Reviews for 12 Songs by Willie Nelson
GreenAndZen chapter 12 . 10/2/2016
This was EXCELLENT.

I teared up. I could feel the ache when Hyde finally felt Jackie's physical presence.

You have an unbelievable talent of using the simplest of words in the most magical way to leave the reader in knots.

There may have been humor, angst and sadness but love conquered this story. So amazing.

And the incorporation of country music augmented the feel of the story and gave us an easier view into Hyde's lovesick mind.

Reading this was a very heartfelt and soulful experience. I know I will come back to it over the years hoping to get drawn in completely like I just was.
GreenAndZen chapter 11 . 10/2/2016
Girl, you can write alright. This journey was all kinds of beautiful. The summer of soul-searching for the basement's best lovers.

I have no words. Maybe I can come up with something when I'm done. But I'm not sure. You have managed to put me in a JH dream for 11 chapters straight without a break.
GreenAndZen chapter 10 . 10/2/2016
Girl, you nailed Michael Kelso. As in, his character. Lol. I am enjoying every word of this story. Usually, I don't read too much into conversations between other characters except the JH goodness. But you have a way of making all the characters extra lovable with their sincerity, humor and maturity while preserving their core attitude. Never thought I'd like reading a dialogue between Jackie and Kelso.

I am sad that the story is coming to a close. But for now, two more chapters. Yay.
GreenAndZen chapter 9 . 10/2/2016
Thank you Zeke for sponsoring the most romantic conversation yet between my favourite couple!

I just melted when Hyde freaked out when Jackie finally called. And the hell the poor boy went through without getting to talk to her.

What a great chapter!
GreenAndZen chapter 7 . 10/2/2016
"She wouldn't go to Alabama with him. She probably wouldn't cross the street with him now". Lololol

You have a knack for sneaking in humour in unexpected places.

Like the little scene with the bartender. And Eric's panic at the mention of shotguns.
GreenAndZen chapter 6 . 10/2/2016
When your level of pissed exceeds the acceptable figure, you know you are truly invested in the story and it's beautiful but sometimes stupid characters.

Wake up, Hyde!
GreenAndZen chapter 5 . 10/2/2016
I am neck-deep in this lovely summer romance over the phone.

Jackie loves herself the most. So screw what Hyde wants. She should go back like she wants to!
GreenAndZen chapter 4 . 10/2/2016
I am drowning in the fluff! This chapter killed me with the hope, laughter, love, fear and sorrow. Can't get enough!
GreenAndZen chapter 3 . 10/2/2016
Aww. Steven Hyde. Why should you be a fictional character and ruin everything?

Your writing of his vulnerability is so beautiful. My heart goes out to him. Just want to give him a big bear hug.

The little spat at the hotel was hilarious!
GreenAndZen chapter 2 . 10/2/2016
My little broody brood!

And thank you for planting the thought of Hyde working out in my head. Way too hot.

Loving Hyde getting more at ease while saying the words Jackie aches to hear.

On to the next chapter.
GreenAndZen chapter 1 . 10/2/2016
I am on cloud JH right now. I really like where this story is going. Especially since the story completely focuses on their conversations which I love. Without the distraction of having their bodies next to each other. Oh, the explosion that kind of proximity can cause.
RockyPointer chapter 2 . 5/17/2016
The story has the copied lyrics of "Mendocino County Line" by Willie Nelson, it breaks the following part of the Content Guidelines:

Actions not allowed:
3. Copying from a previously published work (including musical lyrics) not in the public domain.

Please remove all of the copied lyrics from your story before someone can use them as evidence in their abuse reports.

And in case you're wondering when and why that rule is made, here is the background information. Back on April 27, 2005, the admins put this message on the front page regarding songfics:

In addition, [this site] would like to address a growing problem. For whatever reason, some writers feel it's okay to copy-n-paste musical lyrics they have not written into their fiction. If you did not write it, do not post it. This has always been our policy. Please remove these entries immediately to avoid account closure.

Keep in mind that "public domain" means something that has expired intellectual properties, like Shakespearean works. And disclaimers don't cut it for song lyrics. Not even changing a few words from the original song will be enough.
RockyPointer chapter 1 . 5/17/2016
The story is good, but since it has the copied lyrics of "Maria" by Rob Thomas, it breaks the following part of the Content Guidelines:

Actions not allowed: