Reviews for Change of Heart
Bright Promise chapter 15 . 1/14
Adventure, drama, awkwardness, romance and humour. A very good story too. Thank you for sharing.
Allytb420 chapter 14 . 12/26/2021
This Gil is different than so many other Gilberts and I LOVE him! (Although it may be impossible to not love him.) What a wonderful story!
jakie016 chapter 15 . 12/16/2021
Aw I really enjoyed this story, such a cute wholesome tale. Keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 15 . 8/14/2021
He was a reminder for her to stay true! Oh how I’ve loved this story. Thanks so much for writing it for us and sharing your rare talent. I hope you’ll write something again soon. Thank you! X
Guest chapter 14 . 8/14/2021
This was wonderful! I loved the pearl and the whole new world. Your writing is amazing!
Guest chapter 13 . 8/14/2021
That chapter was adorable! They’re courting it’s so perfect now I love Gilbert Blythe so much.
Guest chapter 12 . 8/14/2021
Has gil seen the mittens? Is he finally going to propose now?
Guest chapter 11 . 8/14/2021
Ooohh I just love it!
Guest chapter 10 . 8/14/2021
Di is pregnant! I wonder if she’s right and Gilbert will speak again?
Guest chapter 9 . 8/14/2021
Gosh that water must’ve been freezing cold! I’m glad that bird finally escaped so they could light a fire. I loved how they kept themselves warm ;)
Guest chapter 8 . 8/14/2021
Haha ‘nice of you to notice this time’. That made me laugh. I also liked proud obstinate infuriating man. ;)
Did you really just write this so they’re stranded on a block of ice? I love it!
Guest chapter 7 . 8/14/2021
The poor mail is having a hard time! First it got wet and now Anne’s splashed wine all over it! OMG Gilbert is SKATING after Anne!? I can’t wait to see what happens when he catches up with her!
noraborealis chapter 15 . 8/14/2021
that was a delightful end to a delightful tale! and now, as promised, here is my in-depth, end of story review.

first of all, massive kudos to you for not just making roy an obstacle to anne and gilbert getting together, or the point in the love triangle that everyone wanted out. that's the easy path to take, but he was honestly just so endearing in this story. i loved that he and anne ended on good terms at convocation.

and anne and gilbert! they were so in character, while there also being another layer of depth in each of them to explore. their romance felt a bit more realistic in this. Although I imagine most of us don't get stranded on an iceberg in the middle of a strait with our academic rival-turned friend-turned rejected suitor (or maybe most people do and my life's just really boring), their feelings and realization of them felt very true to life.

as previously mentioned, i loved the patty's place girls, and also diana! oh, and marilla, too! what i did not mention was that i appreciated Margit Blythe so much in this story. even though she only made a very brief appearance, the bit about her norwegian heritage and the mitten tradition was very intriguing, and woven in so well. everyone has their own take on this character (who has exceptionally little canon characterization) so good job on that

i also liked the character of murtagh a lot. funny story, as a big fan of gaelic and irish names, i decided to look up his obviously celtic name to check out his origins. and so i found the meaning "skilled in the ways of the sea" and the story about "Murtagh of the Leather Cloak" who went to sea in the middle of winter to fight off vikings. very well played!

finally, as someone who has trouble writing without having a planned out every last detail beforehand, i am extremely impressed by you saying in your author's note that you come up with your stories as you write. even so, the plot feels so well structured, there are no loose ends, and bits from the beginning crept through the end.

overall, marvelous job!
noraborealis chapter 14 . 8/14/2021
wow- so much to process!

they're engaged! so exciting! that being said, i actually enjoyed that their courtship didn't play out like a fairytale romance, if that makes sense. they still have so much more to learn about each other, and i am so glad you brought that to light. that being said, the romantic bit at the end made me giddy.

priss and roy is one i never saw coming, but it works rather well. although, i admit to being a bit disappointed that you didn't have any hints of the priss/stella pairing that i remember from redmond diaries. but that's a small quibble, and one based on personal taste!

time for the final chapter :)
noraborealis chapter 13 . 8/14/2021
such a satisfying way for them to get together!