Reviews for Wisdom Long Obscured
sassyfriend chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
I like this
Lia Whyteleafe chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
I love this story. It has an almost ethereal beauty to it. You've definitely won my respect.
Sachita chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Wonderfully-done. Your portrayal of Celeborn was wonderfully accurate- I have rarely seen one as good as yours. People tend to overlook him, because they focus more on his wife, but he is an intriguing character in his own right and he shouldn't be forgotten. I think you captured him really well and the advice that he gave to Aragorn certainly made him live up to his title- Celeborn the Wise. Thank you for this story!
greywing chapter 1 . 4/23/2007
I think I need a hanky...
spiritstallion chapter 1 . 4/14/2006
I really like this story. Very good!
fire-forged chapter 1 . 9/21/2005
hey!

let me just start by saying that i love all your stories. your style of writing is fantastic and really captures the characters and their emotions beautifully. you have just the perfect amount of angst, and everything feels really...real..

but for some reason my favourite story, so near yet so far, has disappeared ! (btw, i really liked the aragorn, arwen relationship in it, i could feel their eternal love for each other). so anyways, if you are still out there somewhere, and are still writing or planning more stories, i would appreciate it a lot if you could repost so near yet so far, i wanted to read it again...oh yes, and pls, don't stop writing...im looking forward to reading more of your work, ecspecially lotr. stories, so pls do continue to write...

thanks a lot!

fireforged
wishnik chapter 1 . 1/17/2004
I loved this so much! Celeborn is a severely underappreciated elf in LOTR and I think it's marvelous that you recognized that he's not just 'Galadriel's husband'. I seem to like obscure characters, though.(Celeborn, Elrohir, Elladan). Great job!
AilciA chapter 1 . 9/25/2003
That was breath-takingly well-written. I am not a normal fan of Celeborn stories, but this is the complete exception to that rule. Very well done.
Ceanen chapter 1 . 7/22/2003
Great fic, Sphinx!

I, too, was a bit put off by the abrupt changes in the conversation- but the way you wrote it made me feel as if both Aragorn and Celeborn felt where the conversation was going, following it seamlessly, and it was my inperceptive mind that wasn't able to catch up. It was a disconcerting feeling...

Your language is lovely, the Lorien descriptions inviting, and Celeborn's praise is well deserved. He really is a great character that should be addressed more often.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2003
very nicely written
Mika May on ff.net nsi chapter 1 . 6/23/2003
Hi, just popped in from the HASA mailing list. _ I really enjoyed this- as others have said, it's so _nice_ to see something focusing on Celeborn. Plus, your descriptions- of their surroundings, of their thoughts and body language- were lovely. The only thing that jarred me somewhat was what I felt was a rather abrupt transition from mourning Gandalf to worrying over Arwen... I didn't really make the leap from Galadriel to Arwen. ;; But still, that's pretty minor when compared to the story as a whole. Good work! _
Tiniowien chapter 1 . 6/22/2003
Yet again another GREAT story! So Near, Yet so Far was such a brilliant read, and you haven't failed in producing yet another masterpiece! I hope there's more, keep up the good work and please keep me updated! (I left my email address in a review I did for So Near, Yet so Far). I apologise for being so unconstructive in my reviews!
grumpy chapter 1 . 6/21/2003
just read "wisdom long obscured" it is nice to see Celeborn get a story, and i love Aragorn too. Loved your other stories and loved this one too. Just wanted to say you are good.
Marnie chapter 1 . 6/21/2003
Brilliant! The little tweaks have made it flow a lot better, and it's just... well it's just lovely. As luminous as its characters and its setting.

Thanks for the note! I'm flattered :) I'll have it up on the site before the day's over :)
Nell Marie chapter 1 . 6/20/2003
Hey, it's up! Well done!

You know I think this is fantastic but I just have to tell you again. A brilliant look at Celeborn from so many different angles, and a lovely portrayal of Aragorn.

Keep writing that prequel.

NM