Reviews for Ascendant
tpx1 chapter 5 . 3/7/2023
great story!
Thank you for sharing!
Guest chapter 5 . 1/7/2023
I thoroughly enjoyed this!

Your vision of what the races of Halo could eventually build into is unique, as far as I've seen, and you handled the presentation of it so well imo. Sci-fi tends to get really bogged down in worldbuilding for the sake of worldbuilding...I think you've done a great job of giving us the tantalizing overview while moving the story along at a captivating pace.

The Mantle Ascendant people themselves were written so that they conveyed the vast gulf between their post-scarcity, mantle-oriented perspective and that of ME's races' relatively young outlook. I very much enjoyed the Admiral's practical reaction to killing Tevos compared to everyone else's.

There's a lot of opportunity for further expasion here and that's what makes it such a great short story, it's very thought-provoking.

Thank you for writing and posting this.
Silky Button chapter 5 . 12/16/2022
fun! I really enjoyed reading this.
sad that Cortana and Chief are dead, but it really fits for this story
Ghost Dragon Master chapter 5 . 12/3/2022
This was the first Halo/Mass Effect crossover I've read where it had the Master Chief in it where he was dead. I loved the funeral you gave him, as well as the graves for all the other Spartan 2's. This was a very good if short read. Granted with how advanced the Ascendancy was there was not much you could have done to lengthen the story without ruining it. I just get sad when good fanfiction ends is all.
oxyd2013 chapter 5 . 10/18/2022
Fast, efficient, original... I liked it!
Thanks.
hunter 139 chapter 2 . 9/26/2022
I mean, I'm pretty sure the 100 billion years of knowledge is the point, to explain how eldritch the Precursors are when they predate the universe itself.
EvilHound chapter 5 . 5/13/2022
I really enjoyed this. Thanks.
Guest chapter 5 . 4/2/2022
I like to reread this story to forget about the Halo TV series.
Guest chapter 5 . 1/19/2022
Sad that the chief died.
Nagato wannabe chapter 5 . 1/4/2022
Wow I totally regret having skipped reading this story so many times lol it was great! Loved it
Sajuuk chapter 5 . 1/3/2022
Hello lol
Really good story.
Wanted to read the after action of the destruction of the reapers.
What the council races think about the ascendant.
Hoped some contact of the ascendant with the quarians, the geth, the rachnis or the krogans.
Also what about cerberus or the collector ?
Arent they agent of the reapers and so targets of the ascendant.
And why is not udina present when tevos was killed or jane and liara have come back.
Also i cant wait to read about liara testimonery to the council or what the alliance will think about the ascendant.
So please write some more chapter to let us see how the ME Galaxy evolve and their techs change.
StarRose85 chapter 5 . 12/30/2021
This story is so well written that it made me cry a little. My favorite part is the interaction between the Citadel Council and the sovage crew. The world building of the Mantle Ascendant was great you painted a full picture in few words. However I am a bit confused but about how, is Cortana alive when John is not. But that may have more to do with my problem with Character death then I think it is. I also want to know why the M. A. Didn't send Admiral who was a little more diplomatic to deal with the Council and reapers? . I agree with you that the Council is stupid but still killing one is not the way to prove a point.
Statess chapter 5 . 12/24/2021
Aw man I still wished chief was still alive somehow lol wonder what he could do. Somehow beat even one of these super advanced elites whits his armor and abilities would be amazing to see. (And the elite he fought did not hold back at all)
Gerhman Remington chapter 5 . 12/9/2021