Reviews for Dusk Dawning
CenaGrace chapter 28 . 3/3/2014
I loved your tales of Wilhelmina! She's such a great character and her growth was very touching. I guess I only had one critique to add. I know Wilhelmina didn't know that Phillip was her father but I just wondered if Jaenelle would have told her. In DOTB Jaenelle mentions it to Daemon that Phillip was under a dream spell because Her mother did not wish to be seeded by Robert. Either way, just some food for thought. This is one of the best BJT fictions I have ever come across.
Guest chapter 28 . 10/18/2013
This was great. Thank you for writing it and for allowing me to read it.

Debby
Esseraph chapter 28 . 6/24/2013
This is wonderful, a true delight to read. Wilhelmina didn't get much light in the series but I was passing fond of her and this just reinforced the fondness for a character much like myself. Thanks for sharing.
LilacRose23 chapter 28 . 12/28/2012
I've been glancing over a few BJT stories on and I have to congratulate you on Dusk Dawning. You've really captured the spirit and feel of the Realms, adding a little of your own lore while still being true to the characters. Sadly, not many others seem to do this *cringe* It looks like it's been over 5 years since you updated on this and I don't even know if this account is something you still look in on. Just wanted to share my appreciation of a true fan's work.

My username is the same on here, but sadly I can't log in to the account at the moment :)
Branwhin chapter 28 . 9/27/2012
Just as awesome this time, when I have an actual account, as the first time I read it. That was some while ago now; I'm not sure I ever left you a review. If not I apologize.

I really enjoyed the entire thing. Twice, now, and I'm favouriting the story for future rereads. You have the timbre of the universe as perfectly as anybody not Anne Bishop ever could. Well done. I have a fondness for 'side' characters myself in most of what I read.

Hope you're still enjoying writing!
Gwargedd-Annwn13 chapter 28 . 9/25/2012
Awesome! Very well done in keeping with the same tone as Bishop's stories yet making these characters grow with your own personal writing style. I am also glad that you continued with a sequel to this story as it felt like there could be more. _
Sketchai chapter 28 . 7/29/2012
Ahhh, this was amazing. Fantastic, astounding, and totally canon as far as I'm concerned. Well done!
Nagasasu chapter 23 . 6/12/2011
""My Lady." His voice went deep and velvet-soft on the possessive," Ohhhh, this line just melts my heart. WAFF.
Parue chapter 28 . 6/3/2011
Man... I read this whole story in one sitting. I felt as if I was reading a new book from A. Bishop herself, it was just that well written. And I have read quite a few fan-fic's in my undieing need to read more from the realms. I was always sad that Wilhelmina's story line just sort of died off, I was so intrigued at how she would overcome that crippling shyness and fear, and then she just poofed.

This story made me do a giddy little dance in my chair. Fantastic work.

I'm not on my way to read through all the rest of you fanfics, you have a true talent for keeping true to Bishops characters, while still making them your own.
Indygodusk chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Just reread this story, and it is still delightful. THanks!
lethe2011 chapter 28 . 2/15/2011
Coming very late to this, but this is a superb story - a thoughtful, insightful, and wonderful romantic story about Wilhelmina, an underused and underappreciated character in the BJ canon.
Gotta love it chapter 28 . 7/15/2010
You have captured the essance of her writing much better than most. You had a fantastic plot line as well good character development, and you kept it cannon!

Well done!
Misha Day chapter 28 . 7/14/2010
I found this from a rec somewhere and devoured it, and then decided to actually read the Black Jewels series. So I picked up the omnibus. A few weeks later I actually had the opportunity to read through it (loooong plane flight) and when I was done, I had to pick up everything else she'd written. Plus so many things made sense about your story, I knew I had to re-read it. So I dropped by two bookstores and became puzzled that I couldn't find the one about Wilhelmina... and there wasn't a book or short story listed on Bishop's site that had it... until I realized that oh yeah, fanfic.

So really: massive kudos to you for writing a lovely, professional-quality story that's so true to Bishop's world and voice.
Branwhin chapter 28 . 6/15/2010
Beautifully done. Definitely BJT, and most definitely feels like Wilhelmina. I like her too. Very well written; I enjoyed reading this very much. Thank you for writing it, and I hope you're glad it's still being read after all this time!
Thornwitch chapter 20 . 5/25/2010
Yay! The Blood needs shrinks, badly. Surely there must be healers who specialize in the mind...

I also appreciate that Whilhelmina is kind of a girly-girl. She was raised a nob and it shows. Don't get me wrong, I like to read a tomboy heroine as much as the next gal, but other types make a nice change.