Reviews for A Different Path
powermachine79 chapter 6 . 23h
Great story so far looking forward to read morr
Chryseum chapter 6 . 7/10
I feel that Ash existing at the same age as James makes no sense in any timeline.
Earthpatriot117 chapter 6 . 7/10
About the relationship, whatever works for ya! Xd
Looking forward to this battle. Xd
Bruhmaster69 chapter 6 . 7/9
Pass on the harem thanks
Yes chapter 1 . 7/9
Please no harem only one girl thanks.
Deal With Itt chapter 6 . 7/9
Really good chapter. I don't think she's not getting paid very much.
Crywolfseven chapter 6 . 7/9
A really good chapter, as for their relationship you’re doing fine. The only issue people had early on was the way you flew straight into them all but dating without getting to know anything about one another.

You have fixed that and now they started a relationship after traveling together for some time and supporting one another on the road. That is perfectly normal, honestly if Pokémon wasn’t a kids show it’s likely what would have happened to Ash and Misty. Though since she never aged and she did through the series that obviously never happened.

I look forward to the next chapter and maybe them traveling with Ash and Misty!
frankieu chapter 6 . 7/9
nice chapter thx for writing it
liked the first date nice amount of fluff with out feeling like it was rushed
interesting meeting ash and misty
weird that there also on there travels since james and jessy had a couple of years traveling and the bike gang together should ash and misty not being 6 or 7 years old atm ?
Bladeofdreams chapter 6 . 7/9
Good work looking forward to future updates.
Revo777 chapter 5 . 7/8
interesting story, I like it, you could explore more how trainers earn money, it seems they depend too much on battles, maybe find some stones and a clefairy also to help.
Earthpatriot117 chapter 5 . 7/3
"You missed my first capture! This cute girl right here came up to me shyly and asked if she could join me too. I'm so excited. Jessie, I want you to meet my starter Petal." Jessie introduced me to Petal and I was shocked."

Jessie introduces the oddish to herself?
Lol

Great chapter man! Xd
Good chapter, though a couple things, first Jessie refers to James as “Jessie” when she introduced him to her starter. Secondly Jessie stated that Petal “said” she only wanted to heal other Pokémon and battle as a last resort.

My question is how did Jessie understand that, is she one of those that can understand Pokémon when they talk? I guess they could have conveyed it with charades or something but that would be rather interesting to see acted out so I am just curious.
Vital Info chapter 1 . 7/1
Not bad but certainly not what I had envisioned when reading your title. I thought that the story would start with Team Rocket at the verge of death and James being given the opportunity to go back and change his ways by going back in time and meeting the likes of Jessie and Meowth through other circumstances not involving joining Team Rocket. This idea of putting a foreign soul in James body and basically any trace of the old James felt wrong to me. A rebirth of sorts vs. what I am guessing is a self insert to me would have served a far more intellectual movement as to whether James would actually change if given a fresh start. Would he have taken Growlie? Actually confessed his feelings to Jessie? And so on vs see long a "Being John Malkovich" type scenario where it's someone else expressing that love that isn't James' . Not genuinely at least and there in I will choose to not continue reading the story. I wish you good luck but damn it all if I didn't get my hopes up to see a concept like viewing Pokemon through eyes different than Ash's. I really had high hopes but oh well. Good luck.
CrimsonStarBlade chapter 5 . 7/1
why not have Meowth be captured by pokemon poacher(s)? this way when Jessie and James find him they can be together. After all, Meowth (from the anime) can talk to both pokemon and human.
P34644563 chapter 2 . 7/1
it's kind of wierd that you're referring to James's Growlithe as a girl. as in the anime I sort of remember the episode where James revealed he hade a Growlithe and I distinctly remember him using male pronouns when talking to his Growlithe. which makes me believe that his Growlithe was male and not female. and also heavily implies that it was male.