Reviews for The Potter Broom Company
ClassHole chapter 6 . 6/7
Price is way too low for the Ravenstar to make sense. Even if the goal isn't to make much money, it needs to be worth the time to produce. Cost of materials is 21 Galleons per broom based on this chapter. They profit 22 Galleons a broom. It takes him 1/3 of a day to enchant a Ravenstar. Time invested in enchanting Ravenstars is time he can't work on new designs. Wasting a full day not developing new designs for only 3 galleons total isn't exactly worth it.

Also, if they start hiring workers to enchant for them, paying the wages of those people will cost more than 3 galleons a day. So now it costs them money to make those brooms. Then consider that the price a Ravenstar is selling for will never go up from the initial first price with the big marketing push, as it'll only become more and more out of date.

I get that this is just a light story, but if its going to be a story about a Broom Company, the numbers need to at least make some sort of sense. If you don't want the price to go up, I'd consider editing how much the materials cost then. The prices seemed shockingly high to me honestly. Especially when buying in bulk from a shop that apparently doesn't get as much business anymore.

Also, the company should be much more formalized than it currently is, or at least give us some more details. Harry just tossed 5k into the company account and starts spending it. Was that a loan to the company it has to pay back? Is the start up funds for the company part of what Harry brings to the company and why he owns 50%? Can Harry just spend the company money buying stuff without Hermione's permission? She owns half technically, so he should need her say so. What are their roles and responsibilities for the company. All this shit needs to be hashed out at some point, and while you could wave it off with a "12 year old's wouldn't think of that", if they are registering with the Ministry and the Goblins, they sure as shit would. Or if you just want Harry to be a crazy broom inventor, then get him to hire someone to run the company and the financials for him who has a clue. Just some thoughts, if you'd like this to read a bit more realistic, and less like a 9 year old's fantasy written with crayons.
Sageofchaos chapter 6 . 6/4
hope to read more.
GryffindorTom chapter 6 . 6/2
can't wait to read more
EP chapter 6 . 5/27
EXCELLENT
MERCI POUR LA LECTURE
Really creative ideas. Very curious to read the rest
017 chapter 5 . 5/7
Also, I agree with the comments made by mwinter1. Please address those issues if you can. Thank you!
017 chapter 6 . 5/7
Very interesting concept! I hope you make Harry dive into aerodynamics and such at a later stage and combine them with the magical enchanments. Thank you for a nice story and keep up the good work!
DS2010 chapter 6 . 5/6
well done Harry he is becoming quite the business man
happylady chapter 2 . 5/6
I love this
Thanks
happylady chapter 1 . 5/6
Wonderful start
Until next time
Gloria
firebird-fenix chapter 6 . 5/5
Great, lets see how that works for harry and hermione, and how they make better and faster brooms.

Bye
mermizle chapter 6 . 5/5
Probably one of the most interesting hp fanfics I’ve read. I absolutely love stories with crafting and the few wand crafter hp stories were usually solid but so far this one is amazing. I’d probably rank it my 2nd favorite so far after the hp artificer one I’ve seen around but only because that one has had much longer to get it’s wheels rolling. Cannot wait to see more of this or if it ends up with a patreon to sign up.
Beth5572 chapter 6 . 5/5
I would love to see what you write next. Your a great writer and your stories are great too. Keep up your great works of art. I also hope you write more soon.

Terri
Dr1zzy chapter 6 . 5/5
Great story !
Vukk chapter 6 . 5/5
I am guessing you have either never ran a business, are over simplifying what at cost means, or Harry is just showing that he is a kid. Nothing is ever intentionally sold like the way Harry did. There is always some markup to cover labor, land (in your case rent for the room), and the government. Also, you said 15 brooms were made. Harry, Ron, and Hermione get one each. The quidditch shop got 13. 13 plus 3 is 16.
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »