Reviews for The Pokemon Carnivore Theory
JulCan1987 chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Very good story, and I totally agree with you. If all Pokemon were herbivores then they would run out of food, and they would all eventually starve to death, no wait, Pokemon can't die, so which means they would spend the rest of eternity starving. They tried to make Pokemon kid friendly, but they ended up making in too kid friendly that they pussified it (no offence), but they really did.
Arkanrium chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
While this is logical and most of it is probably still applicable, you must remember that you can't apply most evolutionary theories to pokemons (not considering its a game) because in universe they did not evolve.

From memory the Pokemon universe was created by divine legendary such as Arceus, Palkia and Dialga. Again from memory, most of the mythology of the Pokemon universe is given down by these literal physical gods (even if its a few generations ago) and describes Pokemon as being created to exist alongside humans mostly, this must be taken into consideration when building a logical look (as opposed to a gaming or story driven look) at the Pokemon world.
The Insanity556 chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
From what i can understand this makes sense where did you get the idea from, just out of randomness or were you always wanting to write something like this?
Xynth chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
Excellent presentation of an opinion long-held by myself. I also understand that the world is suited for children, and that logic does not intrude upon it. After all, how could Jessie, James, and Meowth repeatedly survive exposure to electrical-energy in excess of several thousands of volts EACH AND EVERY EPISODE? Or when they get launched into the air...how do they survive the fall? Less intelligent people have often said that, "Maybe they always fall into water." Well, at that height...water is like cement upon impact. And these are merely the two most-glaring, and common, examples of the fallacy of this world.

But how people can ignore the Carnivore Theory in application to the verse, I have no logical conclusion. I mean, look at Rayquaza, for example. Almost 30 feet long, sharp teeth and claws, high speed, powerful attacks. The perfect example of an apex-predator. And Scyther...those things didn't evolve merely to cut-down grass and trees. A lightning-quick strike from behind, a nice and easy decapitation or evisceration. The blood and offal drains, and the pokemon is free to enjoy its meal.

Examples like these have long-plagued me, and it is nice to see someone put this childish-realm into the perspective of reality.
Snake of Medusa chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
Pretty sure this isn't what the game developers had in mind when they made this series, but it does make sense! *cackles* Great fic, any chance of a sequel/more chapters?
paladin5842 chapter 1 . 7/22/2008
I'll never look at pokemon the same way again
Bittersweet Romanticide chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
Nice! You've obviously put a lot of thought into this. (In my head I simply said "when the trainers turn around the pokemon start eating each other") Hey, if there's no animals those hamburgers have to be coming from somewhere...

Nicely written, good ideas, and I actually sat down and read an essay. Good job, and I hope you write others like this, explaining away the pokemon world.
sc chapter 1 . 8/3/2003
there are fish besides water types that look like fish there are cows
Kayasuri-n chapter 1 . 6/29/2003
Makes sence. In my story coming up, I'm going to have pokemon like this. If people get mad at me, can I refer them to this little fic that makes alot of sence? Thanks!
Dragonet of flame chapter 1 . 6/20/2003
doesn't the pokedex say some pokemon are as intelligent as humans? There was an entry I think (r/b/y) that said alakazam was smarter then a human.
Blitz Blazer chapter 1 . 6/18/2003
I like the thory its has solid grounds and backup for it also if you remember the early epsodies (Sp?) of pokemon when ash had caterpie when he tried to catch pigeto it tried to eat it.

I like these and ive seen a few these are very good. you do good work
Mark Twain chapter 1 . 6/18/2003
I liked that! Good essay thing whateveer.