Reviews for Digital Knights
Ultimateblack chapter 12 . 9/16/2015
I just realised how much the drama between Curtis and Rosa was needed. Every other couple had discovered themselves but the two young ones. The scene with Davis and Kuri was just... I can't describe it well enough to do it justice. It was sweet, emotional, exciting at first, then to the first kiss which was also one of the defining moments in this story. Love it really.

I kind of glossed over the baddies part because I had read it before and it wasn't really impressive, to say the least. We have our mastermind, the merciless assassin who kills the corrupt detective for failing and almost taking out our heroes in the process. Then there's the eager Jade, assistant slash apprentice to the assassin who wants nothing more than to keep killing. They make a formidable duo. The exposition to the enemy was a necessary evil (sorry about the pun), they are planning something and the good guys don't know what it is yet. More will be revealed in due time, and the first stage of the war is about to begin...
Ultimateblack chapter 11 . 9/16/2015
The title is aptly named, and there are lots to talk about in this chapter too. I've never been to countries with winter climates before so I have never tried having a snowball fight. Usually I read about simple throwing and laughing, this is more interesting than others because they have various actions and reactions. They actually formed teams and had a little snowball WAR. That was cute. Jun is really observant, hence her badge. I mean others are observant too, but only she had the courage to ask Gennai for a festival to lighten up the atmosphere. I appreciate that a lot. Meanwhile, Davis and Kuri have finally realised their feelings for each other. Kuri was scared that she would take after her parents, which is understandable. Davis' midnight dilemma was real, and guys would really think that (I did). He was scared that his words changed the perspective of his best friend, and that's the risk of moving out of the friend zone. Beautifully done. And the final part just made my day every time I reread it. There is nothing better than a text from someone you love before bed. Sweet dreams Davis, you're going to be happier than you ever were in your whole life.
Ultimateblack chapter 9 . 9/15/2015
Well this certainly is a split reaction. The Original 8 are changing a lot, influenced by Matt and sucking up the glory. Their POVs (specifically Matt, Kari and Cody) are really interesting thoughts. Even cody too, growing up has made him more arrogant to the point where he questions the sanity of his grandfather. But still, he is the pure second generation and cares about them, trying to help find out about Davis and Tai. No surprise there. The battle scene for Kuri, Clara and Curtis felt a bit shoehorned. Just because there needs to be focus on the group and a way for Davis to repay his debt, an unnecessary combine fighting sequence had to be done. While it was enjoyable, it was predictable and forgettable. Not one of the better chapters in this story. After Davis' blood boiling tag fight, this three on three just feels... Tame. Nicely done but not too satisfactory. I'm looking forward to reading Tai's epic final battle (again). By the way, it's Oikawa, not oowikawa. It has been so many years already but hopefully you will drop by to fix this glaring mistake.
Ultimateblack chapter 8 . 9/14/2015
Hmm, very interesting. Kuri attempted Davis' forceful method of making a digimon evolve. Luckily she didn't turn out like Tai, getting Skullgreymon. That would have hit her hard. The two of them are still in the friendship stage, but it's not hard to see that they're falling for each other.
Ultimateblack chapter 7 . 9/14/2015
This part of the review is for the previous chapter. I reviewed it long ago I don't even remember it. Anyway I can't even begin to express how amazing this chapter was. It told realistic actions and reactions from the Knights, some backstory to Terence, Davis' development which got stunted for a while there due to Ahmed's taunting and the beginning of a bond so strong between kuri and Davis. The battle scenes were awesome, each character fought using all their abilities and I loved that. The cliffhanger was curious, and I liked the ending. Davis and kuri relying on each other... The guy leaning on the girl who he helped... Heartwarming to the max.

And for this chapter... I love the way everybody reacted to their results. They passed all of them, great. But Curtis... The smart guy doesn't even care. If I were him I would have started showing off so luckily I'm not. Digimon playing poker is a really good idea that I have to borrow. Maybe they won't play poker but something else. The concept of an ever changing digital realm environment is great, good job with that. Your range of vocabulary is tremendous as well. And finally, kuri isn't too excited about Peko's evolution because she lacks self esteem, another point to cover in the future. Nice.
Ultimateblack chapter 4 . 9/13/2015
Tk and kari, their love just falling into place. Unlike Davis and Kuri, whose friendship slowly builds up. And that's how a relationship grows. THAT is what being a best friend is about. Not just sharing secret but being able to pour your heart out, to share your deepest fears and regrets. Davis... The guy is just pure awesome. I have read many stories about him going through a lot of emotions but this is just great. I liked how you used the 'hope and light were meant to be' in this part. Usually when people say this, it's to deter Davis from getting in between. However, in this story it's already past, and it's to console (though barely) Davis that he could have acted better. Basically one of the strongest, most memorable scenes in this masterpiece. Loved it really much. Although one part was slightly off, when Davis couldn't figure out what snog means until later. Didn't nadia already tell him it means making out?
Anyways I love (and always will love) the interactions in this story. There's rivalry, friendship, love, good cop bad cop (the teachers), sibling closeness etc etc. If I were to imagine a group of people confined in a place to train for survival, learn and develop, this would be the prime example.
Ultimateblack chapter 3 . 9/10/2015
This is still one of the most complex, imaginative yet believable concepts I have ever come across. Wonderful!
Ultimateblack chapter 2 . 9/8/2015
Ooooh kay. All of it was incredible. Man, I sure love your pacing. The thoughts of each character are so deep and realistic. I can't possibly match up to that level of writing. At least not yet. I don't know if you will ever read this comment but I want to thank you for inspiring me to write my own fanfiction. This is the best of the best.

I certainly would like to learn how to describe a location, atmosphere, action, thought and scenery as well as you did. The kissing scene was... Well, visual. You wrote the emotions and expressions so well. I can really believe it. The good thing is your story is simple, yet extremely well written. Even the worst clichés can be turned into masterpieces with skills like yours. Perhaps one should spend too much time on thinking up plots and focus on the imagery instead...
Ultimateblack chapter 1 . 9/7/2015
This is like the 5th time I'm rereading this story and it just doesn't get old.

Let's see, you started off with Tai who tried to steal Matt's fiancée sora but sadly gets rejected. He is summoned for the mysterious D Academy by gennai for dubious reasons. I like how gennai chose to let Tai make his own decision instead of forcing it upon him, not that it matters anyway because he would have accepted it either way.
Next we have Kuri who doesn't think of the consequences before siccing Davis into the love scene between his rival and his crush. Now while it's questionable why she did it, she might have assumed that his reaction wouldn't be mightily negative since he seemed to be a blundering person who never takes things seriously.I believe she assumed he would probably barge in, ruin the moment and destroy their friendship. Kuri, you're lucky Davis took this badly and didn't act immaturely.
Then the Tai-Jun coupling. We have shippers but not enough stories out there. Glad that this is one and an excellent one at that. So, a fantastic start to a great story. Probably will reread again in the future, if I have the time.
Twotwentytwo chapter 34 . 8/5/2015
I've completely forgotten if I even reviewed this, but it deserved another if I haven't: This is still amazing.
Soulfire72 chapter 10 . 11/24/2014
Finally, Tai and Agumon got their turn! I had to laugh when Agumon leapt onto that Seadramon's back, it's just so typical. Though once again, the opponent got nicer when beaten by Tai, but at least he may not be a total douchebag...
One typo at the end - "Remember what I have told you and gird yourself." I think you meant guard instead of "gird".
Soulfire72 chapter 9 . 11/16/2014
Glad that Kuri could get her turn, though I find it a bit odd how well she does compared to her teammates. I also don't remember Peko doing much of anything. And why does everyone who fights in these battles trash talk while fighting but often change their tune when the battle is over? It kinda makes them feel generic.
A couple of spelling errors - Oikawa spelt Oowikawa, and Dumars instead of Dumbass. At least I think so. If it's not; who is this Dumars?
The placement of some of the scenes feel really strange. The first time I read about Tai, I feel like he's in the battle itself! I only came to the conclusion that he was observing from somewhere, given he was with Jun and Davis and others not in the battle; but this isn't really presented to us during the chapter. You might like to read this through the eyes of a reader and see if any other scene transitions stick out like this.
Soulfire72 chapter 8 . 11/11/2014
This chapter was pretty enjoyable in seeing how the champions forms and the humans would perform in this new world. There was only one thing I'm a bit confused about - when Davis and ExVeemon began flying away despite Enn's protests, there was no mention of time passing before Clara showed up when there should have been, given how many others digivolved in that time.
I'm happy the way the battle scene turned out, even though more of it was focused on Davis' new shield rather than anything else.
Soulfire72 chapter 7 . 11/11/2014
An enjoyable chapter; I can guess Kai Atuma has something to do with the "threat" Gennai talked about though I can't really guess what it really is. While I enjoyed the change in transitioning back to Odaiba, there's something off about the way Matt is. After seven years, I wouldn't have expected him to be so cold and not show a shred of sympathy or concern for Tai's situation even when exposed to his thought processes. Not to mention the petty jealousy he seems to be displaying in his thoughts; disturbingly similar to those he had of Tai in Adventure 01. As of 02 I thought he'd have mellowed out by now, and gotten past being "the same jerk he always was". Particularly shocking is this statement "Well, I don't. That tends to happen when a guys tries to steal your future wife." Isn't he a tad exaggerating what Tai did? Sure he may have been a bit immature and out of line, but the way Matt says this implies he's willing to throw their entire friendship away, and possibly forsake his crest, over Tai "hitting" on Sora. This makes him seem disproportionately possessive of her. This could at least be explained a little by him describing how he should be able to trust his friend, who betrayed that trust. And Matt, while he's allowed to be angry, should at least show signs that he and Tai aren't mortal enemies over a girl, and more asking why instead of assuming hostility. His interactions with Sora don't feel very natural as they keep bringing Tai into it, seemingly more about how Tai is ruining the relationship when the relationship itself doesn't have much going for it. Compared to Tai and Jun, which feels much better, I feel sorry for them. This might be due to preference, but for the story's sake of Sorato, you should put more effort into making it viable without harming the characters.
As for Cody, he seems... the same. Which is odd considering it's been seven years. Shouldn't he be in high school now? And a rather smart one at that. Not to mention there's no mention of Armadillomon at all... though given he doesn't have a further digivolution than champion that may be understandable.
After considering the dialogue thus far, most of it is good and well-written, but there are some odd words that keep showing up. Namely "also" at the end of sentences - this isn't something I can imagine anyone saying in casual conversation. It's not that frequent, but it is there. I also remember Matt referring to Sora's concern for Tai as "foolishness" - that's not something I'd imagine Matt would say out loud, and given the situation I'm surprised Sora didn't object to that statement that would imply her being foolish.
Soulfire72 chapter 6 . 11/5/2014
I liked the interactions between Terence and Rosa, even if they seemed a bit out of nowhere. I can't really remember any "hints" between them previously, but I'll roll with whatever you like here. I also liked how Kuri and Davis connected and gave him the conviction to continue and finish the battle.
Though... did Tai and Agumon ever have their battle? I don't think this is even mentioned in the last couple of chapters, and to be honest I was looking forward to that. I thought everyone was supposed to be participate.
However, the inclusions of Jason's goons is really starting to annoy me. Why are they even in this story? So many of their lines seem so overly, cheesily dickish or evil that I can't help but roll my eyes. Being a jerk for the sake of being a jerk; that I can't stand. I could at least respect an antagonist for having good reasons for doing what they do, but these goons have almost no personality beyond being jackasses and I have no idea why they care so much for showing up the mirror characters. (Sigh). I hope they die horribly at some point, at least then I'll be rid of them. I hope Enn physically struck and screams "TALKING IS NOT A FREE ACTION YOU ASSHOLES."