Reviews for Seishin
DeadlyPole chapter 1 . 10/7
Hey, sorry for taking so long to get around to reading this, but I'm finally glad that I did!
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this fanfic. The story felt quite surreal and you fit the themes into the Evangelion universe well. Although, this fic was really dark with what happened between Shinji and Asuka, and then scenes like what Shinji first does to the apparition.

Takumi and Dr. Watanabe had an interesting dynamic, seemingly opposite dispositions and views - their interactions with Shinji let us explore multiple interpretations of what was happening.

I didn't quite get what occurred at the very end, but I'm hoping it's a happy ending - that's what I want it to be anyway. Solid writing, very well done.
John Spangler chapter 1 . 9/1
Very sad, but also very good. Thanks for writing!
deathbringer374 chapter 1 . 8/28
I had to read the story in parts to really appreciate it. A rather interesting concept, knowing the source material of Solaris I found the similarities quite endearing, great work creating the ambient of uncertainty between reality and dream.

The prose is very solid, and the tone is maintained throughout the length of the story. The ending was very powerful as well, it confused me for a second but I think leaving it to interpretation was the better course. Well done!

I look forward to more of you!

PEACE.
NoseGum chapter 1 . 8/28
I won't lie, I really hate tragic stuff. That said, this story interested me because of Solaris being it's inspiration, since I actually like Solaris. A little.

Really well done, the whole way through. I thought it was a really cool idea when I first heard about it, since the LCL sea is very open to interpretation, and it displaying characteristics similar to Solaris isn't completely out of the question. You incorporated those aspects into this story really nicely. They fit into the post-3rd impact world almost perfectly, and felt really natural as I was reading the story.

Dr. Watanabe and Takumi were great. They provided two different perspectives on the guests, with the latter being more correct. It was Shinji and Asuka's failure to empathize with each other that led to what happened, and both were to blame. I guess they reach some level of an understanding near the end of the story, or at least Shinji does.

Still, that ending confused me a bit, especially since the rest of the story wasn't difficult to understand. What did Shinji do to reunite with Asuka? Did he do anything? Was it real?

Very cool
gear528 chapter 1 . 8/26
I wasn’t sure what to expect at first but everything from the premise, themes and writing left me speechless. This was a fantastic read, thank you.
Ulysses67 chapter 1 . 8/24
Wow. I was wondering what you were up to these past couple of months. Not gonna lie, at first I was a bit disappointed that this wasn't another chapter of TSoC lol. But upon reading this I'm also glad it wasn't. I'm familiar with Solaris (The George Clooney version) and so I understand some of the basic premises from which you base the sea off of. This story was extremely well written and you have some great use of vivid language and similes that really add this serene yet melancholic vibe to the piece. The commentary on consciousness and souls was also very interesting and I really liked Dr. Watanabe and Takumi and their dynamic. You really pulled on my heartstrings with that ending though. I mean, in a way I guess it's good? Shinji gets to be with Asuka at the end so who knows. Very nice work and I hope that you continue to stay active.
Akomis chapter 1 . 8/24
I liked it. Now I need to read some waff for the balance, but the story was really good. Solaris x Eva crossover was a great idea. I think sea of LCL serves the purpose even better then a planet from the original story. Here the darker moments had a cause to be and a purpose in the story. So I had no issues accepting them. I add the story to asushin fanfic google doc. Good job.
Red Domino chapter 1 . 8/24
This one was weird. I love it.
Thought it was very good/ though I can’t say I exactly understand it. Very interesting concept, can’t say I’m familiar with the works that inspired it. Might have to read it a few more times to have a shot at understanding, though I’m not even sure that would help. I’d ask that you explain it like I’m an idiot, but given the intentional ambiguity of it all, I can’t imagine you would, and it might detract from things if you did. Or maybe the whole thing is clear, and I’m just dumb. Who knows? Not me. In any event good work. A very enjoyable read.
tomdj1701 chapter 1 . 8/23
Read through this twice, still a little confused. Dark but good but wow dark.
Daddy Cayden chapter 1 . 8/23
That's Fire.
dsw78 chapter 1 . 8/22
Wasn't expecting something quite this good when I came here from the sub. And you made me go and check out Solaris too!

Always fun to find new media from unexpected places online. Especially ones like this that are pretty damn well-written. Took me a few reads to really get what was going on, which is a testament to your capabilities. Great job!