Reviews for Scars On The Heart: an Escaflowne Continuation
AngeloftheOdd chapter 5 . 2/21/2008
Simply put one of the best fanfictions I have ever had the pleasure of reading. It's beautifully written and has a wonderful story. Also, I think it's wonderful to see Zongi in a fanfiction _
Beautybedamned chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
You have no idea how psyched I was to actually find this story! I've been looking for this forever and I'm so glad I've finally found it. :) Beautifully written and conceptualized. :) Putting this under my favorites. Kudos!
rIOko chapter 14 . 2/28/2007
Just great.
Shade Alseide chapter 1 . 11/15/2006
I read this wonderful fanfiction some years ago now, and I can tell that it is still my favourite one ! The writing is really good, and all the characters seem so human and real... You're a great writer ! And sorry I guess my english might look a little strange or really bad, but I am french :-)
suzanami chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
This was my first Escaflowne fanfic and it's still one of my absolute favorites. There's no one thing that I like best about it; the story as a whole is just wonderful and an absolute joy to read. I love what you did with each character, the characterizations, the situations. Love love love for you, Ma'am.
Trench Kamen chapter 1 . 11/28/2004
Hey, it's Kuroyami no Senshi, pouring my everloving devotion to your writing out once again. I feel like what I have to say has already been said time-and-again, but this is utterly amazing.
Lasaire chapter 14 . 2/16/2004
AAhh, I have loved this story for forever! I'm so sad that you seem to have abandoned the sequel! I love how the relationship between Serena and Gaddess turns out; they balance each other perfectly and Serena's plucky personality is wonderful! Allen's going to have his hands full, with the two strong-willed women in his life!
Just a minor note, though. Marlene was the oldest, not Eries. Eries refers to Marlene as "oneesama" meaning "older sister"-sama (the -sama referring to her nobility, the way Merle always calls Van, Van-sama) in the scene where she asks Allen to stop leading Millerna on.
SerinaGyrfalc chapter 1 . 8/10/2003
I read this a very long time ago from The Visions of Escaflowne web sit that had a link to it. I always wanted to tell you the you have extream talent and how wonderfully enjoyable I found this tale to be.

Vocabulary is well used, characters do something very rare-STAY IN CHARACTER, and there are no visable jerks, jumps, sudden story flow rushes, nor mistakes in character discriptions.

Thank you for creating us a lovely and well rendered story. If you ever go professional, you can expect me to be one of the first people to buy one of your books. -~
Gone Now chapter 14 . 4/15/2003
*applaudes* Wonderful job, Sarah. I actually read this story many many months ago (perhaps over a year ago, I'm not sure), but even today it's still my favorite Escaflowne fanfic. It inspired me quite a bit and is still the only story I've ever read that ever had me choked up at the end. Absolutely terrific work!
Lasaire chapter 14 . 11/1/2002
Scars on the Heart is by far my most favorite Escaflowne continuation fic. It's very well-written, and obviously well-planned as well. Serena is very well-developed as a main character, and her internal vs. external conflicts really draw you into the plot. I'd read Scars first on Sarah-neko's website and then found it on , and I'm happy to see that there's also a continuation. Well done, Sarah-neko!
Ice Eyes chapter 1 . 4/19/2002
Wow...this is really good...but I'll have to read the rest later's really late...

Ice Eyes
Aluralas S chapter 1 . 2/12/2002
I read this on pretty boy from hell, i think i emailed a review... eh, don't remeber. I remember that I loved the story though, except that you had to go and make Eries the bad guy, and then Allen and Millerna hooked up! *argg!* Eries and Allen are supposed to be together... and I believe that Marlene was the oldest, but other than that really, really great.
herongale chapter 14 . 1/15/2002
I remember writing to you about this fic a few years ago, long before you brought it over here to . What a welcome find! This story is technically perfect as a fanfic; I remember finding only the most minor of flaws with the pacing, and virtually none with plot or characterization. Serena Schezar works as an "original character" at first, but it soon becomes clear that she is the sun-side of Dilandau, and you write that exceedingly well. Gadeth, too, is given unusual depth and flavour. This story is totally delicious and an absolute treat. I'm glad you brought it here, and I am sooooo glad that you wrote more. So, so much more... (looks at your author page in dumb admiration). So, so, SO much more... *twirls in a dead faint* Hah. Anyway. You a a superb writer and this is an amazing story.
Dwimordene chapter 14 . 11/12/2001
I actually read this on your website awhile ago, but never reviewed it (shame on me!). This is bar none the best piece of fanfiction I have ever read. Your pacing is good, the characterization is spot on, and the closing was very fitting. You juggled a lot of the series' loose ends and managed not to tie them in a Gordian knot or oversimplify them with a quick and unsatisfactory "solution." Well done! As a final and sincere tribute to your excellent work, let me say that the fact that you were posting to encouraged me to give fanficdom a try. I'm very grateful for your inspiration. Promise to tell us when you publish something original so we can go check it out in the local bookstores!
Gerwin Hassink chapter 14 . 10/2/2001
Very, very nice! I really liked this. Highly recommended!