Reviews for Nocturne
Durandall chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
I'm surprised I never reviewed this. This is one of your two best fanfics by far, and easily my favorite among them.

The story contains a fair amount of dramatic tension, growth spread evenly across the cast, great humor, and the new characters are handled compellingly. I can only hope that some day you write more like this, as it's one of my favorite fics.
Nightcrawler2000 chapter 6 . 4/30/2006
Nightcrawler2000 chapter 3 . 4/30/2006
goku chapter 6 . 8/4/2005
its been along time sense i reread this fic its as good now as it was then but anyways i still think it could use continueing in maybe a sequal and i would like to see a story of this calaber where ranma does end up with more than one girl most fics where ranma ends up with more than one girl are very low quaility
Son AlFu chapter 6 . 7/12/2004
You writing style blows me away. You give a realisitic spin to Ranma fanfiction that not many people can pull of and still make enjoyable. I like how you fixed much of the conflicts without making it seem forced. You even made a new character, Kaede without making her part of the background or the main one and I find the balance impressive. I've already read this story three times through and would have reviewed before if I knew you accepted nonmember reviews.

The only thing I would have liked differently is more with Kasumi because her role did become larger in the end when she choose to take over the Tendo fiance role.

Other than that, you have done a great just like Cold Wind Blows. I know you're more of a R/S writer but I thank you for writing one with Ranma and Ukyo. There are so few good ones out there and trust me, I have looked. Go Ranma/Ukyo! Anyway, I look forward to the sequel and any new writings that you produce. Keep up the good work.
Katie chapter 6 . 6/29/2004
Wow! This was one great story! I was kinda sad when I found out that Ranma had lost *all* of his water powers, but at the same time it gives him a chance to grow more powerful without them. The way that you came up with that allowed Ranma to get out of the marrage with Shampoo, is perhaps one of the most realistic and well thought out takes on that that I have ever read! One of the best things about this story is that it takes all of the engagements seriously. I really enjoyed reading this story!
KoalaKiller chapter 6 . 5/31/2004
Hey mate,

Thought I'll post my final comments here.

As usual, your writing is as perfect in spelling and grammer as it always is. But... the final chapter seemed to go against the Ranma 1/2 theme too much. Though I don't mind authors wrapping up plots, you seem to go overboard and except for the Amazons, there isn't anything left that could cause chaos in Ranma's life.

That's one of the main reason the series is so popular, its the insane plotlines and crazness that the guy goes through without any light at the end of the tunnel. And the way chapter 6 was written, it gives off the impression of just forgetting everything thats gone on in the last 5 chapters and lets end it happy ever after.

Would a relationship between Ukyo and Ranma work? who knows really. True, they knew each other at an early age but personally I look at her as his best friend, his Ucchan (or as I like to think of them, sibllings).

A sequal? I doubt you could put together enough of a plot to make one. With nearly all the plots finished with, and I doubt you want to make this into something like White Rose... I would be happy if this little series ended here and let us readers just imagine what could have been.

Anyways, it was a enjoyable series mostly and look forward to more of your work.

anonymous chapter 1 . 5/11/2004
Wow! Took me 4 whole days just to read up to this point. Excellent story. I got sorta worried when ranma got his powers, glad you didn't keep him like that. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Happosai-sama chapter 6 . 5/10/2004
bravo, very well done. I look forward to reading your next story as I enjoyed this one from begining to end.
ShadowBakaSama chapter 6 . 5/9/2004
A very nice story. Very well writen. I was a bit surprized that it seems to be done from the anime rather than the manga. I really liked Kaori and Kaede and they're techniques. At first I didn't like Ukyo's magic power-up, but you didn't let it get too out of hand. I also missed having Ukyo and Kodachi fighting with the other fiancees.
I'm surprized that Ukyo didn't try her spiritual powers on the Neko-ken.
I didn't like that fact that Ranma hid out at Ucchan's for three weeks. Staying with her would be OK, but skipping school and hiding from everyone?
Nodoka is another plot hole, as soon as Ranma had cured his curse he would be out the door to see MOM.
beege chapter 6 . 5/9/2004
Damn. This is some seriously fine writing. White Rose is good, but fairly straightforward in plot and characterisation. Nocturne is something else again. I've encountered literally dozens of continuations for Ranma 1/2 but I'm not exaggerating when I say that none of them deal with the complex web of obligations that Ranma's caught up in with the depth, thoroughness or sophistication that Nocturne does. So often Ranma's problems get brushed over so the author can send him on some adventure they've dreamed up, or Ranma simply challenges and defeats everyone (again) before just up and marrying Akane, as though that would actually solve anything on its own. You deserve credit for a more realistic, credible assessment of what Ranma would actually have to do to be 'free'. Credit to you as well for being smart enough to take Ranma's new abilities away from him.
I don't think a sequel to Nocturne is really necessary at all, save that it would be interesting to see what happens to Akane. She seems to have actually regressed in this story and I would be fascinated to see your concept of what she would have to go through to actually mature as a person.
dogbertcarroll chapter 6 . 5/9/2004
Now that was worth waiting for.
Great chapter.
I always figured Happi was kinda unbalanced.
Most of what he did that made Ranma's life
hell was what he would consider decent training.
Look at what he put the fathers through.
I figure at points he did do unusually harsh
and possibly unreversible things to Ranma because
he got too caught up in his role as pervert #1
and forgot why he was doing it.
goku chapter 6 . 5/8/2004
this is not a good spot to end it i really want to see this continued till at least they defeat happosai
and maybe a little more
Timid chapter 6 . 5/8/2004
The first three or four chapters of this fic were excellent. The introduction of Ukyo and the magical aspects dropped the enjoyment level a lot. Then finally the ending just plain dissapointed. The writing was impeccable throughout, being you're strongest point. But in the end it was the actual story itself that turned into a bit of a letdown.
It seemed you spent half the story setting up a really interesting situation, and then the rest diffusing it in a way that made everyone happy. That all but completely robbed the fic of any emotional impact it may have had. Reading the last chapter it felt I wasn't reading about real characters. They were only cardboard cutouts, handled in a way that wouldn't cause a stir to the dynamics of the main pretetermined relationships.
The whole thing ended with a whimper.
JohnnyG chapter 5 . 4/2/2004
This story is excellent. You have a very nice writing style and from a technical standpoint it's almost flawless. I only have two suggestions, take them or leave them at will. First, you might want to consider smaller chapters. While I certainly don't mind, as other reviewers pointed out, you might get more response that way. Second, and I can only say this because it's something that I struggle with too (and has been pointed out to me repeatedly), but you should really stick to a single POV per scene. You do a decent job making sure we know who is thinking what at a given moment, but sometimes it's not always cut and dry. Maybe it's just a style thing, but many have repeatedly tried to beat it into my head not to switch POVs like that within a scene. But both of these are really just nitpicks. I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of your story. Keep up the excellent work!
59 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »