Reviews for Underneath The Sky
ak chapter 1 . 6/26
ça promet d'être amusant! :)
If you would drop this "one shot' over on ao 3 and tag it like you did "A One Night Stand in Three Acts" to your "One Shot" story in 7 chapters. they could be read together - please. It would also let us know you didn't jump off the astronomy tower or contract COVID or something equally horrible.
Grosvenor chapter 1 . 3/3
I love this! Can you write more, please? A full story?
This is the 4th or 5th time I have read this "footnote" to LIVE FOREVER. Everytime I come up with the same half dozen directions this segment could head. This makes two "dangling participles" you've left on this site (SLIDING DOORS has the other spot). I thought your English skills were better than that. Oh, by the way, don't ask me to define what a "dangling participle" is. I never figured it out some sixty years ago when I was a high school senior when Mrs. Abkee, my English Comp. teacher, circled it in bright red ink with a DP left over the offence. She deducted 10 points from what I thought was an excellently researched essay that deserved at least a 95%. I graduated from law school 25 years after that class (second career and all that rot). I always got excellent results from my "well researched" briefs, but never figured out just what the damn fool mistake was. Her comment was, "look it up". She knew her stuff, but Snape reminded me of the battleax (as she was "affectionately" known).
Mvelez91 chapter 1 . 1/14
Lol Barney
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 12/30/2021
How did I miss this delightful tidbit before today?! I'm so glad you decided to revisit the Live Forever 'verse!

Cecil the Squid, and Barney the Basilisk. Kinda hard to believe that Salazar Slytherin decided to name them that, but perhaps he'd done so after having a few more drams of firewhiskey than were normally advisable. ;-)

I'm confused over the spellcasting between Harry and Hermione that Cecil witnessed. Is it maybe that Hermione's casting Legilimency on Harry, to test his Occlumency? But if so, who'd she learn Legilimency from? Given how very few Legilimens are known in the series, I would think it a very difficult skill to learn...
*pauses as struck by a thought*
As difficult as animagery, say. But goodness, didn't we learn in the series that there are a lot more Unregistered animagi then there are Registered animagi? So there are probably a fair number of unknown Legilimencers in Harry's world, too, using their abilities on the sly. But canon Dumbledore chose Snape to torment/teach Harry Occlumency because He's Dumbledore and He Has His Reasons, Just Trust Him.
Anyway, was it testing-Occlumency-with-Legilimency that Cecil witnessed, or was it something else?

I'm hoping that you'll continue this story from a different perspective! After all, there are several different types of magical beasts & beings to be found outside the castle besides Cecil and the merfolk. There's the centaurs (Firenze was still with the herd in autumn, he didn't leave them to teach in the castle until spring), and the hippogriff and thestral herds. (And the acromantulas, who are capable of human speech unlike the thestrals and hippogriffs, but really I'm fine with leaving them out of everything.) And in mid-November by the canon timeline, Hagrid returns to Hogwarts with Grawp in tow (how the heck did Hagrid hide Grawp while they were traveling across Europe, anyway?!)
Guest chapter 1 . 12/24/2021
I don't know if you are sick, or off somewhere pouting. I really don't care. It's time you buck up and FINISH "Sliding Doors". I apologize to your Trustee (testatrix) or Administrator (adinistratrix) as the case may be, if that is an appropriate REASON for your hiatus. I say this with tongue in cheek as I suppose there might be additional REASONS for such a delay. Trimitic amputation of your hands comes to mind. I desperately hope something like that hasn't happened, but; please, find out what motivates you to finish that particular story. In the event one of the REASONS noted in this response/review could you please have one of your representatives leave us a note concerning your situation? Thanks. It really isn't healthy for your mental state and could be dangerous to the public to allow this situation to fester :)
Majerus chapter 1 . 12/14/2021
Huh. Strange, but in a good way. Thank you for another glimpse into that universe. Please, may we have some more? :-)
Guest chapter 1 . 12/12/2021
This is so refreshing and a unique take on the Giant Squid's perspective upon seeing Harmony moments. Really nice read! Thanks! Hope this has a following up :)
CarolsSister chapter 1 . 12/11/2021
Dang! I really would have enjoyed seeing Umbitch come under attack from a lot of tridents.
Booktoon4 chapter 1 . 12/9/2021
Hi there! This is an awesome story!

I always like to wonder about things like this, Harry’s story from the point of view from a creature’s perspective! Especially from one who is forgotten mostly. Or talked about for a brief moment in the books or in the movies, then hardly ever mentioned again.

Also, I think it’s cool how you gave Cecil observe the goings-on in the castle and the lake!

And awww Harry, Hermione, and her parents got excited over Cecil’s splash and his curiosity!
I like how you show Harry and Hermione’s bond too! Through little snippets of conversation and gestures.

And also the mention of other magical creatures is fun too, especially how the readers can tell how they are based on Cecil’s perspective!

Yes haha! Umbridge deserves all that.

Thanks for making this!
bkerrmom1 chapter 1 . 10/30/2021
I love everything you write and I am eagerly awaiting anything else that your muse might add to this awesome one shot storyline that took on a life of its own !
FriendlyFire59 chapter 1 . 10/10/2021
Did a reread of 'Live Forever' (Still good) and checked for a sequel and happily found one. True it was not what I expected, however it is an excellent short story with a very unique point of view and I really enjoyed it.
Thanks for posting.
Here is how I think what would happen in an hour would go. Umbridge gets yanked into the lake so quickly she doesn't have time to make a sound, while the three on shore gape at the slowly stilling surface of the lake a single tentacle pops up, waves at them, and slips back into the lake with out a splash. McGonagall snaps her mouth shut, turns to Harry and Hermione and says "Well, off to your Advance Charms class now you two."
melanie.lee07 chapter 1 . 9/29/2021
Barney...Love it! Really enjoyed Live Forever and this is a great addition.
Pale Lady chapter 1 . 9/25/2021
Really adorable story, especially for the POV of a massive behemoth of a creature. And I feel sorry for poor old Barney, no one likes him :(
Really though, a great story from a perspective I really didn't know I needed