Reviews for Ordeal
Darkflame's Pyre chapter 5 . 6/6/2012
Hey! I really liked this! It was a nice balance of both family and medical stuff. You put in enough to know how Gordon was being treated, yet it wasn't so much that I felt like I was drowning in it. I loved the exploration of the relationship between John and Gordon, and that all of them as a family helped Gordon to come back. I thought the bit where he asked John if he was kidding about going anywhere now that he was getting the submarine! And yay for Sandy going to NASA! Epicly cool! Xx
KayValo87 chapter 5 . 7/7/2011
Yay! They got their name! I love back story stuff. :)

Great story, very uplifting.
Professor Ali chapter 5 . 11/1/2008
Hello again, Quiller! I know I said in my Sight Unseen review that I would not have time to review all your stories, but I had to review this story, because I have had trouble getting it out of my mind.

I found this an extremely realistic and clear account of Gordon’s accident. I liked every part of it, and felt the chilling horror at the beginning, with John being asked to anchor himself, while waiting for the news- the description of the communication and John’s actions afterwards made me really feel that I was in space with him, unable to be there with Gordon.

My other favourite part I think would have to be Scott’s handling of Gordon’s terrified question – I don’t think you could have been more accurate in terms of how Scott would have reacted, first recoiling in dismay, then the “older brother” reflex kicking in with reassurance and practical comfort in the form of the mirror. That was extremely warming and nice. I had a horrible moment when I thought you were going to kill Sandy off, but the ending on that front made up for any grey hairs you may have given me!

All in all, a really masterful handling of a subject close to the heart of this Gordon fan.

Thanks

Ali
Little Miss Bump chapter 5 . 6/23/2008
This was really well done! I love Gordon's character, and I think you've managed to create a really good background for all his brothers. In all the references is books and stuff about his accident, it only says that he crashed and learned to walk again. You did a great job in developing the story like this!
black4minister chapter 5 . 6/9/2008
oh mygod, that story was brillent. you captured the whole terrible ordeal for both gordon and his family so well. it was great. i love the bit where jeff goes 'danmit gordon if you die you're nover getting that one man sud-so funny! anyway-great fic-keep it up!
BlueEyedAlchemist chapter 5 . 5/6/2008
I really liked this story

i always wondered wat they ment by the hydrofoil accident
Cip chapter 5 . 4/10/2006
this is fantastic! I cried laughed and cheered all the way through it!
Hobbeth chapter 5 . 9/25/2004
Incredible, well written story. I especially loved how Jeff kept Gordon from dying (and Gordon's POV of the "incident") and how John helped Gordon out of his coma.

You brought me to tears in some places and joy in others. As you meant to do, I'm sure.

It could have benefitted from a beta - or if you had it beta'd, from another one, but the mistakes aren't too many.

Please keep writing. I'd love to see another new one by the time I finish what you've already written.
BoomerCat chapter 5 . 6/28/2003
Ah! A totally satisfying ending to a good story. Thank you for not taking the easy way out. Injuries of that nature don't heal overnight, and you've shown that. Excellent!
TheCaptain3 chapter 5 . 6/25/2003
What a great story! I loved how you depicted the relationship between Gordon and John (it's how I've always seen them, too) and the dream sequence in Chapter 3 was amazing! Great job- you made me smile. Thanks!
Crystal Phoenix1 chapter 2 . 6/24/2003
WOW! and I mean WOW! This is really gripping stuff. Good quality tense drama with a good grasp of basic medical stuff as well (I'm a biochem/pharmacology student). Please write more stuff of this calibre and I'll be very happy!