Reviews for When the World Was Still
Kalisona chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
. Great story. And yet...I bet that you could continue it onto the Fall of Gondolin, if you wanted. I'd like that. *nods* You write Glorfindel and Ecthelion so well, I'd like to see more.
Griffo Bumbleroot chapter 1 . 6/11/2005
Hey, Shouldn't this story be in the Silmarillion area? Since it didn't take place in the third or fourth age it took place in the first? Still the story is really good, I just think it belongs in the Silmarillion area.
loanshark chapter 1 . 11/8/2003
ah...beautiful! :):) lovely lovely ecthelion and glorfindel story! :) thanks so much for it! :)
Mouse chapter 1 . 8/9/2003
Simply gorgeous. Especially poignant knowing that it was on just such a day that Gondolin fell. Lovely writing.
Dragon Confused chapter 1 . 7/5/2003
Wow! Loved this! I missed that being posted too! We really need a Glorfindel filter catagory around here! It's perfect! Didn't need betaing...

I wonder if Ecthelion often plays his flute? Another story perhaps?
LasseLanta01 chapter 1 . 6/25/2003
(Sighs) Such a wonderful look at a younger Glorfindel and I adore the way you've portrayed Ecthelion. Calling his friend a "giddy elfling" so endearing. Gondolin must have been the most beautiful place and you've touched on it's beauty through the eyes of its most faithful defenders. A superb salute to the summer solstice. Makes you wish you were standing on the walls with them all at the sunrise.
Faerfaen chapter 1 . 6/24/2003
Another beauty from you but that was expected. Your work is always awesome O) is this finsihed? I hope not its good!

*~* Dy *~*
Nilmandra chapter 1 . 6/22/2003
It is rather fun to imagine Glorfindel 'foolish' and 'beguiling' in his first life.

What a wonderful picture you have painted of the great elf lords in a quiet moment in Gondolin.

Methinks you should write more stories of Gondolin. I think I would like to see them serenading Idril or see Glorfindel beguiling others with his charm.

*tries to figure out ways to cast spells on Levade so she accepts plot bunnies...*
Kitty2228 chapter 1 . 6/22/2003
It's interesting that something so simple, when well written, can be so enjoyable. That was a wonderful read.
Clarenova chapter 1 . 6/21/2003
I shall not melt. I shall not melt. *I'm MELTING! MELTING!*

I loved Ecthelion in this fic! His personality seemed to be so easily portrayed in this short fic... *glomps Ecthelions*

But of course... *waves Glorfindel banner*
daw the minstrel chapter 1 . 6/21/2003
A nice moment. You let us see what it may have been like in Gondolin, and bring these two to life.
QQQ p chapter 1 . 6/21/2003
Geez, it was ages since I read this, so I'll have to trust you got everything right which I'm sure you did!

Wow, that sounded like something streight out of the book! Don't tell me, you were probably reading it just before you wrote this. Very good, and slow! Slow is good, people round here don't know how to write slowly. Nice Job!