Reviews for Autumn's Requiem
mossysnakes chapter 4 . 5/15/2006
that wuz like...awesum! it should seriously hav mor comments i LOVED that!
Leia Wood aka Cascadia chapter 4 . 7/29/2004
This is such a sad story; Frodo, broken and tormented by the quest. He stepped aside, nobly, beforehand, as he realized Sam's motives, and remains resolved (or resigned?) to give Sam and Rose a future filled with the things he can now never have. The story's tender rendering only steeps it more in tragedy. Beautiful!

LustfulHobbitLass chapter 2 . 11/10/2003
Gosh! This is just the fanfiction I look for. It turned me on badly..gosh I need a cold shower now. I just pictured myself as Rose. M... Gosh I want Frodo!
Rose Sared chapter 4 . 9/12/2003
I just had to send a reveiw for this even though its been posted a while. Aratlithiel has been so kind about my stuff which is out of her usual reading that I sorta returned the favour, to my great good fortune. You are both most, most talented with a lovely turn of phrase and a tender touch with tender subjects.

How neat now I can go and read Ariel's other stuff too, I really needed another must read author (Not) Ha ha.

thanks for your talents

heartofahobbit chapter 4 . 7/23/2003
Outstanding...not only filled with passion but a picture of the nobility and warmth that Frodo had as he lived the life of a gentlehobbit...and of the gift he bequeathed to Sam...spirit and light...tremendous writing...flowing images imbued with honor and subtle references to the glories of friendship
Gypsie Rose chapter 1 . 7/13/2003
Oh my.

Just RIP my heart out, why don't you?

Chapter 2 was indeed extremely hot (fans self), but I can hardly stand to think about it now in light of what comes after.

At first I thought it was a bit sad for Sam to be the leftover, practical choice; but then I decided that made sense since he had been shutting himself off from Rose for quite a while.

Lovely writing, lovely plotting, great sex scene, great angst.
Pervy hobbit fancier chapter 4 . 7/1/2003
I really liked this story and am thankful that I finally found a decent Frodo romance fic that isn't slash. But I'm surprised hasn't taken it down yet. I wrote stories that are milder than this even and they took them down because they said they went above the R rating. What's up with that?
Pearl chapter 4 . 7/1/2003
At long last have finally got round to reading Chapter 4.

It's the brilliant characterisation of Rose which makes this whole story work and hang together so well.

And as well as being extremely hot, Frodo also speaks and behaves like the gentlehobbit he is.

The story moves effortlessly from elegant eroticism to equally elegant angst.

Well done, both of you. Looking forward to 'Linden and Laurel'.
Quicksilver chapter 4 . 7/1/2003
Ah, the Angst Maven strikes describe poor Frodo's suffering so well that I almost wish it *had* all ended for him at Mount Doom.

"You stood in its way and protected him" I never thought of it that way before but , Yes, Frodo did do that didnt he?

Thank you for making me think of new aspects in the familiar story.

Heres to a long and fruitful writing partnership.
Trust No One chapter 4 . 6/30/2003
I was so sorry to see this fic finished, but I'm waiting anxiously for Linden and Laurel. My question is: does Sam know about what went on between Rosie and Frodo? My mind sometimes gets deliciously out of hand - sorry... Btw, I've posted a new fic called 'Memory of Trust', check it out if you have time!
MBradford chapter 4 . 6/29/2003
Very nice, Ariel. Sad, but so sweet, and such a good read! Rosie, Sam and Frodo are all very fortunate to have been part of each others' lives.
endymion2 chapter 4 . 6/29/2003
If I wrote this with ink on paper it would be unreadable by now. When the sequel comes up I’ll know better and provide me with a pile of handkerchiefs.

I was wondering how you were going to insert „sexual content“ to this part of the story, but you managed as beautifully as always.

„He had been a jewel, a treasure of nobility, honor and passion, and now he was a charred husk whose fire burned low under a mantle of ash. Hobbitkind would likely never know how much they had lost in this one brave and beautiful soul.“

„Where his eyes had once held a twinkling dance of fire, there was now only the emptiness and pain. Where once she had been privy to the depths of his soul, she now saw that those reaches had been plundered, stripped bare and forsaken“

„It was the cry of a child forlorn or of one who has lost everything he ever loved.“

Loneliness must have been a very private sorrow for him because he had never, in her memory or experience, even hinted that he was troubled by it.

„I do love Mr. Frodo, but it’s not that kind of love anymore. He's as far past needing that as the stars are above my head, but he's done me a kindness; and I'll probably always love him for it.“

These are of course not the „sexual“ parts but I loved them anyway.

"Lor, don't look so shocked, girl!"- What is „Lor“ ?
aelfgifu chapter 4 . 6/29/2003
OH- I bet that third one will be a tearjerker-as I suspect the grey havens will be involved in some way!

thank you for writing back and for creating this story with Aratlithiel. I always thought that there was a definite lacuna when it came to Sam Rosie and Frodo, as Sam truely did Love frodo, and rosie truely loved Sam. I was happy to see they way you included frodo's stay at the Cottons as well, as the book says very little of it. TOlkien understood the way that families and communities weaved themselves together in pre-modern times, so it would be natural for the cottons to take in the best friend of their daughters suitor and care for him like family. And the interchange between rose and her mother was lovely and true. These characters, some of them left underdrawn and 2 dimensional in the book are flushed out to full proportions by you and Carole. This is just an extrordinary fic and I think you should post it everywhere so that people can see the full measure of what fan fiction can be.

and thank you for following Ring Around the MErry. Thanks to seasoned writers 's comments and, of course, Aratlithiel, I think has become a much better fic over time, and I a much better writer! great job you two!

aelfgifu chapter 3 . 6/28/2003
I think the thing that makes this story so special is the way it combines one of the most vibrant and intense sex scenes with the gentle and bittersweet reality of Frodo's quest. I really just think this tale is truelu, greatly unique and fleshes out Rose as a beleivable 3-D character -an opportunity we do not have in the pages of Tolkien's masterpiece. So thank you-and on to chapter 4!

Regina L chapter 4 . 6/28/2003
What an exquisite and delicate expression of the different kinds of love one can feel for more than one person. I think this is by far the finest exploration of the complex ties between Rosie, Sam, & Frodo I have read. My congratulations to both of you for a magnificent performance in writing this.
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »