Reviews for To Hell and Back: An Elf's Tale
Eryniel Alasse chapter 3 . 5/27/2015
Ohhkay. I'll try to be nice while saying this, and please don't take this as a flame.

This story is a really original idea. I've never seen anything else like it, in all honesty, and it's a well-thought-out plot, truly. However, your writing style has some issues.

1. Mechanics. I'm only fourteen years old, but I don't spell words incorrectly. There are numerous other grammatical errors in this story, as well as some often-repeated words and phrases. I'd advise you to get a beta, because an editor can help you find those aberrations and correct them before a chapter is posted. Your word choice is also not very advanced for a high schooler. In a good story, I usually have to look up two or three words to check their definitions. All of your words, I knew.

2. Sindarin. Your elvish could also use a little touching-up. First off, "Atara" does not mean "mother." "Naneth" or "Nana" are the most widely used forms, although "Emil" would also be acceptable. You could even employ the title "Amillë" if you're in a Quenya mood. But Atara, I believe, comes from Grey Company Elvish, not pure Sindarin.

3. Details. Your writing style isn't very descriptive. Many pertinent descriptions are excluded from the text, and the ones that are included are often unneccessary. For example, we really don't need a precise description of every demon's hair color and length. A few individuals' physical appearances would be far better than listing each demon's qualities.

4. The biggest problem? The story isn't finished! Perhaps one day you'll come back to this story, and if you do, I hope that you'll consider revising your start and take my advice for the rest.

I hope this can help your writing, and I do believe you have plenty of potential in your writing, it just needs some work.

Lord Makura chapter 17 . 1/1/2007
OMg why did you stop T_T
Kitsune no Yuuki chapter 17 . 5/25/2006
...i liked this story, but i guess its on hiatus..wah..
GabrielSilk chapter 17 . 3/7/2006
Oh... you haven't updated for neearly two years! When is the next chapter coming? WHEN? Legolas can't stay evil coz he left across the sea with Gimli. Also coz he's an elf. And coz my friend Angharad would kill you if he stayed evil and then you wouldn't be able to post the next chaptr! :( oh dear oh dear oh dear. And don't tell me you haven't finsished writing it yet, you've had TWO YEARS! And I won't give you flames, I'll give you ICE! hehehe... crap joke. Is Legolas becoming not evil? Hope so... elves aren't supposed to be evil. Ah, well, keep writing.

Namarie! :)
Kurama's-fangirl chapter 1 . 10/27/2005
sniff...this is so sad! plus Arwen outta character...i luv it ...sniff...
avalonmage chapter 17 . 5/5/2005
keep writing good but very short. I know elvsh cures so keep updating the story
Secks Puppet chapter 17 . 1/30/2005
TERRI! I love you! This is such a Jammin' fic! If you don't update soon! I will strangle you to death! Grr! Ha! Okay, call me! Like... now? Kewl. Anyway... this fic is just sexy.

I mean smexy.

Love to you!

Evenstar Princess chapter 17 . 12/21/2004
Great story! Please keep writing!
HecateTriformis chapter 17 . 8/4/2004
Hi , did you say something about July 12th? Yes? Well, its August now and I just read your story and - I want to know whats next! Please!

Oh, and I like the fact that my dear belov-uhm ... that Aragorn is in this that much ... I am writing nonsense, I know, sorry. ;) Just update, please!
scatteredbrains chapter 17 . 7/19/2004
haha, aw! even if Exile isn't Legolas...well, i mean, even if Legolas wasn't himself, he still 'rescued' Gimli and everyone else in my terms! lol! yeah, short, but it was kinda dark-funny at the end. yey! GREAT chapter though! plz update REALLY soon! D D D
Nikki chapter 17 . 7/14/2004
An update! Yes! You know, I can't for the life of me remember why that chappie reminded me of Van Helsing, but anyway. Alright, Exile has the Black Blade of Death! or something like
Faerlain chapter 17 . 7/14/2004

You FINALLY updated! Short chapter, but good. And Gimli and Rumil and Orophin are alive! Wo ho! Yay.

PLEEASE don't take tw months to update this time. I lurrvee this story, you can't take forever! _

Shadowwill chapter 17 . 7/13/2004
YES! You finally updated. I was starting to think that you had dropped off the face of the earth or something like that. good chapter though, i really can't wait for the next one. update fast. and don't take 300 years to do so this time, please.
fire faerie chapter 17 . 7/12/2004
so what kind of cookies are these? hm anyway im glad you didnt become a premature godmother, and what do you mean by geekiod camp?

please update soon and please dont kill off vulcan he is cool cuz i like is when him and Exlie are fighting its cool.

Please Update byebye.
NightbirdSongbird chapter 17 . 7/12/2004

Lilith: 0.o Fef?

Nightbird: ...SNARF!

Lilith: WAI! *hides*

Songbird: Oh. Yummy. Thank you!

Hereniath: _ Thanks for the cookies!

Betty: I don't like cookies. : (