Reviews for Digital Knights
Soulfire72 chapter 10 . 11/24/2014
Finally, Tai and Agumon got their turn! I had to laugh when Agumon leapt onto that Seadramon's back, it's just so typical. Though once again, the opponent got nicer when beaten by Tai, but at least he may not be a total douchebag...
One typo at the end - "Remember what I have told you and gird yourself." I think you meant guard instead of "gird".
Soulfire72 chapter 9 . 11/16/2014
Glad that Kuri could get her turn, though I find it a bit odd how well she does compared to her teammates. I also don't remember Peko doing much of anything. And why does everyone who fights in these battles trash talk while fighting but often change their tune when the battle is over? It kinda makes them feel generic.
A couple of spelling errors - Oikawa spelt Oowikawa, and Dumars instead of Dumbass. At least I think so. If it's not; who is this Dumars?
The placement of some of the scenes feel really strange. The first time I read about Tai, I feel like he's in the battle itself! I only came to the conclusion that he was observing from somewhere, given he was with Jun and Davis and others not in the battle; but this isn't really presented to us during the chapter. You might like to read this through the eyes of a reader and see if any other scene transitions stick out like this.
Soulfire72 chapter 8 . 11/11/2014
This chapter was pretty enjoyable in seeing how the champions forms and the humans would perform in this new world. There was only one thing I'm a bit confused about - when Davis and ExVeemon began flying away despite Enn's protests, there was no mention of time passing before Clara showed up when there should have been, given how many others digivolved in that time.
I'm happy the way the battle scene turned out, even though more of it was focused on Davis' new shield rather than anything else.
Soulfire72 chapter 7 . 11/11/2014
An enjoyable chapter; I can guess Kai Atuma has something to do with the "threat" Gennai talked about though I can't really guess what it really is. While I enjoyed the change in transitioning back to Odaiba, there's something off about the way Matt is. After seven years, I wouldn't have expected him to be so cold and not show a shred of sympathy or concern for Tai's situation even when exposed to his thought processes. Not to mention the petty jealousy he seems to be displaying in his thoughts; disturbingly similar to those he had of Tai in Adventure 01. As of 02 I thought he'd have mellowed out by now, and gotten past being "the same jerk he always was". Particularly shocking is this statement "Well, I don't. That tends to happen when a guys tries to steal your future wife." Isn't he a tad exaggerating what Tai did? Sure he may have been a bit immature and out of line, but the way Matt says this implies he's willing to throw their entire friendship away, and possibly forsake his crest, over Tai "hitting" on Sora. This makes him seem disproportionately possessive of her. This could at least be explained a little by him describing how he should be able to trust his friend, who betrayed that trust. And Matt, while he's allowed to be angry, should at least show signs that he and Tai aren't mortal enemies over a girl, and more asking why instead of assuming hostility. His interactions with Sora don't feel very natural as they keep bringing Tai into it, seemingly more about how Tai is ruining the relationship when the relationship itself doesn't have much going for it. Compared to Tai and Jun, which feels much better, I feel sorry for them. This might be due to preference, but for the story's sake of Sorato, you should put more effort into making it viable without harming the characters.
As for Cody, he seems... the same. Which is odd considering it's been seven years. Shouldn't he be in high school now? And a rather smart one at that. Not to mention there's no mention of Armadillomon at all... though given he doesn't have a further digivolution than champion that may be understandable.
After considering the dialogue thus far, most of it is good and well-written, but there are some odd words that keep showing up. Namely "also" at the end of sentences - this isn't something I can imagine anyone saying in casual conversation. It's not that frequent, but it is there. I also remember Matt referring to Sora's concern for Tai as "foolishness" - that's not something I'd imagine Matt would say out loud, and given the situation I'm surprised Sora didn't object to that statement that would imply her being foolish.
Soulfire72 chapter 6 . 11/5/2014
I liked the interactions between Terence and Rosa, even if they seemed a bit out of nowhere. I can't really remember any "hints" between them previously, but I'll roll with whatever you like here. I also liked how Kuri and Davis connected and gave him the conviction to continue and finish the battle.
Though... did Tai and Agumon ever have their battle? I don't think this is even mentioned in the last couple of chapters, and to be honest I was looking forward to that. I thought everyone was supposed to be participate.
However, the inclusions of Jason's goons is really starting to annoy me. Why are they even in this story? So many of their lines seem so overly, cheesily dickish or evil that I can't help but roll my eyes. Being a jerk for the sake of being a jerk; that I can't stand. I could at least respect an antagonist for having good reasons for doing what they do, but these goons have almost no personality beyond being jackasses and I have no idea why they care so much for showing up the mirror characters. (Sigh). I hope they die horribly at some point, at least then I'll be rid of them. I hope Enn physically struck and screams "TALKING IS NOT A FREE ACTION YOU ASSHOLES."
Soulfire72 chapter 5 . 11/4/2014
Well, this was a lot of fun. I enjoyed Rosa's fight a bit more than Terence's, as there was less trash-talking and more action. Enn's reaction to them being cordial seems a little typical, I guess.
While Terence's fight was more exciting, it does seem a bit childish, the way both of them continued to cuss each other even when at each other's mercy. It's as if talking is a free action...
Anyway, you've piqued my interest in Terence's past; makes me wonder if he's meant to be a knight or not if he loses control so easily.
Soulfire72 chapter 4 . 11/3/2014
This chapter was pretty much development on Davis on Kuri's part, like you said at the beginning. It was interesting to see all those students running around without apparent guidance, much like some familiar school setting I know well... and yet sometimes it doesn't feel right. I wonder if Gennai and the others are being so secretive about the future for a reason, as often it feels like he's being unhelpfully vague when it's very important to the students, given they had to leave the real world for two weeks (or more, who knows) for this. Jason's posse and appearance felt ridiculous and unnecessary, but I'm pretty sure they're here to stay, at least for a while.
The beginning scene felt welcome as it focused on main characters outside the four going into the academy, but sometimes I felt their dialogue a bit strange. Matt seemed a little too dismissive of Tai; even if he says he doesn't care he should at least be described as worried on the inside - surely something like him and Tai's disagreements shouldn't stop him from caring about Tai at all. It's also hard to keep track of the digimon who've been given nicknames, given that when they talk, no description is given of how they react or making peculiar expressions with their "unique" body structure.
One last thing is that the beginning scene didn't have much description of where the characters were or what they were doing at the time.
Soulfire72 chapter 3 . 10/29/2014
Hmm... introducing a bully-stereotype is both expected and unexpected. Given the setting, I'm not surprised that Jason Smith exists, but the way he was introduced was so... blank. My impression of him is that he's a conceited, snobby, idiot son-of-a-bitch who has no reason to be acting so uppity. Just because his lackey's shields resemble important traits, why's that reason to call Tai's friends worthless over it? I don't understand what the purpose of this guy is. His lackeys are also relatively blank and faceless with no real introductions of their own, and the digimon themselves did nothing. I hope this guy doesn't become a presence that I'll simply hate and wish wasn't there when reading.
A couple of continuity errors - when Tai is talking to Willis, why does Tai seem to have no idea of the events of the second movie? You'd think Davis or TK or someone would have told him about what happened to Willis. Another thing - wasn't Kokomon/Wendigomon male, not female? You could at least mention in an author's note why Lopmon is a she instead of a he. The digimon are starting to feel like clutter apart from Agumon and Veemon... neither Terriermon nor Lopmon really did anything in their scene.
I'm not sure what to think of the humans' using digimon attacks. On one hand, it sounds extremely useful and not make the humans seem like dead weight in combat. On the other, it makes me think the digimon will be relegated even further if they're not much more than fighting machines against the currently unknown threat. However, I do like the way you implemented the digivice class with more detail into their functions and how they worked; I look forward to seeing how they use these features.
I'm rather skeptic about the looming, serious threat that Gennai believes is coming. I'm guessing it's going to have something to do with the Demon Lords, but Gennai choosing Jackasses like Jason Smith to help I'm not sure how it's going to end up when the fighting starts. Enn is probably right about some of the students... now if only he'd smack down on those who really deserve it.
Soulfire72 chapter 2 . 10/28/2014
I like the feel for this story so far - the sort of boarding school, making friends, discussing teachers - in the digimon context. Again, I liked most of the dialogue though it was sometimes difficult to keep up with exactly who was speaking and what they were doing during the conversation, as well as the exact place they were - as far as I remember, most of it was inside the main hall? I'm quite interested in this dimension Gennai had created.
Speaking of Gennai, his explanation for his entire motivation went right over my head. Are past real world historical characters really involved? The two paragraphs of description he gave didn't seem enough; I was half expecting Davis at least to simply go "whaaaaaat" and have Kuri explain it in a way that made much more sense.
And as for Tai and Jun... still feels way too quick. Even if you want to focus on action for most of this, you have fifty chapters, and for things to get so, uh... serious in just two seems a bit much. It's clear that you put a lot of effort into writing the romance itself, but the lack of buildup just makes it feel rather unnatural. Given that Tai/Jun's relationship is strongly implied to be anything but, it feels out of place. I was also a little confused as to where they were when they kissed; I was under the impression they were looking through windows at each other.
One typo at the beginning: you have "A extremely yellow sun" rather than "An extremely yellow sun".
Soulfire72 chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
Well, this is interesting so far. It's one of the few Adventure fics that hasn't left me bored yet. Your writing style is... well, elegant. The description and internal thought processes seem to be in just the right places, and the dialogue sections flow well without too much blocky reaction descriptions.
I would say that the characters so far are "in-character" but given that - what, seven years have passed? They have changed a little, which makes sense. Tai seems bit more toned down, same as Davis. Though this might just come from their respective rejections. That's one of the few criticisms I have, really - the rejections seem to be a bit heavy on the emotional side. After so many years, you'd think both of them would have an inkling that they're respective love interests won't work out so well. At least they're resolved.
And that's another problem I have. The pairings have progressed so quickly in the first chapter. I feel like your development of the pairings would be more appreciated if they didn't start out so obvious - in addition to the mentioned pairings in the summary. I'm not sure if this is to avoid butthurt fans of conflicting pairings (which I'm guessing is the reason) but I suppose this is a legitimate concern in the world of fanfiction. I prefer to leave the pairings ambiguous for a while, but that's just me.
A couple of minor things - Sparks/Elecmon? I think a bit more elaboration on why/how Jun just gave him the name would have shed some light on them becoming partners. Maybe a more descriptive flashback of them speaking, instead of retelling? Also, if Elecmon/Sparks just leaves the Primary village, who's going to take care of the digi-eggs? He'd need some sort of replacement; or you could say the eggs don't need looking after anymore (though given this new threat that seems unlikely).
And from what I've gathered, two weeks a year in the digital world? That might be plausible in 01 but in 02, to me, the times between the two worlds seemed a lot more equal. Perhaps you could add in a short justification from Gennai as to why the time synchronisation changed again?
Despite myself, I enjoyed reading this. I like Kuri as I tend to like characters who don't beat around the bush and who show high intelligence. Though I'm a bit confused as to why neither Tai nor Davis seemed at all confused or put off by her intelligent-speak. Have they just gotten smarter, I wonder? Looking forward to reading more.
MagcargoAustin chapter 1 . 10/25/2014
NO 1 out of 10 should of been miracles not perseverance denied not going any farther
Ultimateblack chapter 6 . 6/14/2014
Wow up to this chapter and I'm enthralled by your storytelling. I can't help but wonder where you got your inspiration. Ender's game? Hunger Games? Battle Royale? Or even possibly Yugioh GX?
TheInsideous chapter 34 . 2/12/2014
This is an EXCELLENT story. It's nice and long (shut it, perverts) and very interesting with a LOT of twists. The reaction from the Digidestines when they saw the new team's powers was priceless, exactly what I had expected. I like how you paired Davis with Kuri. While I am a DaiKari fan, I do highly prefer DavisxOC.
DarkBalance chapter 34 . 1/24/2014
I just have, have, have HAVE to tell you just how much I loved this story. I mean, seriously. Normally I stay away from stories where an OC is one of the main characters, but "Digital Knights" just kept catching my eye until I finally gave in and clicked the link.

You had my attention from the first sentence. Like, seriously. I mean, sure, I was still a bit skeptical and unsure whether I would really like it, but you'd set a mood with just those five words and I just felt like, 'I want to see where this is going.'

I enjoyed how you put so much in a chapter, and almost none of it was filler. Two or three chapters in I felt like I'd read six or seven of them. It was slightly annoying that it took me an hour to read each chapter - I'm serious, I've checked - but I never resented it. I feel like the entire concept of something more than just a DigiDestined existed, and you did it creatively and logically. I've read stories where Daisuke suddenly has all these super powers, normally when he turns dark, but there's no real reason how he gets these abilities. You actually took all of the unknown and undefined information about the bond between the DigiDestined and their digimon, and made it something more than I'm sure most people would have thought. I kind of wish that they could have moved on to not having to use the suits at all, but if they're something like a digivice, and digimon can't rapid-digivolve without their partner's digivice, then oh, well.

I love how all of the relationships developed. I kind of don't like that suddenly everyone was all "oh, I love you!" but Jun's comment justified all of that, and I'm kind of a cynic when it comes to romantic relationships anyway. Terrence was, hands-down, my favorite character out of all of them. I mean, he was just so freaking REAL it was ridiculous. Like, I could imagine knowing someone like him, I'm SIMILAR to him and how he's always making these wise-cracks even in the most serious of situations. I mean, I could tell he was a black guy. I don't say that to offend or to sound like an asshole or anything, I mean, I'm black, from a black family, lived in a black neighborhood. That's a compliment, really. ALL of your characters were real, but Terrence, to me, was the most real and most accurate.

You don't have nearly enough favorites, follows, or reviews.

I would also really love to see your sequel. It's been about a year since you last posted/edited, so I'll give you another year or two before it gets posted xD Honestly, I'd love for it to involve Digidestined other than the Chosen Eight. They were a lot of fun, and have special places in my heart, but you write thirty-three chapters and an epilogue about them, they've kind of run their course. It would be more interesting to see more of Nadia, Jonathan, Hikari, Takeru, Miyako and Ken. Kado and the other Green Room kids. Iori and Noriko... Yeah, it would be awesome if you expanded on some of the other characters instead of just those eight... Oh, but I do love Daisuke so dag-on much!

Anyway, I have you in my community and on alert. I would have reviewed every chapter, but I read this story on my cheap minute-phone over the weekend when I had no real internet. I hope everything is going well for you and that this review makes you smile at least a little bit _
TheBurnedMan chapter 34 . 12/7/2012
Well, I just registered there to let you know this fic is a masterpiece (You ROCK!) and read it ravenously in about two weeks and I loved every chapter of the history: the OCs, the pairings, the plot and the plot twists, everything was so perfect and because of that I want to thank you for writing such a great piece of literature and giving me one hell of a story to read and so much pure joy. I'm really interested in the prospect in you writing the sequel, and frankly could wait, but please, if you have news of it post them! Meanwhile, I think I can reread this epic work all over again.