Reviews for Covert Distractions
Warg chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
Hey..

I usually avoid shonen-ai, but this was well, a rather interesting piece.

A very well done Sano, different, confused and thinking.

I felt for both Megumi and Sano here, they left with reasons that Kaoru could not catch upon.. and while i would wholly incline on the "leaving the rurouni's shadow" as his reason to leave, this is a very well done explanation too..

Thanks for the good read _

mirune keishiko chapter 1 . 2/6/2005
m. i like this!ΓΌ yes, it's indecisive, but it's refreshing in fanfic (where most people, including yours truly, usually prefer neat closure ;). it's very real in this way. poor Sano! you've depicted him so well, traced his motivations in a very believable way (e.g. maybe he's just in love with the ideals that Kenshin happens to personify for him).

another thoroughly enjoyable read from you. thanks!
audsome chapter 1 . 5/6/2004
HOLLO!
i like your fic!
i did enjoy it thank you very much!
Cassidy J chapter 1 . 2/3/2004
Oh.
I must glomp Sano in this. Wonderfully well done, how he doesn't go in one direction or the other-only in his own. *nods* Brilliant work.
-sighs- Now if I could only condense my own stories this way...
Kitsune-Onna19 chapter 1 . 1/22/2004
hey! that was really awesome! i think you should try writing sano/megumi fics!
M chapter 1 . 6/29/2003
Whew, I've been lagging on reviews lately. My apologies. Hopefully, I will eventually form some constructive responses to your updates (which I have to catch myself up on!)

This fic was so interesting. I've seen so much fanfic with Kenshin/Sano that I'm beginning to think that it's annoying that everyone seems to jump to the conclusion that strong male relationships always implies homosexuality-in the whole tongue-in-cheek is he isn't he, let's take any emotional depth and complexity from the stories here...(whew what a tangent, sorry!)

Actually, I'm all for alternate pairings, anything if it's done right-after all a good story is a good story no matter what. And this was a great quickie read. I keep thinking of the Kenshin Sano interactions in your Kendo story and I dont think I can tell you enough about how I admire your precision in writing characters. Akai kenshin gumi instant chemistry.

Note to make this even better: I would have love to have seen more angst over his indecsion (the highlight, in my opinion in this fic) afterall, coming to terms with the fact that your feelings for a friend maybe more than just platonic has HUGE emotional implications. And consequently, less focus on K/K and more on Kenshin and Sano. Ohh, also, a focus on the goodbye scene would be that much more dramatic-if that's what you're going for anyway-and I love me my drama!

Happy writing!
hakubaikou chapter 1 . 6/25/2003
Sano's indecision is exactly what makes this fic so interesting to read. If everyone knew exactly what they wanted all the time, the world would be a pretty boring place, I would think.

This was wonderful, Akai. Great characterizations. A hint of shonen-ai without breaking character. Loved the emotions this evoked. Sad and heartbreaking, but uplifting at the same time. I really felt for Sano (and Megumi).
Calger chapter 1 . 6/23/2003
I've honestly never like the idea of Sano being gay (borderline or otherwise), but reading the manga or watching the anime you can't help but let the thought cross your mind every once and a while. I really liked how you walked the line with this, it felt very in-character for him, and I think it explains his reasons for leaving better than the manga did. *sniff* the ending's so sad, Sano's one of my favorites :) Is this an indecisive fic? Yeah, but it works _