Reviews for A World Away
Vanessa Masters chapter 16 . 18h
"A pleasure Mr. Ollivander, I appreciate you taking the time to help me find my wand." Neville told him clearly making sure he kept his voice steady. Ollivander smiled at the boy in a knowing way.

"Of course, of course. Though, I should scold you for taking so long. I was expecting you close to four months ago, you know. It's impolite to keep someone of my age waiting." Ollivander chastised in a friendly manner to the boy. Neville's face went red at the comment and he looked down at that.

"I… Sorry."

"Well, it's no trouble. You're here now and that's what matters. Shall we begin then? You're lucky you came on a quiet day. I have only had one customer all day. Well, most come during the summer, of course, so it is expected. Why don't you grab a seat Mr. Potter, this may take a while…"

"As you say." Harry replied easily while finding a simple chair at the back of the main store room where Ollivander had his many shelves.

To be fair, put the blame on Gran, Ollivander.

Interesting wand choice.

And soaked in Empowered blood? Cool!

Invisibility cloak!
AuthorxAuthor chapter 8 . 2/19
kinda mad you had him tell albus , i get you're going with a albus is not evil story but still
Lukoshi chapter 34 . 2/17
This has been a great read, I really hope you have more to write because I will be looking forward to it!
Vanessa Masters chapter 15 . 2/16
"Perhaps on your break we can go to a zoo so you can get a feel for the appearance of some animals." Minerva suggested. Harry shook his head.

"This close to Christmas, muggle zoos will either be closed or completely packed with people. It might be better to wait until summer for such a trip. In the meantime, what about animation?"

"Well… Usually, animation comes after living Transfiguration but that's mainly due to the power requirements associated with it. For some reason, I suspect that'll be less of an issue for you." She gave him a deadpan look at that. He gave an innocent smile in return. Naturally massive magical reserves for the win!

"The issue with animation is it something more similar to a hybrid of Transfiguration and charms. I would advise that you watch me and observe how my magic moves while I cast." Minerva suggested. Harry nodded before once more reaching out into his magical sixth sense and began paying close attention. With that, Minerva pulled out her own wand and began to cast.

I love these factually filled bits.

Harry explaining to Hermione Obscurials.

Also, Neville family are idiots...his fathers wand!?

Also, Harry throwing up seeing voldemort on backnof Quirrells head.
Vanessa Masters chapter 14 . 2/16
The giant was looking directly at him in anger and roared loudly right at him. What? The creature had somehow broken out of his illusion? Did it have some natural mental protections that prevented the illusion from sticking on him? That was bad. That meant his fire curse could do nothing and his complex illusions were useless. He could still use the basic Miran as it was a static illusion that didn't get cast directly on a target.

Yep, Harry learns Trolls are resistant to magic.

And gives himself a concussion after vomitting had blacking put from killing Troll, and killing for first time.
Vanessa Masters chapter 13 . 2/16
"This is not the first time I have had reports of your verbal tirades you launch on students Severus. I told you to pull it back and you told me that they were overexaggerated. I chose to trust that you were simply a strict teacher and students didn't like that. I see now, I have been too lenient with you. You see, verbal abuse, that is one thing, I could give you a slap on the wrist and have you ensure such an issue never arises again. But this… To have allegations brought to me that one of MY professors in MY school, illegally tried to invade the mind of a child… Needless to say, at this very moment, my displeasure is almost immeasurable…" Dumbledore trailed off as he looked at the man.

For once, he actually felt bad for the Potions Master. What he did was most assuredly wrong but having the full weight of Dumbledore's presence brought down to bear on you like that must have been lighting off every nerve in his body. Judging by the amount of sweat coming of the man, it likely was.

"Headmaster, I did no such…"

"YOU DARE LIE TO ME? TO MY FACE?"

I love dragon Dumbledore.

Oh, it was to regain Harry's trust.

Or ensure it's there.

And warns Harry, people like him can easily fall into darkness.

And Ciri says she'll tell Geralt about Harry.
Vanessa Masters chapter 12 . 2/16
Harry and Hermionenin ravenclaw and making Ron realize he should feel good with what he has but aspiring for other stuff. Like alchemy.

And chatting with Ciri.
Yeah, he'd be worried about the hat having access to Ciri mind too.
Jamerz06 chapter 34 . 2/15
Can’t wait to see the next chapter
Shay Shadowhunter chapter 1 . 2/11
good
Please do not drop
biob1 chapter 26 . 1/28
Why doesn't he use the strengthening ritual himself instead of just trying to buff neville
Ashera fanfics chapter 34 . 1/23
Too much character development in too little time passed. Ron progressed way too fast, so did Hermione and Neville to a lesser extent. Tracy, on the other hand, seems barely involved.

If you space out progress in disciplines and diversify the projects, you could solve all the situations over the 1st 5 years rather than making leaps and bounds in one or two areas in a single year. This could lead to more realistic development and let time pass fast enough to be done with HP plot when he finally can go to Ciri's world. At the pace you've set Harry will be crossing worlds midway through 4th year, be able to cure everything, create homonculi, philosophal stones and all before he reaches 15. There's little challenge left for that kind of protagonist unless you decide to follow in the steps of garbage anime and just make the villains overpowered to stay relevant.

I loved reading about Dumbledore and Snape going down to the chamber of secrets and dirtying their own hands for once, this is too rare. Dumbledore actually moved his butt cheeks from his armchair and was the one to duel Voldy in years 1 and 2 and he faced the basilisk.
Vanessa Masters chapter 11 . 1/18
"I doubt you understand the gravity of a wandmaker offering to teach his craft to another Harry so I shall inform you, that was a very BIG deal." Albus immediately told him. Harry's eyes widened.

"Truly?"

"Indeed. Gerrick hasn't offered an apprenticeship in close to fifty years if my memory serves me correctly. He is an indisputable master of the field the likes of which is rarely seen. I would advise you to truly take such an offer under consideration." Dumbledore counseled. Harry nodded much more seriously than he had been. He would indeed consider the offer though he was less interested in wand lore than some other personal projects he had.

Oooh, intriguing.

Oh, Harry figures out why Ciri can't use magic regular.

And shares his time in diagob alley.
ITC chapter 34 . 1/17
Please continue this
Igniferroque chapter 34 . 1/10
Thank you for everything you’ve written. Thoroughly enjoyable story just as much as much as everything else of yours I’ve read.
1,317 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »