love to see another chapter focused on Elizabeth visiting him. Or anything else related to this universe
Cibbola chapter 1 . 4/18
So, so good. You really capture the kids and poor Jason. Hope the Elizabeth reunion is coming.
Laineyvb131 chapter 1 . 4/18
This is so poignantly beautiful. I agree re Ripple Effect; and now I need to reread chapter 28 so I understand the scene this came from.
Brendalwood chapter 1 . 4/18
WoW. Excellent. Full of team McCord and real children who are quite 3 d in your work.

Would love to see his conversation with his wife - because you would do it justice.

So many little details done just so. From Thomas to Buttercup ...
30 | « Prev Page 1 2