Reviews for The Past Came Back
NICE JOB !
spike dragon chapter 44 . 6/26/2008
Now that was scary... looking forward to next one. Big Thumbs UP
Joleca chapter 44 . 6/21/2008
You had me very scared for a moment in your intro note saying the story was "officially complete".. So many loose ends and so many things seem to just be getting started. So you can imagine my sigh of relief when I read your closing note:

"Coming next: “Past and Present”

What? You thought that I was going to wrap things up all nice and neat? Don't worry, “Past and Present” will show the team trying to cope with their everyday work load, Jack occassionally adding some 'excitement' to their lives, and crypic clues that John believes are Nicole trying to contact them."

Please don't make us wait too long for the start of "Past and Present".. eagerly awaiting chapter 1!
movieholic chapter 44 . 6/18/2008
I love this story and I'm really happy there's a sequel, otherwise I'd go mad trying to figure out what happens next.
Joleca chapter 43 . 6/17/2008
After reading this chapter a couple of weeks ago, I decided I needed to go back and re-read the entire story from the beginning... Gave me a very different view from just reading the newest chapter when it goes up.. And, I have to say I enjoyed it even more than I did before..

It seemed to flow better with every chapter being fresher in my memory and I found it didn't seem to as "off-focus" on John as I had seemed to think before.. Even with the main focus seeming to switch to Nicole and keeping her safe, I found enough going back to John and the original attack on him (and the question of who & why), to keep me very very happy.

Whatever you choose for Nicole's & Jake's fate, I will be happy with... Can't wait to find out what's happening with John's father and who is the man who has him prisoner, and why does he want John dead.

Hope you'll update again soon... I love this story!
movieholic chapter 43 . 6/9/2008
I wanted to read the whole story through before reviewing and let me tell you I've never been so hooked before. I love this story, it's fantastic! I hope you continue this, but no pressure. I love John centric stories, but I still hope Nicole and Jake are going to be okay. However, whatever happens I'll be there to read it and I'm sure I'd love the outcame regardless of what happens.
spike dragon chapter 43 . 6/1/2008
Sam and John are so sweet together. What a guilt trip you wrote with them all playing woulda', couda', shoulda'. I think it would devastate Nicole if she couldn't save Jake no matter the circumstance. Probably with Jack's mind games he could convince her she let John die.
spike dragon chapter 42 . 5/27/2008
Whoa your Jack certainly knows how to... play. Great Job on the chapter
Joleca chapter 42 . 5/23/2008
So very glad you've decided to continue.. You've put too much of yourself into this "baby" to let it go.

"A/N: Ok, I be back at this ;-) Still haven't decided what Nicole's and Jake's fates will be, but the story will somehow go on."

Glad they found Jake and I'm sure he'll be ok after he gets medical care... (unless of course something happens to the "Flight for Life" plane)

and poor John feeling guilty for what happened, Sam is right, it wasn't his fault. Jack is an evil sick maniac with an obsessive one-track mind and he'll go after anyone he thinks is interfering or in the way of what he wants, "Sam". But John wouldn't be John if he didn't care so much about others and want to do everything he can to protect them and keep them safe even if it means he's the one to be hurt.

Can't wait to read the next chapter and dying to find out what's going on with Patrick O'Doyle and his captor and what else the (so-far) unnamed man has in plan for John.

So, a given, but have to say it anyway. please please update soon!
spike dragon chapter 41 . 5/10/2008
It would be a shame not to continue It's such a great story and really hurt as to where you left off (John's father) . Granted John's my favorite but nothing wrong with pointing out he's not the only one with something to lose. Hope you continue. Thank You for a great story.
Joleca chapter 41 . 5/9/2008
I hope it wasn't my comments that have you feeling you don't want to continue this story... As I have said, I do love it (even with the focus changing to Nicole and not being on John). With the last paragraph of Chapter 40, you've given yourself the opening to change the focus back to John where it originally started..

You've put a lot of time and effort into this story and for all the folks who do love it (and aren't as "John-fixated" as I am), I wouldn't go back and re-write or change anything.. This is still your "baby" and what you've already written is very good. If I were you (I couldn't write a story to save my life), I would continue on from that last paragraph... finish up the Nicole/Jake/Jack arc quickly and take it right back to John and the "evil b-" that is after him to take revenge on Patrick.

Again, please, please don't just drop this... The story is too good to let go.

Joanna

"Sorry to everyone who was hoping for a new chapter. I've looked back at this story and realized some things.

This story has completely lost its focus. In fact, it lost its focus a long time ago and is now so lost that I doubt it can ever find its way back. That's sad, because it means that I wasted five years on this, but if in five years the story hasn't progressed, it never will.

At this point I don't know if I'll continue or not. If I do, it will be with some major rewriting/deleting of earlier chapters."
Joleca chapter 40 . 5/8/2008
So, who wants to see the story continue? Anybody?

Do we? you bet! especially since the paragraph at the end of this chapter.. looks like the focus is finally going to be back on John..

I love this story, but have to admit, was harder to stay interested in and follow when the storyline changed and made Nicole the main character and focus.. After chapter 14, it almost seemed as if John was a side character or an after-thought and the story seemed to be all about Nicole. I do love her character, especially the way she cared for John and got him to open up when he was so very ill, but after they were both released from the hospital, the story suddenly seemed to be all Nicole and almost no John..

I realize the horror and how traumatic everything Nicole had been through, certainly the horror and pain John faced was just as great. Someone had deliberately targeted John and even though the people used as the instruments of that horror were gone, the person pulling the strings of the puppets was still out there, but it seemed as if that part of the story was gone and suddenly the whole focus of the story was just about protecting Nicole and keeping her safe.

I know I'm probably biased and prejudiced but I can't help it.. For me, it always was and will be John! and I can't wait to read more about him.

So, please don't take anything I've said the wrong way.. I really do love this story and don't want to see it end.. so, please please update again soon! and I know I'm going to sound like a broken record (since I seem to put it at the end of every review, but...) Please MORE JOHN!
spike dragon chapter 38 . 4/25/2008
Sends shivers down my spine to think what kind of message Jack will leave by using Jake. Excellent
Joleca chapter 38 . 4/24/2008
Sounds like they're closing in on Jack.. hope they get to Jake soon, before Jack has a chance to any kind of permanent damage.

and please, MORE John!
spike dragon chapter 37 . 4/6/2008
I'm with Grace demon not a good sign. Love your writing